Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%

I really think that Cricket made a great miscalculation. The phones are just too expensive.. I've been with them for 5 years. I guess it's time to jump ship and change carriers..

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Radicals View Post
    I really think that Cricket made a great miscalculation. The phones are just too expensive.. I've been with them for 5 years. I guess it's time to jump ship and change carriers..
    Why? So you can pay more per month?
    Please explain why you would switch?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I'll believe this when I see it. Cricket has said all sorts of things like this in the past and none of them have come true.
    What youre saying is that Apple is going to give Cricket a list of ALL it's CDMA iPhones, worldwide, so that no meid except a cricket iphone can be added or activated. Sure thats possible. Probable, not so much.

If that were the case why does the model list in CID have cpe iphones? what would be the point of adding those models?

Until it has been proven, I am gonna stick with my contention that it's just more BS from Cricket. Only 3 more days till we find out.
    I just got out of training today and this is what we were told....

"If you attempt to activate a NBC iPhone, CID will not display the iPhone plan." YOU will be responsible for telling the customers this was not a Cricket iPhone and therefore we cannot activate it."

The next question was "So, will you be able to choose from the other non-iPhone plans?"

The answer, "I assume so, but remember, YOU are NOT ALLOWED to proceed with the activation!"

So, this is my assumption,
    CID doesn't know IF the phone being activated is an iPhone UNLESS it was sold by Cricket. However, I would bet Cricket has other criteria that COULD determine if the phone being used was an iPhone. They MIGHT then disconnect the line and attempt to determine who actually performed the activation. It may take them a while, but they may just be able to do it. I don't know for sure, I am only speculating here.

PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT advocating activating iPhones after the 22nd of June! Nor am I advocating bypassing Cricket's sytems, policies, and/or security to get it done! You do so at your own risk!

I am with Woof here! I will believe it when I see it!

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Cricket will not disconnect 40% of their business. Sorry this is just a recycled rumor.
    I thought it was closer to 50%-55% of their business! lol
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    I just got out of training today and this is what we were told....

"If you attempt to activate a NBC iPhone, CID will not display the iPhone plan." YOU will be responsible for telling the customers this was not a Cricket iPhone and therefore we cannot activate it."

The next question was "So, will you be able to choose from the other non-iPhone plans?"

The answer, "I assume so, but remember, YOU are NOT ALLOWED to proceed with the activation!"
    Translation: We're telling you not to do it. We are not technically capable of preventing you from doing it (look at CID and how half assed it is) but we demand that you not do it. We will police this like crazy and talk sternly to everyone we suspect. Trust us this is serious (Look how we cleaned up fraud in Phoenix if you want to know how we'll handle this) Note: PHX is the fraud capital of Cricket for those that dont know. So be sure to listen when we say youre not allowed!!!

So, this is my assumption,
    CID doesn't know IF the phone being activated is an iPhone UNLESS it was sold by Cricket. However, I would bet Cricket has other criteria that COULD determine if the phone being used was an iPhone. They MIGHT then disconnect the line and attempt to determine who actually performed the activation. It may take them a while, but they may just be able to do it. I don't know for sure, I am only speculating here.
    So there will be no changes and the current method of putting an iphone on Cricket will most likley still work.
    PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT advocating activating iPhones after the 22nd of June! Nor am I advocating bypassing Cricket's sytems, policies, and/or security to get it done! You do so at your own risk!

I am with Woof here! I will believe it when I see it!
    I won't even attempt to flash iPhones in my store, so I don't really care, but if I were a betting man, I'd put a large pile of money down that come the 23rd iphones will still work and be added to accounts just like they are now, because some folks don't care what Cricket says.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

If Cricket had a legal or contractual obligation to prevent certain phones from being used, ...then they would create a guaranteed way of implementing it to prevent a lawsuit. "Warning" people not to do something tells me its just some company policy. Sounds more like a policy to force people to buy an iphone from cricket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information