Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

ESN Change under Cricketusers.com - Is it a scam?

Hey all,

I just came across this site while looking for a way to flash my phone to cricket. I realized that for 12.99 I could have 2 ESN changes a month through this website and I paid the silver membership fee. Later I was chatting with knewsom32 about getting the time it would take for the ESN change. I was told about 30 mins and I filed the form with all the name, last 4 of SSN, yada yada yada.

The support team member just disappeared after about 5 mins and now I'm thinking, did I pay this money for nothing? Perhaps I was scammed and I wanted to know if anyone has experienced this or it's just that they handle the services this way.

Thanks.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

They do the esn/plan changes through a private dealer.

Don't worry, they will most likely get back to you tomorrow. During business hours.

No, it's not a scam. As long as you submitted the contact form with your information everything will be taken care of shortly. Like Holt95 said, it will probably be completed tomorrow.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Unfortunately this site does not bring in enough money so that one person could actually sit here all day long and not need another job. I'm beginning to doubt whether I should have ever made a live chat. Mostly people contact us on there with the belief that we owe them a step by step walk through on how to flash their phone.

It states on the supporting member page that the changes are performed as a courtesy. Most people do not care that we've spent countless hours on the setup of this site and providing the tutorials. They just want their ESN changed for 12.99 vs the 15 dollars Cricket charges and they want it yesterday.

Plus, the two main volunteers (myself and my fiance) are in Ft Benning, GA due to the military. We are so sorry. The dealer responded to your change BTW.

Actual turn around time between e-mails was 48 min. So I'm guessing the dealer completed it in 45 min. What does 15 min = ? Apparently enough time for your to ask my forum if we're scamming people. I'm guessing that since you were looking for a way to flash your phone, that you read my tutorial. You're eternally welcome. If not, I'd love to see the tutorial you used.

ESN Change Completed

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Cricket Users Forum <webmaster@cricketusers.com> wrote:
    *ESN Change Request (Activate a different phone on an existing Cricket account)*
    *Email Address* XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    *Name on Account* XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    *Phone Number* XXXXXXXXXXX
    *Birthdate (of account owner)* XXXXXXXXXXX
    *Last 4 of SSN* XXXX
    *Address on file with Cricket* XXXXXXXXXXX

*New ESN* XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    *Phone Model* HTC EVO SHIFT 4G
    *Comments* The phone has been flashed to cricket
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 09-25-2011 at 10:22 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

Seriously? It was only 45 minutes after they submitted the form before he asked if it was a scam?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Giray Yalcin View Post
    Hey all,

I just came across this site while looking for a way to flash my phone to cricket. I realized that for 12.99 I could have 2 ESN changes a month through this website and I paid the silver membership fee. Later I was chatting with knewsom32 about getting the time it would take for the ESN change. I was told about 30 mins and I filed the form with all the name, last 4 of SSN, yada yada yada.

The support team member just disappeared after about 5 mins and now I'm thinking, did I pay this money for nothing? Perhaps I was scammed and I wanted to know if anyone has experienced this or it's just that they handle the services this way.

Thanks.
    Wow. Pm me your paypal address and I'll personally refund your 12.99. If you're so worried about getting scammed you should just find a store in your market and go there and pay for them in person. The dealers who support this site do so as time permits and there is no guarantee stated or implied when you signed up..
    You get a discount and you want volunteers to be there for you instantly. Again, wow. I just don't get some people.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Ouch. OP just got ripped to pieces! I love you all the supporting cast of cricketusers.com! you guys rock my socks! Thanks for working so hard

My point was not at all to start a heated discussion about this issue. I was just worried and asked the general population about what the problem might be. I understand that you guys put time and effort in this and I did not realize that esn changes were as a courtesy and unrelated to the 12.99. I mean its a business you got here and I was attracted due to the cheap esn change claims I saw across the forum. When the chat ended without the formal goodbye or we got the request, give us 2 hrs kind of notification I thought of asking the others. I apologize if I pissed off couple of you guys, as I said my intention was not to start anything negative.
    I hope you guys didn't get me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Giray Yalcin View Post
    My point was not at all to start a heated discussion about this issue. I was just worried and asked the general population about what the problem might be. I understand that you guys put time and effort in this and I did not realize that esn changes were as a courtesy and unrelated to the 12.99. I mean its a business you got here and I was attracted due to the cheap esn change claims I saw across the forum. When the chat ended without the formal goodbye or we got the request, give us 2 hrs kind of notification I thought of asking the others. I apologize if I pissed off couple of you guys, as I said my intention was not to start anything negative.
    I hope you guys didn't get me wrong
    Has this been taken care of? If not, I'd be happy to look into it for you.

I have been super happy so far. Dealing with Cricket stores around here and getting them to activate flashed phones is an absolute nightmare, and I appreciate the service provided here. How did the site go down yesterday? Does anybody know?

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

The site went down because we had overages on our bandwidth therefore shutting the site down temporarily. We now have to pay for a new server which is a good $150 a month. Donations are definitely appreciated!
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

This doesn't function that well as a business when it doesn't bring in enough revenue to support a single person. There are a lot of expenses... Chat software wasn't free, servers aren't free, domains aren't free, software that runs the live chat (also provides us with real time analytics isn't free), dealer has to be paid for ESN changes (no one in their right mind would do all these ESNs for free and deal with improper information, multiple requests, rush requests, general poor attitudes, etc....

In the future I will think about removing the live chat feature altogether.

The site technically went down because it was on a shared server and we were using more than our 10% allotment of CPU usage. Time to get back to playing Army. AIRBORNE! Have a good day everyone.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Android

chrisngrod men you nailed it, ESN change or MEID change is not a good business, since your expenses is more than what you profit.. and if they call customer service it can be waive, im talking about cricket to cricket phone but OSP to cricket then it is 20$ per flash, but i salute you guys for helping cricket in your own way..

Thread Information