Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    november1

Horrible customer service

Recently I went thru the process of changing my broadband plan...what I discovered is that this CANNOT be done over the phone....after inputting all of your info you are directed to a Cricket store!
    Trying to do it on the internet was also impossible, the transaction never completed (tried many times).

So I had to drive 60 miles to a CORPORATE store (wasted 10 mile trip to the local agent store who threw up his hands at my request) where I waited in line for 20 minutes.

I asked the clerk how to contact Cricket to complain about this 1970s style service and was told to check the website for a complaint number....they were not sympathetic.

This is probably the worst customer service I have seen from a WIRELESS company.

Anybody know how future changes can be done? Or at least a complaint contact?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

sorry to hear about the problem. it sounds like you have a very old plan and purchased it at walmart. the best #1 way to get a rep on the phone is to say you want to buy something. the customer care call center is improving, and has improved in the last 2 years i've been with cricket. i use cricket for my phone service and never received a discount. this is a service i choose because it's so simple. changing your plan should be easy and able to do over the internet. there was a time you could not change it over the internet, and if you bought it at walmart/bestbuy the service is not the same service you get when you buy the modem from a cricket store. that is why the rep had no idea, however they should have assisted you getting a good customer care agent and made a better impression. i'm sorry for your troubles. s**t happens

Customer Since
    november1

No idea why my experience gave you the impression I have an old plan and bought through Walmart....neither is true. My plan is 2 months old and was bought thru Cricket directly.
    You do not seem to realize that if you follow the prompts, which takes several minutes, you are lead to a voice message that tells you no agent is available, and you must go to a store. That is the system and the store manager agreed that it was the system and it sucks.
    I think you suggest that if I lie about my issue and go to a sales agent for a new phone then I can get them to help me. So if you trust the system, you are a fool....
    That pretty much would describe a horrible customer service experience in my book.

Wise up Cricket.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...#ixzz2KN1rJYTY
    Last edited by freewilley; 02-08-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Take the good with the bad if you got it from Wal Mart or Best Buy you got it cheaper but have to give up on customer services. I always suggest to try the place you purchase the modem from since they sold it to you.

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

Bought two phones on line el cheapos ZTE Shapes guy was nice enough phones arrived on time no problem having our Verizon numbers transfered to Cricket. On line sales man told me he would arange for me to get Cricket broadband but it never happened. Made several calls to local stores and seemed to get different answers so finally drove to Savannah, GA corporate store and the service the lady rendered was wonderful. She transfered my contact list from Verizon phones to Crickets but was out of the broadband USB plug-ins said doubt they will get more. Seems they don't support Windows 8 and they are being re-engineered to accomidate Vista, Win 7 & 8. My box is Win7 so I tried Best Buy, WalMart, Radio Shack and finally found one in a Cricket store after driving all over Savannah. Purchased it came home plugged it in and SHAZAM on line in seconds flat. I had Verizon broad band 3G for two years and seemed to get slower all the time. Cricket 3G definitely faster and things on the web in general go faster. Cricket phones will take some getting use to because I never sent a text message in my life. For the same money we got unlmited text and call where Verizon was charging same for 700 minutes talk only. And, get this, if we went over 700 minutes it jumped to .45 cents a minute. If I went a grain of salt over my internet allowance it cost me $10. where Cricket has no over use charges. It was explained when you went over the speed slowed down and I can live with that.

Only thing I see negative is I got different stories on how Cricket broad band worked and IMO Cricket should tell people the USB plug ins are hard to find and they will not yet work with Win8. I will post a relative concern in a new thread.

Customer Since
    november1

I am NOT a walmart Cricket customer. I bought direct from Cricket.
    I am NOT on some old plan. I started in Dec. 12.

My point is, what company today will make you input your account info and then advise you to attend a Cricket store to discuss, without ANY option to speak to a real person? Very frustrating. Now, if the store in an hour away.....

I think I hear that I can dodge this by pretending to be purchasing a new phone? I guess I will try this option, but it does not change my opinion of how Cricket is designing a system that peeves the customer!
    Last edited by freewilley; 02-09-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by freewilley View Post
    I am NOT a walmart Cricket customer. I bought direct from Cricket.
    I am NOT on some old plan. I started in Dec. 12.

My point is, what company today will make you input your account info and then advise you to attend a Cricket store to discuss, without ANY option to speak to a real person? Very frustrating. Now, if the store in an hour away.....

I think I hear that I can dodge this by pretending to be purchasing a new phone? I guess I will try this option, but it does not change my opinion of how Cricket is designing a system that peeves the customer!
    LOL, i understand your frustration. . . Before, when you pressed zero on customer care you'd get disconnected. at least that is fixed now.

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

I understand.

After I made the purchase and had a question went back to my cricket website it once again wanted a zip code, town & state. Not a problem, but after much ado I finally got a warm body but she didn't speak English very well so I opted to call a local store and they were more help than the web site. Tried clicking chat box but no go there either, wanted to know if I wanted to buy or upgrade or whatever. AARGGHH! I have to give credit whee due, I believ they wanted to help me and gave the best advice they knew, but unfortunately a lot of it was not right.

Still boxing with getting the modem AC3781 installled on the laptop but it doesn't want to play ball. Maybe I'll take it to a local Cricket store and see if they know a trick.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

When I bought my modem I opted for the 6 Gig plan and the guy told me if I wanted to go 8 Gigs I would have to go to a cricket store to make the change and it can not be doen over the phone. So that makes two of us in the same boat. Our previous company all it took was a phone call, so maybe Cricket will get it together and be just a phone call away.

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

if you don't use your credit or debit card there is no way to upgrade your plan over the phone. . when you upgrade you pay the plan change differences (40 to 50 = $10 difference you have to pay right away)

Overall activity: 2.0%

I am a cricket dealer and we have been backorder on usb modem and hotspots for over a month.

Customer Since
    november1

if you don't use your credit or debit card there is no way to upgrade your plan over the phone.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...#ixzz2Mr8Fha9u
    I was PERFECTLY willing to use my credit card. There was STILL no way to do that over the phone. When I entered the information ONLINE the transaction would never complete.
    For a Cricket dealer, you are surprisingly unaware of the system from the customer's viewpoint. I hope my pointing out the system has helped you understand it.

Customer Since
    november1

Good news. I called to cancel my service and was able to talk to a live person (actually 3, since they transferred me incorrectly).
    Although my first call was a real dud, I entered my number correctly and was sent to voicemail hell where the computer told me that my account was passed due and I needed to make a payment....and there seemed no way to get out of there. I called again and that message did not come on and I was assisted (sort of).
    I will not restart this service if I can help it....I am working on a better broadband service. Cricket has been a real disapointment.
    anybody want to buy a Boltz?

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

I'm ready to throw in the towel, enough of this aggrivation.

Quote Originally Posted by freewilley View Post
    "Cricket has been a real disapointment.
    anybody want to buy a Boltz?
    The Score phone was annoying had to tap above the characters i wanted to type in, but sometimes pressing on them wud work, sometimes not. Ordered another phone, the Samsung Comment II keypad small but it does put in the right character. But, it seems weak and sometimes folks I call say can barely hear me or I'm breaking up. Our home town is in good reception area on the coast.

Monday afternoon tried to text relative about medical problem here and got a message saying, "Cricket is not participating in this event at this time." HUH?
    Tried a second time got the same message. I Googled the message on my PC got many, many hits other Cricket users get the same message. I dial 611 get a nice lady who says phone needs to be reset. Take the battery out, wait 30 seconds, put battery back in dial *228 and wait for the message phone has been reset which I did. Dialed Cricket phone in our same house seemed to work OK.

THIS MORNING, (Wednesday), I tried to send text immediately got the same " . . . . . not participating in this event" message via return e mail. When I punch send it says message has been sent. But immediately get a return e mail saying same thing about "this event". Oh woe is me, oh woe is me . .
    Sooooo, . . . the good thing about having text and talk unlimited is great, but if it don't work it ain't so great, is it? After I get 'woked' up I'm off to check on other cell phone plans. I have a heart condition and I MUST HAVE A PHONE THAT WORKS all the time 'cause if I am on the road and have need of EMS then I MUST be able to call for help immediately.

Cricket Broadband: Been working great, no problems and I will keep it if I can.
    To the Cricket dealer who says the modems are on back order:
    You are correct Sir, Lady at Cricket corporate store told me the modems ARE on back order software being redesigned to be compatible with Windows 8.
    Finally got it installed on our old VISTA OS laptop, but have to MAN-UP and confess, seems was my bad because in MSCONFIG I had something disabled that prevented the modem from connecting. I enabled everything on normal start up and it immediately connected good speed with the Cricket broadband modem.

To summize: Must give credit where due, everyone with Cricket has been very nice and tried their best to help, and I appreciate that. I believe Cricket has "growing pains" and eventually will be a leading cell phone company. If I wasn't so old with heart condition I would stick with them, but I'm a victim of circumstance and as such must go with a cell phone service I can rely on.

In the event I take my phone business elsewhere, please allow me to wish everyone health, happiness, prosperity and always be kind to one another.
    OldCoot, US Air Force Veteran.
    To other Veterans: Thank you for your service to our country and GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    Last edited by OldCoot; 04-10-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

It is a prepaid service homie, you get what you pay for. If you want nice customer service go to a company that has 2 year agreements and higher priced plans, I am willing to bet you get far better customer service.

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Wireless Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    It is a prepaid service homie, you get what you pay for. If you want nice customer service go to a company that has 2 year agreements and higher priced plans, I am willing to bet you get far better customer service.
    Mr.E, you are wrong sir! It is reasonable to expect decent customer care from a discount carrier IMO. The problem is this: It is a prepaid service and the issue is not changing your plan, it's making the payment. Their call center, in a foreign country, does not have the capability to accept payments and Cricket decided (correctly) over a year ago not to bill customers for changes because it leads to too many problems. It's pay as you go... not pay as you went?

Cricket isn't perfect and they should fix this issue by allowing this type of service to be done through their website. But for those of us who are cricket dealers, we know that's asking just a little too much from their IT dept.

Other thoughts:
    The Score is a cheap POS that should have been pulled from the shelves a year ago.
    & Cricket's people are nice for the most part.. but frustration can set in at time
    & Mr. E is wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information