Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    HUAWEI Mercury

Cool Dual core processors

Just been looking on androidcentral.com and they are talking about the new droid 4 running a 1.2GHz dual-core CPU and a full gigabyte of RAM. Sounds great and i'm sure very fast. A little info on me before I ask the question. I can remember when the old brick phones came out and everyone was on the kick of having these installed in their car and how big they were. Yes I am 39 and looking at where cell phones came from that worked almost anywhere and at that time never thought it would go to small handheld computers we could talk on. I think its great for the faster technology, But who would have ever thought about having a phone out perform laptops and pcs? Technology is just plain awesome with our toys. Now if you could transport the fine young gal of the background to your livingroom, then we would have the ultimate and best phone.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

The dual cores are impressive for phones, but smartphones are still far behInd laptops and desktops when it comes to performance. My laptop is a quad core, and my desktop is a hexa core. The small form factor limits their performance. Battery life is another big problem, which is compounded by the obssession over thinness. I went to a convention after charging my Droid X the previous night, and by late afternoon I was looking for a wall socket. Who wants a phone with a battery that poops out after a few hours of use?

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Quad core phones are on the way. Yeah i think they can out perform some laptops.

Send from my Galaxy S2 Epic Touch

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

More cores doesn't necessarily mean faster. Sure it can distribute cpu threads amongst the cores, until individual apps are programmed to work with the, the performance increase will most likely be negligible. More cores also produce more heat and consume more power, so I'm interested to see what hardware manufacturers are going to do about that.

I've got an Evo 3D and the 1.2ghz dual core is impressive, but the battery life isn't nearly as impressive :/. It's a great phone, but I think I need to invest in an extended battery.

Banned
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Droid Bionic

I had the beats ROM on my 3d and overclocked to 1.8 GHz and didn't need abigger battery. I use my phone all the time also

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by SER-ious View Post
    I had the beats ROM on my 3d and overclocked to 1.8 GHz and didn't need abigger battery. I use my phone all the time also
    Well, now that I've got phone chargers everywhere I go it's not that big of a deal. But my old Moment could do 2-3 days between charges. My 3D is lucky to get through the day without needing a charge.

Thread Information