This is a copy of Cricket's insurance FAQ. We had a hard time Googling it so we took a moment to document it here.

Is there a phone replacement program I can buy for my Cricket PAYGo phone to protect against loss, theft, or damage?

No, a phone replacement program (handset insurance) is not available for Cricket PAYGo customers.

What is the Phone Replacement Program?

How does the Phone Replacement Program work?

You can enroll in the program when you purchase and activate a new phone on the Cricket network. The Handset Protection Program costs $5 per month and is conveniently billed to your account. Should something happen to your covered handset, you are eligible for a replacement phone of the same quality of your original.

What does the Phone Replacement Program cover?
The Phone Protection Program provides protection against direct physical damage, accidental water or liquid damage, theft, lost or misplaced phones, and mechanical or electrical failure once the manufacturer's warranty expires.

Do I have to pay a deductible?

Yes, the deductibles are $20, $50, $85, $125 and $150 and are based on the device selected. Please refer to your local Cricket store for more information.

What do I do if my phone is lost, stolen, or damaged?
If your phone was damaged, lost or stolen please call 1-866-217-5787 or click here to file a claim online (


How do I report a lost phone?

Please visit your local Cricket store or contact Customer Service at 1-800-CRICKET. A Customer Service Representative will assist you in temporarily suspending the line of service associated with the lost phone. If you have the Phone Replacement feature, please follow the steps outlined below to file a claim.

To file a claim, complete the following steps:
1. If your phone is stolen, you must file a police report.
2. Contact the Phone Protection Team to file a replacement claim by dialing 1-866-217-5787 toll-free.
3. Please be able to provide:
o A description of your phone and accessories involved in the claim.
o How and when damage/loss occurred.
o A police report number if lost or stolen.
o A credit card for the claim deductible (if paying by credit card).
o Provide proof of ownership/proof of loss.

Claims may be fulfilled with new or refurbished equipment. Claims must be filed within 60 days from the date the incident occurred. If the make or model of the phone being replaced is no longer available, you will receive a replacement phone of like kind, quality, and/or cost.

What should I do if I find my phone after I have replaced it?

Please return the found handset to your nearest full service Cricket location.