Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 6.0%

Droid Bionic CM10.1 (Jelly Bean 4.2.1) MMS working?

Hello everyone.
    I am wondering if anybody has a solution to make MMS work on a Droid Bionic running Cyanogenmod 10.1? I am able to run Universal Cricket MMS on my CM10 version of the rom with no problems but when attempting to send a message on CM10.1 it force closes right away.
    It is kind of odd since I have received pictures using only the stock MMS app on the phone (not GoSMSPro or Handcent) but I have not been able to send the pictures with it. I already tried the setting used with GoSMSPro but it doesn't send them either.
    I don't mind not having MMS on my 10.1 side of the partition since I still use the older version but it would be so much nicer if I could just use Jelly Bean 4.2 as my daily driver from now on. Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.
    Also if you need help flashing (to Cricket or just a custom Rom) or rooting your phone I can always try and help you. Just send me a message and I will try and reply right away.
    Thank you
    Don't forget to vote so that flashing doesn't become illegal!!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Quote Originally Posted by einar_k88 View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I am wondering if anybody has a solution to make MMS work on a Droid Bionic running Cyanogenmod 10.1? I am able to run Universal Cricket MMS on my CM10 version of the rom with no problems but when attempting to send a message on CM10.1 it force closes right away.
    It is kind of odd since I have received pictures using only the stock MMS app on the phone (not GoSMSPro or Handcent) but I have not been able to send the pictures with it. I already tried the setting used with GoSMSPro but it doesn't send them either.
    I don't mind not having MMS on my 10.1 side of the partition since I still use the older version but it would be so much nicer if I could just use Jelly Bean 4.2 as my daily driver from now on. Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.
    Also if you need help flashing (to Cricket or just a custom Rom) or rooting your phone I can always try and help you. Just send me a message and I will try and reply right away.
    Thank you
    Don't forget to vote so that flashing doesn't become illegal!!
    In case somebody is running JB 4.2.1 or even 4.2.2 on their Bionic... GoSMSPro app is the solution I've found with settings found on the net for Cricket. I didn't freeze the stock app so that I can still use the nicer one but I deactivated the notifications on the secondary app so I don't get duplicate notifications. I have a 100% fully functional Bionic running with Cricket. Stable data, MMS, internet and unlimited calls (that really don't matter when all I do is text).

Thread Information