Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Not Yet

HELP!!!! Why wont Cricket Activate the Optimus Regard THEY SOLD ME!!!

Does anyone know how to get through to the people in the call center and get them to activate my phone?

Ordered phone over the internet, my order status still shows "in progress", but i received my phone yesterday.

I've been told i have a bad IMEI, My account is locked, my phone is locked, and even they cant activate my phone because it hasnt been activated yet???

And the continual, this has been escalated...please wait 24-48 hours. I asked from WHEN? no idea...

Why would they sell a phone that cant be activated?

Why can't the corp store near me help?

Any help is greatly appreciated, or i guess this goes back and I take the upgrade T-Mobile offered.

THX, TRM

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Does anyone know how to get through to the people in the call center and get them to activate my phone?

-yes, call 1-800-cricket (274-2538) and say you want to buy something. hopefully you won't be transfered into no where.

Ordered phone over the internet, my order status still shows "in progress", but i received my phone yesterday.

-Sounds like there was an error in your order. has it changed?

I've been told i have a bad IMEI, My account is locked, my phone is locked, and even they cant activate my phone because it hasnt been activated yet???

-did you do anything to the phone? if not, return it and ask for a refund.

And the continual, this has been escalated...please wait 24-48 hours. I asked from WHEN? no idea...

-this means they have submitted a trouble ticket to the tech department and should get a call-back within 24-48 hours according to cricket.

Why would they sell a phone that cant be activated?

-do you buy electronics much? crap happens man.

Why can't the corp store near me help?

-you spit in their face when you bought online.

Any help is greatly appreciated, or i guess this goes back and I take the upgrade T-Mobile offered.

-no contract here, and no one is going to tell you what to do.

THX, TRM

-hope your issues get solved, sorry that it happened to begin with. I make sure every phone gets activated and works before a customer leaves my store. . .

Customer Since
    Not Yet

Indica, I appreciate your response, and got the feeling that the store employees performance would be better. But something as simple as a "stuck order" shouldnt require 48 hours to fix, but...ITS A COMPANY STORE, YOU WORK FOR THE COMPANY...FIX THE PROBLEM.

Sorry venting.

Yes, i've bought from every major carrier and this process SUX compared to any other provider. Activation for MVNO and Carrier pre-paids should not have these issues.

I've known Cricket's OSS/BSS was a mess in the past, but clearly it hasn't improved and the incompetent employees and processes don't seem to help.

Wanted to give Cricket a chance, but doesnt seem like it will work out.

THX

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

This never got resolved? Seemed like a simple lock that could have been removed. My store had issues activating it in the beginning, but they made sure it got done one way or the other.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by trm123 View Post
    I've known Cricket's OSS/BSS was a mess in the past, but clearly it hasn't improved and the incompetent employees and processes don't seem to help.
    This is the best answer i can agree with. . .the corporate store should own the responsibility of online sales. I will help customers regardless of sale point, and then try to sell you these awesome cases and accessories i have just sadly laying around. . .

Thread Information