Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Current Cricket Wireless PAYGo Information (Both Regular and Nationwide, With FAQ)

For those of you who haven't noticed, PAYGo has been changing recently.

PAYGo is available in Cricket markets (where Cricket puts up their own towers), just like it has been, but has been updated with new plans. PAYGo is also available in Sprint markets (areas where Cricket doesn't have service). I'm going to refer to this as the "Cricket PAYGo" and the "Nationwide PAYGo" for now. This is because the "Cricket PAYGo" is for areas where Cricket has their own towers and the "Nationwide PAYGo" is the one available nationwide using Sprint's network. If you think of a better term, let me know.

First, we'll discuss the "Cricket PAYGo". This is PAYGo that is available in Cricket markets. There are currently three monthly minute plans and two daily plans.

Please note that all plans include Voicemail, Call-waiting, Caller ID, and 3-way Calling.

The first is: $25/month for 300 minutes, and unlimited messaging and web.

The second is: $35/month for 1,000 minutes, and unlimited messaging and web.

The third is: $55/month for 1,000 minutes, unlimited message, 500 MB of web, and unlimited Muve Music service.

The daily plans are as follows:

$1/day for unlimited local minutes, unlimited incoming messaging, and unlimited mobile web.

$2/day for unlimited U.S. minutes, unlimited messaging, unlimited mobile web, 411, and data backup.

Name:  101011paygoplanlocal.JPG
Views: 481
Size:  34.7 KB

Name:  101011paygoplanlocalday.JPG
Views: 454
Size:  24.8 KB

There are currently four phones available for the "Cricket PAYGo". They are the
    Cricket MSGM8 II

Samsung Stunt

Kyocera Domino

, and the Cricket
    CAPTR II

. It doesn't look like you can order online at this time.

Name:  cricketnationwidepaygophones.JPG
Views: 651
Size:  79.5 KB

Now we'll discuss the "Nationwide PAYGo". Please keep in mind this is Cricket's service, just using Sprint's network. Therefore, you're going by a different coverage map. If you type in your zip code
    here

it will show you the correct coverage map. There are currently three monthly minute plans. There aren't any daily plans available at this time.

The first is: $25/month for 300 minutes, and unlimited messaging and web.

The second is: $35/month for 1,000 minutes, and unlimited messaging and web.

The third is: $55/month for 1,000 minutes, unlimited messaging, 500 MB of web, and Muve Music, on an Android device.

Name:  nationwidepaygoplannew.JPG
Views: 481
Size:  47.0 KB

Name:  androidmuveplan.JPG
Views: 448
Size:  33.7 KB

There are more phones becoming available for the "Nationwide PAYGo". You can order the phones online or get some at Best Buy.

Name:  twonationwidepaygo.JPG
Views: 495
Size:  63.2 KB

Name:  onenationwidepaygochrono.JPG
Views: 451
Size:  30.6 KB

FAQ:

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...rvice-run.html

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...r-roaming.html

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...d-my-area.html

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...my-number.html

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...does-cost.html

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...rn-policy.html

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...processed.html

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...ugh-email.html

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...t-worries.html

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...ave-paygo.html

If you see anything that should be changed or have anything to add please feel free to reply to this thread.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cricketmarketpaygoplans.jpg   cricketnationwidepaygo.jpg   cricketnationwidepaygohuaweipillar.jpg  
    Last edited by avenue; 11-24-2011 at 04:25 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

these are amayzing improvements to paygo. they used to charge 25c for 24 hours data on the $1 plan.
    im thinking about going to the $35 plan tho so i can get messaging.

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    these are amayzing improvements to paygo. they used to charge 25c for 24 hours data on the $1 plan.
    im thinking about going to the $35 plan tho so i can get messaging.
    Don't forget you can't text using Google Voice. That might save you money since it goes over the data network.

Phone
    LG Optimus S

How often to I have to add money to the PayGo account? If I don't use it at all can 10$ last me a year.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by kastr0 View Post
    How often to I have to add money to the PayGo account? If I don't use it at all can 10$ last me a year.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.
    Unless they have made changes I've. Yet to find it works as follows

Add $1 - $14 you get one service day per dollar (ex: add $10 and you get 10 days to use the money)
    Add $15 - $30 you get 30 service days
    Add $31 - $45 you get 45 service days

This is the pattern as I was told and seem to hold true.
    The money and service days stack too. So I like to buy $15 top up cards to ensure that I have lots of service days stacked up.
    That way if I can't afford to get a top up that my account doesn't expire.
    A friend of mine uses paygo and buys 3 $15 top up cards at once at the end of the month when he gets paid and adds them to his account one after
    Another so he gets $45 on his account and 90 service days last I knew he had enough service days to keep his account active for 1.5 years

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

I was hope to get a phone and then switch it to the galaxy tab. Do think I can do this on paygo plan

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    I was hope to get a phone and then switch it to the galaxy tab. Do think I can do this on paygo plan

Very good question and I'd like to know myself.
    I know it works with Android phones but I'm not sure about tabs. I would image if you can get someone to do the esn change and get it on the account you'd be good.
    The thing with paygo is you have to do the proxy tunneling flash for android to get 3g
    Last edited by whitefiretiger; 11-21-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Phone
    3VO

I have try but I first have to buy the tab. Also am sure how the paygo works. This is how I think it works you use up ur minutes a u pay for more but if am wrong then u pay by month. It is still good and hope we can get it to work.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

I have try but I first have to buy the tab. Also am sure how the paygo works. This is how I think it works you use up ur minutes a u pay for more but if am wrong then u pay by month. It is still good and hope we can get it to work.

i wont use the monthly because i talk too much but if you are going to try on a tab id use the monthly

Phone
    3VO

Thats what I thought. Now if we only can get it to work it that would be awesome

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Thats what I thought. Now if we only can get it to work it that would be awesome

give it a try. if nothing elce make sure you can change it back to stock and re sell it

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.
    Unless they have made changes I've. Yet to find it works as follows

Add $1 - $14 you get one service day per dollar (ex: add $10 and you get 10 days to use the money)
    Add $15 - $30 you get 30 service days
    Add $31 - $45 you get 45 service days

This is the pattern as I was told and seem to hold true.
    The money and service days stack too. So I like to buy $15 top up cards to ensure that I have lots of service days stacked up.
    That way if I can't afford to get a top up that my account doesn't expire.
    A friend of mine uses paygo and buys 3 $15 top up cards at once at the end of the month when he gets paid and adds them to his account one after
    Another so he gets $45 on his account and 90 service days last I knew he had enough service days to keep his account active for 1.5 years
    according to new policy regarding pay-go. you have 90 days after the last use of any funds, or topping up before the account gets de-activated. theoretically you can put 1$ into your account every 89 days for your service to remain active. this has not been confirmed yet.

unless you only use your phone very limited amounts i don't recommend pay-go to anyone. the coverage is for core cricket network only, everything outside of that including partner coverage "may be subject to $0.25/min roaming fees". . . it's in the fine print

like many services if you are on an old plan you are 'grandfathered' in. that means your plan won't change to the new plans/rules until you change it.
    Last edited by indica; 11-27-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: forgot grandfathered plans

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by indica:33538
    unfortunately it doesn't work that way.
    Unless they have made changes i've. Yet to find it works as follows

add $1 - $14 you get one service day per dollar (ex: Add $10 and you get 10 days to use the money)
    add $15 - $30 you get 30 service days
    add $31 - $45 you get 45 service days

this is the pattern as i was told and seem to hold true.
    The money and service days stack too. So i like to buy $15 top up cards to ensure that i have lots of service days stacked up.
    That way if i can't afford to get a top up that my account doesn't expire.
    another so he gets $45 on his account and 90 service days last i knew he had enough service days to keep his account active for 1.5 years
    according to new policy regarding pay-go. You have 90 days after the last use of any funds, or topping up before the account gets de-activated. Theoretically you can put 1$ into your account every 89 days for your service to remain active. This has not been confirmed yet.

Unless you only use your phone very limited amounts i don't recommend pay-go to anyone. The coverage is for core cricket network only, everything outside of that including partner coverage "may be subject to $0.25/min roaming fees". . . It's in the fine print

like many services if you are on an old plan you are 'grandfathered' in. that means your plan won't change to the new plans/rules until you change it.
    yes you are right about the 90 days till disconnect but that's not service days.

Service days is when you're account will work.

So if you start a paygo with $1 today you could use the dollar today but not tomorrow as that's the first day of the 90 days till the account is deactivated

and if you live in a area that has good coverage (check the paygo map on crickets site) then this is a great way to go. I've been using paygo for years with almost no problem. And I have disconnected my service and restarted with the new bs many times including this month.
    Last edited by whitefiretiger; 11-27-2011 at 03:17 PM.

I have a question. I recently activated an old Cricket phone under the $1-a-day Paygo plan. I added $10 to the account, I want to know if the dollar is only charged on the days I use it. I ask cause I saw this in the FAQ section of PayGo, however I have been charged the $1 the last 2 days only because the phone rings. So I'm confused. Any help?

When will I be charged the daily access fee?

Cricket PAYGo puts you in control – with Cricket PAYGo daily plans, you are only charged on the days you use your phone. If you make an outgoing call, answer an incoming call, send text or pix, or access paid areas of the mobile web, you’ll be charged your daily access fee. You won’t be charged for calling us, topping-up your account, or dialing 911 for emergency services.

Will I be charged if someone sends me a message or calls me?

With Cricket PAYGo daily plans, you’re only charged for actions within your control. If someone else calls you and you don’t want to incur the daily access fee, simply let the call go to voicemail. Also, you can always view incoming text or pix without incurring the daily access fee. There is no additional charge to receive calls or messages on Cricket PAYGo monthly plans.

Thread Information