Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    So I tried to install wifi tether on a Droid 2 on VERIZON today. No luck with that or Barnacle. Verizon is blocking tethering on some devices also. Always a work around, but I think this one involves Radiocomm.
    The method I posted should work with any carrier

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by vincelozano View Post
    The method I posted should work with any carrier
    I was trying to help someone tether an Asus Transformer they had purchased from me.... :-(
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

I'm having an issue with the network taking me to the tethering page when I'm not tethering. It seems to happen completely randomly, but when it starts I have to reboot before I can use the browser again. If there any way to prevent this? I don't like calling support because I probably know more than they do, I have a flashed phone (Epic 4G) and they're never much help with phones from other carriers.
    Last edited by Hesster; 02-07-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Overall activity: 12.0%

OK, tethering is possible without paying $10 fee per month. I only know for windows machines that you have to change the DefaultTTL value in the registry and reboot your machine.

If your phone is loading the tether page from cricket then a simple delete of the browsers cache/history on the phone will cure that.

This has all worked for me.

If anyone else can verify my findings please post

I will definately let you know if I get blocked and if that method works for clearing the cache and such and such.... I usually root peoples phones that aren't on cricket. Once I flash them to Cricket my job is done, unless you do root and flash and then I only charge like 50 dollars to do both . rom would be 65 but most of my jobs are just 35, now with esn changes HEH HEH!!!

I'm thinking about starting a sideline buisness of flashing/rooting/ron change. Got a friend able to print me buisness cards and a retail location willing to hand them out along with flyers. Just not sure of what 2 charge for the services. Wont due an esn change due to legal issues

Overall activity: 2.0%

I have the zte x500, started tethering with the Quick Settings App to turn my phone into a wifi hot spot. then I began to get Cricket blocks on my laptop. so then I used a trial version of Tether from Tether.com and that worked for 5-6 days. then I purchased Easy Tether Pro App and that has never worked. I always get the Cricket block when I try to go online on my laptop. I went ahead and purchased Tether for $30 and it seems to try to work, but Tether keeps getting a lost connection. I used UAPick to change string agent, but I still get the Cricket Block. PLZ HELP!!! I'm a single mom, laid off, student. Otherwise I'd just go buy a modem and pay for service. Oh, I'm an ONLINE student, so, yeah....I NEED TO TETHER!!!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Raymond, the dude that posted above u, says that you can change the default ttl but I have tried a list of different numbers but nothing works. I think this is how they see people are thething
    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 2.0%

Okay, I'm not sure if this helped, because I didn't test it before I tried PDANet, but This is what I have done so far, and so far, so good (btw, the following in quotes I got from a link posted somewhere in here, the bold larger font is what I actually did):

"TTL modification to cloak tethered packets - let's make them work harder to catch us.

I know this has been discussed that AT&T is most likely keying on the fact that the TTL on packets coming through the iPhone router have an unexpected TTL (63 for OSX/iOS, 127 for Windows) to detect tethering. When they reach ATT's node packets should always have ttl=64 so we can get around this on a client by client bases by setting the TTL on each one to 65. This of course makes it where when the first hop to the phone occurs the packet ttl is decremented to the expected 64.

On OS X clients the TTL can be set appropriately by pasting the following in terminal:

sudo sysctl -w net.inet.ip.ttl=65

To modify the default TTL in Windows, do the following:

Click on Start and Run (or Search) and type "regedit" to open the Windows registry editor.
    Navigate to the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters]
    In the right-hand pane, right-click and select "New - DWORD (32-bit value)" and set its name to "DefaultTTL" and its value to 65
    - I make no guarantees this does not adversely affect your Windows box

I have not researched how to modify this on the iOS side (for my iPad) because if I mess with anything in iOS I want it to be a more robust hack than just changing this on EVERY freaking device I connect to my network, it's just my luck some jerk would connect to MyWi and send some data and I get busted.

So now to the point of the thread. I have seen Linux scripts that set ALL traffic routed though a device to a certain value - I want this on my iPhone. Basically I just want to hard code the TTL on ALL packets that leave the phone - regardless of what it was at the source. I don't know what to start with that though so I thought I'd share with the brain trust here and see what we can come up with. At the end of the day I bet we could sell our TetherCloak on Cydia for at least a dollar"

Then I researched some more and found this:
    Download PDAnet For Android + Crack Torrent - KickassTorrents

So far this is working. I'll keep you updated!

Cool Got a link to that 45549prl?

"Also put a new PRL on my phone I believe, 45549 when it used to be 46800 (might have that last number wrong)"
    Maybe I'm posting this in the wrong place but if you could supply me a link to that Portland prl I'd appreciate it. I'm flashing a Evo 4g over to Crikt and can't find a decent prl. Thanks, the Raymundo
    Last edited by raygen88; 03-19-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Welcome to the forum. You are in the wrong place though...

http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...rl-thread.html
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Ok all this thread is not dead. Sorry i been busy with personal life but will post a tutorial with picks and info later this evening

I will test with Ascend 2, non rooted running 2.3.6 stock
    @chris
    I'll msg you the info first to confirm my findings

Overall activity: 1.0%

Oh i hate that it happened to me a couple of times at times it would work and at other times it wouldn't

I did change the default ttl settings but i still had the same result i got blocked however i also use a mac and it seems to tether for a while

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information