Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 12.0%

Phone
    Nokia Lumia 630

Do Flashed phones work in Phildelphia

Im thinking about buying the iphone 4s and i wondering if it works in philedelphia flashed to cricket ?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

i do not believe an iphone 4s will work in an aws market as i think the solution does not support it. But with that said, i know that phil is allowing flashed phones of the android flavor into their network, you must just take your phone into a cricket corp store to get it done, or flash it yourself if you are inclined to do so.

Overall activity: 12.0%

Phone
    Nokia Lumia 630

Quote Originally Posted by jqnorman View Post
    i do not believe an iphone 4s will work in an aws market as i think the solution does not support it. But with that said, i know that phil is allowing flashed phones of the android flavor into their network, you must just take your phone into a cricket corp store to get it done, or flash it yourself if you are inclined to do so.

Thats not the answer i was looking for from what i heard they did not work in the city of philedelphia trying to figure out wheather this is true or false

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

You are correct, Philly is an AWS market and therefore the IPhone will not work correctly in that area since it does not support the needed cellular bands. It will roam, however, it will not get true Cricket service.

I don't now how anyone can activate a non-aws phone in that market since it will not have the correct bands, regardless of where it is done.

If anyone knows for sure, please comment for clarity. I am using knowledge about Las Vegas restrictions when it comes to AWS issues.

Shorty
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

fortunately i work for the company that does aws flashing, and supports cricket phil market. Please contact your local cricket store for a full listing of aws phones that we can flash to cricket in your market. Most of them will be coming from metro, but you will be able to fully use all the features on a metro android phone, with crickets network on aws.

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    You are correct, Philly is an AWS market and therefore the IPhone will not work correctly in that area since it does not support the needed cellular bands. It will roam, however, it will not get true Cricket service.

I don't now how anyone can activate a non-aws phone in that market since it will not have the correct bands, regardless of where it is done.

If anyone knows for sure, please comment for clarity. I am using knowledge about Las Vegas restrictions when it comes to AWS issues.

Shorty
    You're correct. It might work, but won't be using Cricket Wireless' network, and will be using Sprint's instead.

fortunately i work for the company that does aws flashing, and supports cricket phil market. Please contact your local cricket store for a full listing of aws phones that we can flash to cricket in your market. Most of them will be coming from metro, but you will be able to fully use all the features on a metro android phone, with crickets network on aws.
    MetroPCS phones are the only phones that can be flashed to Cricket Wireless in an AWS market, because MetroPCS also uses AWS. I don't know of any other carriers that support AWS. The iPhone doesn't support AWS, and therefore cannot be used on Cricket Wireless in Philadelphia. I wouldn't be surprised if that changes in the future since Sprint has been so flexible. Maybe they will start allowing MVNO's, such as Cricket, to "Bring Your Own Device" next.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

It will work! I have tons of customers there.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    It will work! I have tons of customers there.
    It will work, but on Sprint's network. I really think it is against Cricket's Terms of Service. Also, unlimited plans aren't available on Sprint's network, so if someone were to use a phone in those markets they probably should be on the $55/month 1,000 minute Android plan.

derrickblogs

flashed phones in Philadelphia

im sure you will have success with using a flashed phone on cricket, i am currently using Verizon HTC Thunderbolt fully flashed to cricket everything works, i onoy have one problem my videos will jot send or receive but i am nit sweating it because if i need to there are so many ways to send videos from this phone. the other thing i was going to tell you that really be careful who you let do your flashing to your phone there are so many people who know a lot of ways to do flashes but if you run into a problem they leave you hanging and got your money, so i would reqlly recommend going to the pros if your going to get it done.

Customer Since
    01/2012
    Phone
    LG Optimus S

Yes Flashed phones work in Philadelphia PA there are some issues, but yeah tri ban frequency has issues cricket never fixed this I am not sure why could be because att bought there company or merged with them but personally I am not going to toss out any names but there are a few other carriers that expect flashed phones and don't have these issues at all...

Anyone looking for getting a device flashed your welcome to visit me in Philadelphia PA area.... can find me at flashingeazy.com

Phone
    Android

cricket technically does not support flashing of phones, businesswise right? but if a customer really wants to use a centain model, they needs to buy the same model in cricket so they can use the full features of the phone.

but this might help

830 Philadelphia PHL PA AWS only AWS AWS

Multi-Band Device
    (AWS/PCS)
    850/1900/1700 MHz all metro device will Voice and EVDO working

PCS Device
    850/1900 MHz non metro device/ with 1700 MHz can't flash because will cause roaming issue

Overall activity: 49.0%
    Customer Since
    June 2008
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Phone
    aio HTC One

I live in Philly and have flashed 100's of phones to cricket

Thread Information