Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since

HELP !!! I have major issues with cricket

Hi, I'm glad I found this forum, and feel that it is my last resort to deal with cricket. I brought a Huawei M860 Cricket smartphone from ebay. I've been a cricket customer for about a year, and I wanted to upgrade from my old basic phone. I had to get service on the phone with the smartphone plan for $55/month. I wanted to change from the monthly plans to the pay as you go plans. I called Cricket customer service and they told me if I wanted to switch to the pay as you go plan, I would still have to pay $55/month, because I have a smartphone. I'm having a hard time beleiving that, because the person who had the phone before me had the $1 a day pay as you plan, and I wanted one of those daily plans so I could save money. If anyone else had this issue and resolved it, I would appreciate any help.

If I can't find a cheaper plan with cricket, I was going to try and flash the phone over to a different company. I've been doing some research on flashing, and it seems easy, its just that my phone does not have a USB port, so I can't flash my phone via USB. I was trying to see if anyone knew another way I could flash besides a USB. I really like the phone, it works great, I'm just going through hell trying to find a decent plan. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Yes, you do have a usb port. It is the same port you use for charging. if you have a wall charger...the one that comes stock with the ascend, you'll note that it's a 2 piece charger. One end for the phone and one that would look like it should plug into a computer. That being said, 55 per month is not bad at all seeing how you get unlimited call/text and data :-) i pussy that x3 for me my wife and eldest kid. We couldn't be happier! Just get in it and deal with it....the water's fine!

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Huawei Ascend2

Quote Originally Posted by sportwin View Post
    Yes, you do have a usb port. It is the same port you use for charging. if you have a wall charger...the one that comes stock with the ascend, you'll note that it's a 2 piece charger. One end for the phone and one that would look like it should plug into a computer. That being said, 55 per month is not bad at all seeing how you get unlimited call/text and data :-) i pussy that x3 for me my wife and eldest kid. We couldn't be happier! Just get in it and deal with it....the water's fine!

I agree, but I think you meant "I pay that x3" LOL. Me and my wife pay $55 each, and it's great for me. Unlimited calls and messaging. Data and throttling doesn't bug me, I just use Wi-fi at home. Got my wireless router from a local thrift store last year for $5 bucks! I only "use" data when I'm away from home.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by aj34867 View Post
    Hi, I'm glad I found this forum, and feel that it is my last resort to deal with cricket. I brought a Huawei M860 Cricket smartphone from ebay. I've been a cricket customer for about a year, and I wanted to upgrade from my old basic phone. I had to get service on the phone with the smartphone plan for $55/month. I wanted to change from the monthly plans to the pay as you go plans. I called Cricket customer service and they told me if I wanted to switch to the pay as you go plan, I would still have to pay $55/month, because I have a smartphone. I'm having a hard time beleiving that, because the person who had the phone before me had the $1 a day pay as you plan, and I wanted one of those daily plans so I could save money. If anyone else had this issue and resolved it, I would appreciate any help.

If I can't find a cheaper plan with cricket, I was going to try and flash the phone over to a different company. I've been doing some research on flashing, and it seems easy, its just that my phone does not have a USB port, so I can't flash my phone via USB. I was trying to see if anyone knew another way I could flash besides a USB. I really like the phone, it works great, I'm just going through hell trying to find a decent plan. Any help would be much appreciated.

The PayGo Smartphone plan is $55.00 monthly and it includes 1000 minutes. OR, you could go with the regular monthly smartphone plan for $55.00 and it includes UNLIMITED minutes. The $1.00 daily plan is NO LONGER available as it has been discontinued and replaced with the $1.50 a day. However, that plan is NOT available for your type phone.

Be careful with flashing phones. Most carriers do not accept a flashed phone. Please check with that particular carrier before going through the trouble.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by mendoozer666 View Post
    I agree, but I think you meant "I pay that x3" LOL. Me and my wife pay $55 each, and it's great for me. Unlimited calls and messaging. Data and throttling doesn't bug me, I just use Wi-fi at home. Got my wireless router from a local thrift store last year for $5 bucks! I only "use" data when I'm away from home.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) OMFG! That is so f@$#ing awesome!!! Oh man, i just laughed so hard,i cried. I had to read it twice before i saw my mistake.....g0d damned Swype! LOL!

Thread Information