Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Angry Cricket is the WORST wireless carrier ever!!!

I unfortunately live 80 miles from any cricket store. Fort the past two weeks I've been trying to replace my damaged phone with a new one but no avail.

mycricket.com is a joke of the century. I login, choose a phone and try to compelete the transaction but it never completes. The spinning wheel will keep on going for a long time after clicking the submit button.

If I call their number, they want you to enter all the information about the account only to tell you to go to a nearest store to purchase/replace a phone. I tried the new customer trick, but the agent said she/he couldn't order me a new phone over the phone.

This is the worst wireless carrier in the country. I am surprised they manage to survive with their inefficient and antiquated customer service and online presense.

Is there anyway I can buy the cricket phone from a third party retailer and active it on my existing account? If so, who is selling cricket phones? I've been googling with no success.
    Last edited by pie8ter; 03-23-2013 at 12:45 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

While I agree with cricket (corporate/web) being idiotic a lot of the time, they DO allow a lot of 3rd party interaction. I went to a used phone store (cricket + others reseller), bought an HTC EVO 4g (not even a cricket phone, but it IS cdmi, and thus compatible with cricket's network---that is to say sprint's network), had it flashed to cricket, and gotta say, made all the difference in the world. Where I had crap reception on the cricket phones, I now have 3-5 bars all the time, and a phone that just works. Check with the used phone stores...there are some very inexpensive alternatives out there.

Also, if you are having problems with the cricket website, try another browser. On chrome their site does the spinning wheel of eternity, but when I try the same thing via firefox, it does work. just fyi.
    Last edited by Caseyjp; 03-23-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Unfortunately I have heard the horror stories about replacing phones. My advice to you would be to ask for a supervisor when you call. You may beplaced on hold for a while, but eventually you will get someone that can and most likely will help you. They may require you to send your phone first or within a certain amount of time after receipt of the new phone however. As I see this is your first post, I would assume you're new to the site and haven't done much looking around.

Basically you can get any CDMA phone from eBay or Craigslist and flash it to Cricket. A lot of people can flash it and possibly someone might be charitable and do it free depending on the type of phone (I've done it for a couple people near me) or depending on the type of phone, there may be a guide here on the site.

I have some questions. I'm not a Cricket employee but I might be able to get you on the right track.

1. What kind of phone do you have?
    2. Did you have insurance on it?
    3. What plan are you on?
    4. How long have you been a Cricket customer? (this may not matter, but if you've been with Cricket a while you can possibly use the length of time you've been a customer as leverage)

Overall activity: 2.0%

make sure your not in a paygo area since the closest store is 80 miles away.

Customer Since
    Phone
    ZTE Z740G Sonata

stores

To my knowlage radioshack sells cricket mice music phones

Thread Information