Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 7.0%

Few questions from prospective cricket customer!

So after 7 years with virgin its time for a change, hopefully i can get some questions answered on this forum as it seems to be the best resource for cricket atm.

1. From browsing this forum for the past hour it seems to me the best idea when bringing your own phone to cricket is to stick with an AT&T branded phone, is this still the case? I have done my research on phones and decided to go with a LG G2 which i will be buying from craigslist most likely.

2. In relation to #1, what exactly should i do to make sure the phone is unlocked/paid for? Say i buy an AT&T branded phone, do i meet the seller at AT&T store to make sure its not blacklisted? Do i need to get an unlock code for it if its locked? Or would it be a better idea to go into a cricket store?

None of the phones on crickets site interest me but ive never bought a phone that wasnt designed specifically for the carrier i was going to use it on. I know that an unlocked GSM phone should theoretically work great on crickets network, but after browsing this forum it seems issue can and do pop up like some features of a phone not working properly (eg: cant text pictures, data not working properly etc).

I was 100% sold on T-mobile until i found cricket. I live in a small-ish town and from what i gather t-mobile gets FASTER 4g LTE speeds than AT&T but AT&T has more reliable and greater coverage (which is more important to me). On the other hand i could buy a T-mobile G2 on craigslist and i know everything would work 100% and i would have great customer service that speaks english on the phone, but a consistent data signal of 4mbps or more is important to me, and from my understanding cricket can deliver this in wider areas.

Sorry for rambling post lol, but i just want to be sure i make the right decision

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

Whoops forgot one!

3. How do OTA updates to new versions of android work on cricket? Are they pushed out in the same manner as other carriers and does phone branding affect this process at all?

2. Remove this advertisement.

2 days 80 views no replies : (

Not sure if anyone else is having the problem i am but to add this reply i had to hit "reply to thread" before i could enter any text into the box lol. Im still trying to find a ATT branded G2 but no luck so far, seems like i may have to go with a t-mobile version which are everywhere apparently.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I've got a OnePlus One (International unlocked GSM) , 2 Note 3's (Verizon/Tmo) G2 (international GSM unlocked) and a G3 (unlocked AT&T)running on the new network with no problems. Bought them all on swappa though.

Sent from my 1+1

Hmm never heard of that site that is pretty neat, sadly the phones on there are far more expensive than what i can find locally on craigslist.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

True...but they verify the phones IMEI/ESN before the sale. Not to mention PayPal

Sent from my 1+1

Thread Information