Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Cricket will not accept my meid.

I have a motorola photon, and have flashed it to cricket. I called cricket to do an esn swap (also tried activating a new line) and they told me that my meid is not approved for the market I am in. Also tried the mycricket website, no go. Will the phone activation service on this forum fix that? or is their a workaround of some sort? Here I thought all I had to do was flash the phone and everything would be good.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by joshyouah View Post
    I have a motorola photon, and have flashed it to cricket. I called cricket to do an esn swap (also tried activating a new line) and they told me that my meid is not approved for the market I am in. Also tried the mycricket website, no go. Will the phone activation service on this forum fix that? or is their a workaround of some sort? Here I thought all I had to do was flash the phone and everything would be good.
    You might be in a tri band area or have a Paygo account.

What's your zip code and what type of account do you have?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

80907 and it is a paygo. Is there another option?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by joshyouah View Post
    80907 and it is a paygo. Is there another option?
    It looks like you qualify for normal Cricket accounts in your area. The easiest way would be to go with the Android plan. You might be able to get it on Paygo, but getting Internet will involve more steps. You can contact me on the live chat if you see me around. Just explain your situation so I don't tell you to go look in the forum immediately :-).
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thank you for the info. I was told by cs reps that my meid would not work in my market regardless of plan. does this mean If i activate it through this site I can get it on an android plan?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

We can only add lines to existing Cricket accounts. Sorry.

If you send me the MEID (PM), I'll have a dealer check if there would be anything keeping you from putting it on a normal account.

Pretty sure there are a lot of people in your area with flashed phones.

Thank you , pm sent. the meid comes up clean on
    CheckESNFree.com - The worlds only free instant online ESN checker!

so I'm stumped.

Im in the same boat as him. I am trying to activate my Evo and am getting the same response from them. My ESN checks out clean as well....and I know from looking on the coverage map that I'm in a great area.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
    Im in the same boat as him. I am trying to activate my Evo and am getting the same response from them. My ESN checks out clean as well....and I know from looking on the coverage map that I'm in a great area.
    Aren't you in a part of VA that only offers Paygo though?

Well apparently its not the area, its the entire state.....you guys can look up my zip code 23692. My area coverage is great

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
    Well apparently its not the area, its the entire state.....you guys can look up my zip code 23692. My area coverage is great
    Unfortunately coverage is not the only thing that governs whether or not you can use a flashed phone on a Cricket account. Your area is Paygo only. They will not allow flashed phones on the account. If you could obtain a normal Cricket prepaid account, you could use a flashed phone.

Everyone who is curious about this, visit
    Cell Phones | Prepaid Phone Plans | Android Plans | Cricket Wireless

and enter your zip code. If only two phones pop up, you're in a Paygo area. Sorry.

Cricket can only operate as an MVNO in this area. That is why they only push Paygo phones. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So i think i am in the same boat... i live around dallas tx 76063.. and flashed two evo 3d but cricket wont switch the. With the two zte scores i have on my muve $55 paygo accounts. Do i have any way two get the pbones switchex over? Maybe as a supporting member i would be able to get this done here.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It has to deal with Dallas not being one of Cricket's home markets. The Paygo in that area is not likely to accept a foreign MEID. Hopefully in the future they will be able to expand. There are so many areas where people want to get flashed phones.

If you were in an area where you could get a normal Cricket account you'd probably be good to go.

this may be a stupid question but is it possible to copy my meid from my zte score to my evo 3d so that it can be activated in my area.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Possible, yes... Legal, most likely not. We do not discuss techniques on how to do this here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information