Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Cricket Wireless' First Tablet

Cricket Enhances its Device Portfolio with the Launch of its First Tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1

~ Popular Wi-Fi Enabled Tablet Available for $499.99 or Bundled with a Cricket Crosswave mobile broadband device for $594.99

~ ~ Available Beginning Friday, December 16th at Cricket Company-Owned Stores

SAN DIEGO, Dec. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Cricket Communications, Inc., a leading provider of innovative and value-driven wireless services and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leap Wireless International, Inc. (NASDAQ:
    LEAP

) today announced that the Wi-Fi enabledSamsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 will be available Friday, December 16, 2011 in Cricket company-owned stores. The slim and sleek Galaxy Tab 10.1 features Android™ 3.1 Honeycomb, 16GB of internal storage and will be available in Metallic Gray.

(Logo:
    http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20111103/LA98784LOGO-c

)

"We're excited to introduce tablets to our Cricket customers," said Matt Stoiber, senior vice president, devices for Cricket. "Our customers are finding new ways to incorporate devices into their active mobile lifestyle to stay connected, engaged and entertained and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is a great device to help them do all those things."
    The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Android 3.1 Honeycomb brings access to more than 250,000 apps through the Android Market™ and offers full support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™ and more. Customers will relish the 10.1-inch enhanced display with a 1280x800 resolution HD screen, 1 GHz dual core application processor, a 2-megapixel front-facing camera and a 3-megapixel rear-facing camera. Both consumers and business customers will find a multitude of uses for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 that range from video chat to business tools, including those that allow for the opening and editing of documents, spreadsheets and presentations. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 features Adobe® Flash® Player to deliver an enhanced Internet browsing experience and access to content-rich Websites.
    The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be available from Cricket for $499.99 MSRP. Cricket is also offering the Galaxy Tab 10.1 as part of a special bundle which includes the Crosswave, Cricket's dual mode DO/Wi-Fi device and a first month of Cricket broadband service, all for $594.99 The Cricket Crosswave creates an instant mobile hotspot so customers can get internet access on the go and support multiple Wi-Fi devices. The Crosswave is available on
    Cricket's broadband plans

that range from $45 to $65 per month per plan. The Cricket Crosswave and
    tethering

-enabled
    Cricket Smartphones

may be used to connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab to the internet over Cricket's 3G network.

For more information about Cricket's dynamic device lineup, please visit
    www.mycricket.com

. To follow Cricket's latest news and updates online, go to Facebook at www.facebook.com/cricketwireless and Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/cricketnation.

Source:
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...135568728.html

Last edited by avenue; 12-14-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    Cricket Users' Free Android App - Read, post, and more from your Android device!

Find a phone to flash to Cricket!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

It's nice to see Cricket offering tablets, but I'm surprised they went with one that is that expensive. At first they were supposed to launch a cheaper one, but then they cancelled the plans to do that. I figured they were going to wait and offer a tablet with cellular built-in, but it looks like they're still doing the bundling thing (with the Crosswave).

It's nice to see they're trying something else though.

Dealers: Are you going to have this in your stores?

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

More proof of the disconnect between Cricket's leadership and their customer base.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Yawn......
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieKDealer View Post
    More proof of the disconnect between Cricket's leadership and their customer base.
    You can say that again....

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    It's nice to see Cricket offering tablets, but I'm surprised they went with one that is that expensive. At first they were supposed to launch a cheaper one, but then they cancelled the plans to do that. I figured they were going to wait and offer a tablet with cellular built-in, but it looks like they're still doing the bundling thing (with the Crosswave).

It's nice to see they're trying something else though.

Dealers: Are you going to have this in your stores?
    NO! They are only available in company owned stores.... Thankfully! I would hate to have to lay out that much money for a tablet with a retail of 499.99 when I can't sell an Indulge at 329.99!

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    You can say that again....

NO! They are only available in company owned stores.... Thankfully! I would hate to have to lay out that much money for a tablet with a retail of 499.99 when I can't sell an Indulge at 329.99!
    If Cricket did allow dealers to have it, would you be "required" to purchase it for your store? Do you need to offer every phone Cricket has or can you pick and choose which you want to sell in your store?

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    If Cricket did allow dealers to have it, would you be "required" to purchase it for your store? Do you need to offer every phone Cricket has or can you pick and choose which you want to sell in your store?
    Yes, we would be "required" to carry it in our stores. Every Cricket contract "Requires" dealers to carry at least 1 of every model phone or product. Especially if you are a premier dealer. Now, there are times when we "are sold out" of a model....

Yes, we would be "required" to carry it in our stores. Every Cricket contract "Requires" dealers to carry at least 1 of every model phone or product. Especially if you are a premier dealer. Now, there are times when we "are sold out" of a model....
    Alright, I understand. Thanks for the information.

That is ridiculous. People are bargain shoping at cricket. This is why they pay the cheaper price over verizon or sprint. Loyalty only goes so far i seen it while running my store in the past. They will go to verizon or sprint and get it there for cheaper, break the contract and come to me to flash it over to cricket. Sure im happy to take their money but cricket will never win selling it that much.

Wake up cricket, there are cheaper models out there with built in 3/4g. Another failed attempt, they better get this 4g rolling iv lost a lot of customers due to that also.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by daxjuggalo View Post
    That is ridiculous. People are bargain shoping at cricket. This is why they pay the cheaper price over verizon or sprint. Loyalty only goes so far i seen it while running my store in the past. They will go to verizon or sprint and get it there for cheaper, break the contract and come to me to flash it over to cricket. Sure im happy to take their money but cricket will never win selling it that much.

Wake up cricket, there are cheaper models out there with built in 3/4g. Another failed attempt, they better get this 4g rolling iv lost a lot of customers due to that also.
    The tablet Cricket is offering is WI-FI only.... They are offering it paired with the Crosswave if so desired.... There is no flashing it over to Cricket: It does not contain a cellular radio....

The tablet Cricket is offering is WI-FI only.... They are offering it paired with the Crosswave if so desired.... There is no flashing it over to Cricket: It does not contain a cellular radio....
    I think the member above was referring to flashing Verizon or Sprint tablets.

I really think cricket should have gotten one with built in 3G. Huawei probably would have made one. I know a while back Cricket was supposed to be getting a Viewsonic tablet with the Crosswave and ended up cancelling those plans. I was hoping they canceled it so they could bring one with built in 3G but I guess not.

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    Phone
    Evo 4G

Any more info on these items?

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Would be nice if the new Huawei Tablet was released to cricket with an entry level price similar to the Kindle Fire. Seems like a pretty good tablet imo.

Thread Information