Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

Yea but they will not take our quality flashed phones of course, must be a Cricket Branded phone-----so all of us who have a real nice fully flashed phone and maybe rooted in some cases are just simply out of luck-----

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

eBay, or switch carriers. I'm selling off all of my old CDMA phones this week. From the look of the auctions so far, I won't make what I paid for them. But that's just how my luck goes. What other CDMA BYOP (bring your own phone) carriers are there?

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by ger1986 View Post
    Yea but they will not take our quality flashed phones of course, must be a Cricket Branded phone-----so all of us who have a real nice fully flashed phone and maybe rooted in some cases are just simply out of luck-----
    the current trade-in program in cricket stores will take any phone as a trade-in for $$$ off a new device. ANY PHONE. right now the best thing i would suggest to do is wait until the s5 comes with it's GSM LTE. and trade in what you got. it shouldn't be more than a month or two

Quote Originally Posted by rsdin559 View Post
    eBay, or switch carriers. I'm selling off all of my old CDMA phones this week. From the look of the auctions so far, I won't make what I paid for them. But that's just how my luck goes. What other CDMA BYOP (bring your own phone) carriers are there?
    rumors is that Cricket will accept unlocked GSM devices. the only other CDMA "BYOD" bring your own device carrier i can think of right now is pageplus.

Cricket Wireless News - Cricket Wireless to End CDMA Service in March 2015
    thanks chris for addressing some of these issue

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

I'll go with S5 GSM when I know its rootable or a rootoid is found or a roottack is known.

sent from the future.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Yeah no problem. To remain competitive, I believe the "new Cricket" will keep its rates pretty low. They don't want the prepaid side of AT&T to tank.

I am waiting to see the final changes so I can move forward with the site.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2014 Cricket Wireless. A 2014 Cricket Wireless LLC. All rights reservedll rights reserve

Last edited by santo; 04-07-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Please post facts of when you heard this "exact" date of CDMA closure? I have read all the FCC documents, which say they "HOPE" to shut it down in 12 to 18 months, no specifics.

It's starting to annoy the F*** out of me that everyone posts this but no one can back it up!

Also, per the FCC documents they are supposed to be offering "substantial trade-in amounts".

As for whether this is for good or bad I don't know. Honestly I'm concerned about the lifeline credits and having to get a new phone is just going to piss me off.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

The date for termination of the CDMA network is "as early as" March 2015 from documents published by Cricket Wireless which were shared on the Internet and taken down. I'm sure there are dealers which have received those documents and could verify... That is if it didn't threaten their business to disclose official insider documents.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodriguez View Post
    The date for termination of the CDMA network is "as early as" March 2015 from documents published by Cricket Wireless which were shared on the Internet and taken down. I'm sure there are dealers which have received those documents and could verify... That is if it didn't threaten their business to disclose official insider documents.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
    You just made my point for me. "AS EARLY AS" does not me it will shut down in March 2015, that is the earliest AT&T (in FCC documents) has said they will shut it down, 12 months. They didn't say it would happen in 12 months though, they said they "Hope" to have the transition completed in 12 to 18 months, keyword "HOPE".

Until June (hopefully sooner) no one will have the actual estimated date, now that AT&T is starting to do that math and being able to look at cricket direct company information.

Stating "it will shut down on xxx date" and attempting to make it a statement of fact is completely different.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Just to add, I'm not disputing that the network is shutting down. Giving the "earliest date" as a fact date though is freaking people out. I'm seeing it all over the web. AT&T hasn't even solidified how they are going to progess with this merger and won't release that information until the end of the second quarter (june).

Also, from everything I can tell "ANY" unlocked GSM phone or LTE phone that supports GSM should work on the new cricket (i.e. most of the LTE cdma phones should work, but no promises on the LTE side).

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I should have used as early as in the title. In the video, it just reflects the date stated by Cricket. Also uses a ~ in the title. Anyways...

Per Cricket's page they are warning that everything might be done as early as March 2015. I just had to get to a computer to double check a few sources.

"Cricket is upgrading its CDMA network to 4G GSM and expects to stop offering CDMA wireless service as early as March 2015. THIS CDMA PHONE WILL NO LONGER WORK ON OUR WIRELESS NETWORK AFTER WE COMPLETE THIS UPGRADE."

This is still almost a year from now, and I'd expect most people to be ready to move on to another phone by then. Granted your existing phone won't have as much value as it would have if Cricket stayed CDMA. Then again, would Cricket have made it much further without being bought out by one of the bigger companies?

We've already looked into the specs of a few devices like the S4. It's unfortunate that out of all devices, it doesn't appear to support the GSM frequencies required to operate normally on AT&T's network.

LTE

(4G)

Lower 700 (regional carriers) / band 12 USA

Cellular / band 5 (V) Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel

AWS / band 4 (IV) Americas

PCS / band 2 (II) Americas

CDMA

(2G / 3G)

Cellular / BC0 Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel

AWS / BC15 Americas

PCS / BC1 Americas

Only U.S. Cellular version has LTE 700 and 850

That's from Phone Scoop and Samsung basically says the same. Unless they were instructed by the carrier not to disclose other specifications, it looks like this is it. The radio used the US Cellular and and Cricket versions could be different from Verizon and MetroPCS. It's been that way in the past. Could they be upgraded via firmware? Well maybe. I don't work on phones. I seriously think it's within the realm of possibility since LTE is a GSM technology to begin with.

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

The S4 from Verizon does and will run on AT&T (minus LTE). As a matter of fact the CDMA phones from Samsung all use the same chips and radios, and if they contain a GSM radio samsung places the same one in each phone.

The difference, as you pointed out, is firmware. And so far even in the LTE area it's being controlled by Firmware.

Hopefully we will see something completely new come about and instead of custom roms we will start seeing custom firmware, or maybe a combination there of.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

What concerns me about this change is in the documents they are basically going to leave customers as myself, who are on disability and take advantage of lifeline to keep a smartphone (monthly cost), out in the cold.

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7521064550

If I'm reading that wrong, let me know. But we will either be forced to pay more or switch carriers to someone like T-Mobile. Unfortunately I live in Boise, ID and have family in McCall, ID. T-Mobile offers "NO" Service in McCall, ID, not even roaming.

Last edited by gsdreams; 04-16-2014 at 01:11 AM.

lets face it we lose out... even if they offer substantial discounts... what is substantial to one user may not be substantial to another. I dont think we should have have to pay one commie mother f'n cent for a replacement phone. I have an HTC One SV root with TWRP. I want a FREE phone that is similar such as the S4 or S5 or Iphone 5S for free or i just may switch to T-mobile's Metro PCS just to tick off ATT

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
    lets face it we lose out... even if they offer substantial discounts... what is substantial to one user may not be substantial to another. I dont think we should have have to pay one commie mother f'n cent for a replacement phone. I have an HTC One SV root with TWRP. I want a FREE phone that is similar such as the S4 or S5 or Iphone 5S for free or i just may switch to T-mobile's Metro PCS just to tick off ATT
    I have no problem with your complaint, but I've run businesses and I understand business.

You shouldn't be asking for a better phone than you have, but an equivalent. You should be asking for an S3 or an HTC One that works on AT&T. That is reasonable.

Besides that, in 12 months that phone is going to be 2 1/2 year old technology. The credit they give you at that time might be enough to get an S4, which will be old technology.

Overall activity: 17.0%

I cannot believe this.

We all knew that purchasing a phone outright to use with Cricket would be a gamble on the hardware (the hardware is ours, the risk is ours), but at no point was there ever a consideration that the COMPANY would destroy our phones, and extort money out of us just to maintain what we've already paid for...

Is there a class action lawsuit on this?

I cannot believe that they would "offer" me a trade-in value of $150 on my Galaxy S4, just for the PRIVELEGE of buying a Galaxy S4 for $499. This is robbery!

If they're going to obsolete our devices, they need to give us the equivalent GSM models at no cost to us. I'm not interested in a "trade-in value", but the hardware. The financial burden cannot fall on us.

There MUST be a lawsuit for this, or a petition, or some form of recourse for those of us that are having our money stolen from us during this merger.

Quote Originally Posted by michaave View Post
    I cannot believe this.

We all knew that purchasing a phone outright to use with Cricket would be a gamble on the hardware (the hardware is ours, the risk is ours), but at no point was there ever a consideration that the COMPANY would destroy our phones, and extort money out of us just to maintain what we've already paid for...

Is there a class action lawsuit on this?

I cannot believe that they would "offer" me a trade-in value of $150 on my Galaxy S4, just for the PRIVELEGE of buying a Galaxy S4 for $499. This is robbery!

If they're going to obsolete our devices, they need to give us the equivalent GSM models at no cost to us. I'm not interested in a "trade-in value", but the hardware. The financial burden cannot fall on us.

There MUST be a lawsuit for this, or a petition, or some form of recourse for those of us that are having our money stolen from us during this merger.
    You've got to be kidding, good luck in your venture. If they shut down CDMA at the moment of transfer you may have a leg to stand on. The time given, 12 - 18 month's befor shutdown is plenty of time. Most people would have changed phones by then anyway, possibly more than once.

There's nothing wrong with your device it will still work on a CDMA network just not cricket after CDMA is turned off.

I can't believe you've never heard of a large phone company buying a smaller one, it happens and a majority of the customers have no problem with it.

I would bet by the time it happens we would be looking at the S7 or S8 as often as they are coming out with new models. I would imagine that you wouldn't expect to get your money's worth for your phone when you upgraded it if the buyout didn't happen.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information