Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Flashed phones no longer work on cricket on January 1st ???

I just got back from a dealer and he stated that starting on January 1st flashed phones were no longer going to be able to work on cricket. Is this true or even possible?

My account was suspended for 1 day and just paid the bill today at this dealer and the phones are still not working over 30 mins later. I know he is going to say some dumb stuff about the phones when I go back, saying they don't work due to them being flashed.

Oh and he also told me the Mercury was a dual core processor. I told him it was not, and he said yes they changed it at the last minute. And said the mercury was faster than my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch. :?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Sounds like that dealer is full of crap...

I have heard nothing about flashed phones not working starting next year. Cricket has NEVER supported flashed phones as a company, just the dealers. As far as I know, nothing is changing.

If your account was suspended for 1 day, there should be no problems if you paid the bill today. Sometimes it CAN take a few hours for a payment to go through, but that's pretty rare. You saved your receipt? You might want/need that later if there's a problem.

And no, the Mercury is a single core 1.4ghz processor. Based on specs, it probably can't beat out the Galaxy S2. It is, however, still a very nice, fast phone. That's not really the kind of thing they can "change last minute." Lol.

You probably just got an employee that doesn't understand anything.

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

That guy is completely full of you know what. Flashed phones are at worst 40% of crickets user base. What company would shut off 40% of their customers. NONE thats what.

This rumor goe around all the time but it's usually some corp employee being a dumb ass. IF and thats a huge IF, Cricket ever decided to go away from flashed phones, there would be so much notice. Not less than two weeks.

You got nothing to worry about.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Missed the dual core bit... That guy is clearly nuts.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Verified Developer
    Overall activity: 0%

I'm trying not to LoL, lol

I just love the iggits that work in the stores, the majority of em anyhow

i have a quick question . i have a sprint account and its currently suspended and am thinking of flashing it over to cricket ,do i need to have a cricket account for it to be activated on my htc evo3d

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by djeddiet View Post
    i have a quick question . i have a sprint account and its currently suspended and am thinking of flashing it over to cricket ,do i need to have a cricket account for it to be activated on my htc evo3d
    You can load up a Cricket PRL on the phone so it will OTA program when you take it to a store. Then once the account is set up and you have the MDN and MIN, you can finish the flash. But you WILL need the account info if you plan on getting full web and MMS on your Evo 3D.

Thread Information