Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Cricket Will Soon Be SOLD Nationwide!

Currently, Cricket Wireless is only available in certain areas. You use Cricket's towers in those areas, and when you travel you're roaming on another provider. You can roam on Sprint's network for free, along with other networks such as MetroPCS. For a fee, you can roam on Verizon Wireless.

In the future, Cricket Wireless will also be an MVNO of Sprint, which means they can sell service in areas where Cricket doesn't have their own towers. This will help Cricket to get their name known nationwide.

Cricket Communications Inks MVNO Deal with Sprint Nextel

What about Cricket's agreement with Lightsquared? How is that going to work if Cricket's an MVNO of Sprint? Take part in that discussion here: http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...htsquared.html

Do you think Sprint is going to allow Cricket users to flash phones even if Cricket's an MVNO of Sprint? Take part in that discussion here: http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...ed-phones.html

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Currently, Cricket Wireless is only available in certain areas. You use Cricket's towers in those areas, and when you travel you're roaming on another provider. You can roam on Sprint's network for free, along with other networks such as MetroPCS. For a fee, you can roam on Verizon Wireless.

In the future, Cricket Wireless will also be an MVNO of Sprint, which means they can sell service in areas where Cricket doesn't have their own towers. This will help Cricket to get their name known nationwide.

What about Cricket's agreement with Lightsquared? How is that going to work if Cricket's an MVNO of Sprint? Take part in that discussion here: http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...htsquared.html

Do you think Sprint is going to allow Cricket users to flash phones even if Cricket's an MVNO of Sprint? Take part in that discussion here: http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...ed-phones.html
    But when????!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cellphonefreak View Post
    But when????!!!!!
    We don't know yet. Sign up for our mailing list and you will receive information when we get it.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

How old is this press release? This isn't happening anytime soon and when it does it will be PAYGo first. This is straight from the mouth of the CEO Doug Hutcheson.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    How old is this press release? This isn't happening anytime soon and when it does it will be PAYGo first. This is straight from the mouth of the CEO Doug Hutcheson.
    The last I heard, it will probably be at the end of this year.

So where is the place where the CEO said this? Paygo would be ok too.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

So where is the place where the CEO said this? Paygo would be ok too.
    We were actually at lunch in Las Vegas. It wasn't a recorded conversation or a press release. We were having lunch and discussing the future expansion of Paygo. March of 2010 if memory serves.
    No Doug is not my friend. I used to work for Cricket in Las Vegas and he was in town for a market visit. The high ranking folks in the market had lunch with him. Paygo was my thing at the time and that was his answer to my question about the future of paygo.

We were actually at lunch in Las Vegas. It wasn't a recorded conversation or a press release. We were having lunch and discussing the future expansion of Paygo. March of 2010 if memory serves.
    No Doug is not my friend. I used to work for Cricket in Las Vegas and he was in town for a market visit. The high ranking folks in the market had lunch with him. Paygo was my thing at the time and that was his answer to my question about the future of paygo.
    Bummer. And it has been over a year since the lunch--not very promising is it?

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    The last I heard, it will probably be at the end of this year.

I received a callback from a lady at Leap Wireless and she confirmed the end of the year mvno thing--she said they would probably put out a press release about it in Oct. or Nov. and she put my email on a list to receive their press releases. She also said this program would start out with a few handsets, probably 1 android, and then up from there. When I asked about the Glory it sounded like it probably would not be in there but maybe something like the ascend I am thinking?? I am very excited about it since it is not that long until November.

I received a callback from a lady at Leap Wireless and she confirmed the end of the year mvno thing--she said they would probably put out a press release about it in Oct. or Nov. and she put my email on a list to receive their press releases. She also said this program would start out with a few handsets, probably 1 android, and then up from there. When I asked about the Glory it sounded like it probably would not be in there but maybe something like the ascend I am thinking?? I am very excited about it since it is not that long until November.
    That's great news! Thanks for posting.

So, I'm guessing flashed phones would still be allowed then, but you will probably need to be in a Cricket market to activate them. I'm guessing they won't allow people to activate flashed phones in areas that Cricket doesn't have their own towers. The main reason why I'm thinking this is because the Glory might not be on the nationwide list. I guess they want to keep more basic phones and not get too ahead of Sprint themselves or Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile. So, maybe the Glory will be allowed nationwide a few months after the Motorola Triumph is out and Virgin Mobile is working on their next handset. That way Cricket is a step behind. That's my guess.

Thanks again for posting! This is exciting.

Well, here it is! http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...ationwide.html

I'm guessing there will be an Android device out by the end of the year.

Thread Information