Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Gxrxd View Post
    Do you use the wifi hot spot? And do you pay the $10 fee?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk
    I was thinking about it. But no I didnt

2. Remove this advertisement.

Activated the tethering add on for the ADR all in 55 plan (the one cricket androids are REQUIRED to use btw, cricket refuses to switch me to the 45 a month plan) and it opened up a usage history area of my account. Turns out I hadn't even touched 1gb but one month before I started tethering. Decembers usage? Over 5gb. And over 1 gig so far this month...explains the 28.8 speeds. Also put a new PRL on my phone I believe, 45549 when it used to be 46800 (might have that last number wrong). Also, the market CRAWLS when downloading now.

Quote Originally Posted by SunBee View Post
    Activated the tethering add on for the ADR all in 55 plan (the one cricket androids are REQUIRED to use btw, cricket refuses to switch me to the 45 a month plan) and it opened up a usage history area of my account. Turns out I hadn't even touched 1gb but one month before I started tethering. Decembers usage? Over 5gb. And over 1 gig so far this month...explains the 28.8 speeds. Also put a new PRL on my phone I believe, 45549 when it used to be 46800 (might have that last number wrong). Also, the market CRAWLS when downloading now.
    Why downgrade prls?

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Why downgrade prls?

Larger number doesn't always mean newer or better with PRL's. They're weird like that.

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Sanyo Zio

I just got blocked today

Friday the 13th and they blocked me from being able to tether! I'm on my rooted Zio with openZio v2.1.2 and I tried to tether my phone with wifi today and **** BLOCK!

Ok just had my web redirected to the cricket page saying I'm tethering.only problem is I'm not tethered.in fact I haven't tethered my phone since I activated my acct because my dl speeds suck.however their detecting tethering is faulty.using a flashed EVO with inayushas custom Rom.anyone else have a problem with this?if I can't even use my phone as its designed to be used then I'm finding a new carrier.

Overall activity: 4.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury Ice

I got redirected to a page saying I'm tethering on my phone, my husband also got redirected on his phone we are both using Huawei ascend 1, we aren't tethering so what gives?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Elovich View Post
    I got redirected to a page saying I'm tethering on my phone, my husband also got redirected on his phone we are both using Huawei ascend 1, we aren't tethering so what gives?
    You should have someone check out your account. I'd definitely get in contact with Cricket. One of our dealers could take a look and see what they can find.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy76 View Post
    Ok just had my web redirected to the cricket page saying I'm tethering.only problem is I'm not tethered.in fact I haven't tethered my phone since I activated my acct because my dl speeds suck.however their detecting tethering is faulty.using a flashed EVO with inayushas custom Rom.anyone else have a problem with this?if I can't even use my phone as its designed to be used then I'm finding a new carrier.

What proxy method are you using, or are you on the Android plan?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    huawei ascend

I have not tethered yet!!!! So idk if they can block me lol

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Not using a proxy,I'm on the Android plan.I'm wondering if its because my WiFi was turned on even though it wasn't connected.my guess is there somehow reading the phone state and if your WiFi is on and your browser is open they send you to the tethering page.

I just started getting the tethering page at about 2am this morning. I've been doing it since about a week after I got the phone using the built in usb tether, but mainly only for things like online software activations and other things I can't do from the phone.

Happened to be browsing through WinCustomize (way too sluggish and buggy to browse on the phone, regardless of browser) this morning and got it. Looks like they finally got around to blocking it in the Phoenix area.

On the good side, the block seems to have fixed the speed issues we've been having on all three of our phones.

Cricket still owes me an extra 650mb of unthrottled data since they throttled me from the minute I got the phone reactivated on the 13th of this month. Not too happy about that.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend II (M865) using Tapatalk

I was tethering a couple days ago without a problem. I didn't try it out today though.

I wonder why it is taking them so long to block everyone.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I was tethering a couple days ago without a problem. I didn't try it out today though.

I wonder why it is taking them so long to block everyone.

I think it has to do with the amount of Data/Number of connections you use simultaneously. That would be an easy script to write/implement
    I never ran more than 1 machine and limited the amount of data/hour and rarely had an issue

I just decided OK! and opted in with another Broadband ISP; and dragged out the WiFi cards and/or Cat5 cables and other hardware for my (PC) machines. My partner and I split the cost of a $40/ month BroadBand account (between us we have...well lots of hardware), and the speed puts tethering even one machine to shame! I may tether occasionally when situations with a laptop requires (getting around the "Tether Monster" isn't that tough; they tell you how!!!!)

If you aren't tethering how did you get the "tether monster" on your PC????
    Last edited by Sport; 01-26-2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: @ above posts; just thinking...

I have the Huawei Mercury and have been bothered by the Tether monster! I think I found away around it tho. First go to
    http://www.mobilestream.com/easytether/drivers.html

and download the correct drivers for your pc. Then download a app Called Easytether from the market you have to buy the full version. Then
    1. Visit the
      www.useragentstring.com

from your smartphone and carefully write down the user agent string in some text file on your computer.
    2. Change the default user agent string in the web browser on your computer to the string from your smartphone:
    3. Internet Explorer Download the free IE add-on called UAPick to your computer, install it, restart IE, click Tools → Set UA String, paste the saved user agent string, set the "Reuse this UA string for new windows" check, then click Save Changes.
    Go into your phones settings and turn on USB Debugging (make sure to do this first!). Open up the app and run the Setup wizard. Click copy to computer when it asks for the computer setup part ( it wants to show you how to install the drivers but you done did this). Plug in your phone Via Usb and click a bunch of nexts til you get to the end and click finish. You should now have a connection. Your pc will just say Network internet connection. I had to go into the Internet Options under the advanced tab and at the bottom make sure all the Use SSL and TLS options are checked then Bam I got Usb Tethering. Some Https sites dont work but you get sites like facebook youtube and all Http sites perfectly. Maybe slow but it is a 3g connection =)

Last edited by vincelozano; 02-02-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

So I tried to install wifi tether on a Droid 2 on VERIZON today. No luck with that or Barnacle. Verizon is blocking tethering on some devices also. Always a work around, but I think this one involves Radiocomm.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information