Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Cricket's Muve Music Service vs. MetroPCS' Music Service

Now that MetroPCS is offering Rhapsody on their Android devices, you have a chocie.

What provider would you rather choose for your cell phone and music needs? Cricket or MetroPCS? Why would you choose that carrier?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

From what I hear, Muve doesn't have a lot of access to certain songs and albums. Rhapsody, on the other hand, has been around a while. I think if I had to choose, it would be Metro. Just because of the music though.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Quote Originally Posted by knewsom32 View Post
    From what I hear, Muve doesn't have a lot of access to certain songs and albums. Rhapsody, on the other hand, has been around a while. I think if I had to choose, it would be Metro. Just because of the music though.
    I agree. I think I would choose MetroPCS also because of Rhapsody. I don't know why Cricket thought they should start out on their own. Their a phone company, not a music company. Now they need to start getting deals with record companies from the beginning. Like you said, Rhapsody has been around for a while. They already have agreements with a lot of the record companies.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I'm not really into music (at all) but from wht I've seen muve has a huge selection of old and new music.. I think you guys should try it before giving opinions like this.. muve also offers the songs as ringtones and ringbacks free of charge.

Sent from my SCH-R915 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I'm not really into music (at all) but from wht I've seen muve has a huge selection of old and new music.. I think you guys should try it before giving opinions like this.. muve also offers the songs as ringtones and ringbacks free of charge.

Sent from my SCH-R915 using Tapatalk
    I'm disappointed that there isn't a search online so I can see what songs are available.

I do see people complaining on Facebook though.

I don't like the idea that you actually need to purchase the phone to see what songs are available.

I'm not going to lie Rhapsody is a better deal because u have access from computer to phone.. As Muve, it can't be portable.. Not accesss on Androids as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshix003 View Post
    I'm not going to lie Rhapsody is a better deal because u have access from computer to phone.. As Muve, it can't be portable.. Not accesss on Androids as of yet.
    Yeah, that too. You can listen on three devices AND three computers!!

Hi Knewsom32,

My name is Ryan and I work on behalf of Cricket Wireless and Muve Music. Muve Music has partnerships with all 4 major record labels (Universal, Sony, Warner and EMI). Metro’s Rhapsody service does NOT have Warner Music Group signed – and as a result is missing ~25% of the recorded music and many artist customers want to listen to (e.g. Bruno Mars, T.I., Wiz Khalifa, B.O.B, Kid Rock, Linkin Park, Zac Brown Band).

Best,
    Ryan on behalf of Cricket

Mobile Music | Unlimited Music Downloads | Muve Music | Cricket Wireless

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Thanks for chiming in Ryan. That's a lot of popular artists. It's nice that Cricket took the first step in this area and another company felt like they had to play catch up. Hopefully you guys can take the ball and run with this, always staying a step ahead of the rest.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I agree. I think I would choose MetroPCS also because of Rhapsody. I don't know why Cricket thought they should start out on their own. Their a phone company, not a music company. Now they need to start getting deals with record companies from the beginning. Like you said, Rhapsody has been around for a while. They already have agreements with a lot of the record companies.
    Hi Avenue

My name is Ryan and I work on behalf of Cricket Wireless and Muve Music. In fact, Muve Music has partnerships with all 4 major record labels (Universal, Sony, Warner and EMI) while Metro’s Rhapsody service does NOT have Warner Music Group signed – and as a result is missing ~25% of the recorded music and many artist customers want to listen to (e.g. Bruno Mars, T.I., Wiz Khalifa, B.O.B, Kid Rock, Linkin Park, Zac Brown Band).

Best,

I'm disappointed that there isn't a search online so I can see what songs are available.

I do see people complaining on Facebook though.

I don't like the idea that you actually need to purchase the phone to see what songs are available.
    Visitors to

have the ability to search for currently available artist in the music catalog. We are always looking to improve the online experience for customers searching for songs currently available on Muve Music. Once the intro video is finished, a "Browse Artist" tool will become available. We also feature new music, artists and exclusive music only available to Muve Music customers at
    Music Events | News in Music | Cricket Wireless

. Our most recent exclusive offer included 4 tracks from Game's upcoming album "The R.E.D. Album" available first to Muve Music customers before anyone else leading up to the August 23rd full album release.

Best,

Hey Yoshix003,

Muve Music was built from the ground up to deliver a superior music experience on the phone. The Muve Music experience is fully functional, simple and intuitive. It is undoubtedly best in class.

• Muve is pre-provisioned with your plan (no extra steps to get started)
    • Download service means your music is with you at all times
    • Fast downloads (10-20 seconds)
    • Holds 3k songs (can expand to hold 6k songs)
    • Very intuitive experience, easy for customers
    • Can download and listen to music simultaneously without any impact to the user experience

In contrast, Rhapsody’s service was built for a PC and ported to the phone as an app making Rhapsody’s mobile experience far less user friendly.

• Provisioning customers onto the Rhapsody Mobile service is a multi-step process (e.g. find service in app store, create Rhapsody account on the phone by entering email, create password). Multiple steps make it difficult for users
    • Rhapsody’s streaming/caching combo is complex for users…customers have to plan ahead to use their music offline (steps they don’t want to do)
    • Large Rhapsody files take a very long time to cache a song on the device over the wireless network (minutes vs seconds)
    • The phone has limited storage with such large files (may only hold a few hundred songs vs thousands)
    • Not intuitive user experience making it difficult to navigate.
    • When streaming to cache a song, it delays playback when the customer is trying to listen to a song at the same time. The entire experience slows down dramatically.

Lastly, downloading is a much better mobile music experience than streaming.

• The customer experience is much better with Muve’s download service. All Muve Music tracks live on the customer’s phone so you have all your music with you wherever you are, regardless of the network connection (e.g .on a plane, on the subway, sub optimal network connectivity)
    • Muve’s download experience is also optimized for efficient network utilization. Streaming services are very bad on a carrier’s network if a customer actually uses their music a lot
      • If Metro’s Rhapsody users listen to music as much as Cricket’s Muve customers do (e.g. listening 2-3 hrs/day) they will consume 3-5GB of data on Metro’s network
      • In contrast, similar usage with Muve Music only consumes 300-400 MB of data over Cricket’s 3G network (because data is only consumed at download then all the customer’s music is local on the phone)
      • In most market’s Metro’s Rhapsody customers will be using a 1X network. Speeds will be very slow. There will be considerable buffering prior to playback. Metro has already acknowledged network capacity issues even before adding the Rhapsody music service to its offering

This Fall will be the introduction of a new Muve Music Android smartphone that many fans are anticipating which will allow music lovers the access to not only unlimited songs, ringtones and ringback tones, but the ability to enjoy all the benefits a smartphone has to offer, including thousands of Android apps, email and more.

Best,

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 08-22-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks a lot Ryan! You put a lot of information in your post. I'm sure that will help helpful to many, including myself.

Thanks again!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

So your phone isn't portable? You may not be lying but youre not really making much of a point.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

The main difference I see is that Muve is NOT streaming, while rhapsody is. So no network connection, no music. Not really an issue I guess cause metro has service everywhere...oh wait.

With Muve your music is stored on the phone. Use it on an airplane, cruise ship, anywhere. Coverage or not Muve works. Rhapsody, not so much.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    The main difference I see is that Muve is NOT streaming, while rhapsody is. So no network connection, no music. Not really an issue I guess cause metro has service everywhere...oh wait.

With Muve your music is stored on the phone. Use it on an airplane, cruise ship, anywhere. Coverage or not Muve works. Rhapsody, not so much.
    You can download with Rhapsody. You can on the Android application. Isn't MetroPCS letting people download the Android application?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

You can download with Rhapsody. You can on the Android application. Isn't MetroPCS letting people download the Android application?
    Don't have any idea.

Thread Information