Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

How are you doing this - for the admin

In your premium sign up area and on your androidtocricket.com website you say this in one form or another:
    This includes refreshing WAP and SMS/MMS to make sure everything is working properly.
    I'd really like to know how youre doing account refreshes. It's my understanding that since the new CID rolled out in April, there is no longer any way for dealers to refresh accounts.

Please enlighten. Thanks.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Please send me a PM or better yet... Use one of the instant messenger logos under my username.

Thanks...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    In your premium sign up area and on your androidtocricket.com website you say this in one form or another:

I'd really like to know how youre doing account refreshes. It's my understanding that since the new CID rolled out in April, there is no longer any way for dealers to refresh accounts.

Please enlighten. Thanks.
    I'm liking how much of a straight shooter this guy is. All his post are very straight forward. No offense to you chris. I'm sure you like a challenge anyways lol

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    I'm liking how much of a straight shooter this guy is. All his post are very straight forward. No offense to you chris. I'm sure you like a challenge anyways lol
    Thanks Thomas, appreciate the kind word.

Chris, no offense to you either. Love the board, other than Avenue tendancy to post lots of nothing. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Thomas, appreciate the kind word.

Chris, no offense to you either. Love the board, other than Avenue tendancy to post lots of nothing. Keep up the good work.
    Avenue helps and moderates. You haven't been around long enough to really know. Each mod has their job and what their good at. So they help to the best of their ability.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by rebel101150 View Post
    Avenue helps and moderates. You haven't been around long enough to really know. Each mod has their job and what their good at. So they help to the best of their ability.
    Really? Check out the old Join Date under my name. I have been around longer than you AND Avenue. The nothing I am referring to by the way are the posts that lead nowhere. i.e. FAQs and such for phones that dont exist yet.

Supporting Member

Really? Check out the old Join Date under my name. I have been around longer than you AND Avenue. The nothing I am referring to by the way are the posts that lead nowhere. i.e. FAQs and such for phones that dont exist yet.
    Lay off, it's set up to be organized so there aren't a hundred post on how to root or a bunch of people asking. I don't care if you joined before i'm a dev here and avenue is a mod. Show some respect. That almighty banhammer isn't a kind thing woof.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Lay off, it's set up to be organized so there aren't a hundred post on how to root or a bunch of people asking. I don't care if you joined before i'm a dev here and avenue is a mod. Show some respect. That almighty banhammer isn't a kind thing woof.
    I was merely correcting an inaccuracy in rebels post. I am not new here.

Supporting Member

I was merely correcting an inaccuracy in rebels post. I am not new here.
    But that's where your wrong. Joining a site and then not posting for a long period of time is not justified as being around. You are "new" in most of our eyes because of your lack of postings. you had 2 when I logged on earlier, so yeah you joined and then didn't use it or did briefly. My point is don't attack other member it's grounds for ban, end of story.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

But that's where your wrong. Joining a site and then not posting for a long period of time is not justified as being around. You are "new" in most of our eyes because of your lack of postings. you had 2 when I logged on earlier, so yeah you joined and then didn't use it or did briefly. My point is don't attack other member it's grounds for ban, end of story.
    Oh my apologies. I didn't realize "new here" was a perception based on my post count and not my join date. My bad. Maybe there should be a sticky about the age of ones experience here and how it's determined by whomever.
    Are you a moderator here Thomas? Do you have the power to ban anyone? If yes, great. If not please stop throwing around ban hammer comments. Some people might read your threats as an attack on another member. If you are a mod then your tag should be mod, otherwise it's misleading.
    IMO I didn't attack anyone. I corrected rebel, based on my perception of the join date and its relevance and I commented on a few posts I thought had no value. I was not attacking anyone. Apparently you have a different perception. Good for you.

FYI this is not an attack, merely a conversation.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You guys should be proud of this thread. It caught my attention enough to postpone my scheduled number 2 in the bathroom. I was going to reply via Tapatalk, but that would just take too long.

One of Avenue's responsibilities is to keep traffic coming to the site. The other is to organize things. There are only two people that really work on the site.

By setting up FAQs for upcoming devices we 1) make things organized before they can get messy and 2) better our SEO. People can easily get the latest information about the devices. When more is available, the threads will be updated ASAP. By driving traffic here it will improve the forum in all aspects. As long as it's properly moderated, along with the members who can't contribute will come those who will make great contributions.

Geez I think I was interuppted about 10 times while writing this... Oh well... "Post Quick Reply" click!
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Supporting Member

Oh my apologies. I didn't realize "new here" was a perception based on my post count and not my join date. My bad. Maybe there should be a sticky about the age of ones experience here and how it's determined by whomever.
    Are you a moderator here Thomas? Do you have the power to ban anyone? If yes, great. If not please stop throwing around ban hammer comments. Some people might read your threats as an attack on another member. If you are a mod then your tag should be mod, otherwise it's misleading.
    IMO I didn't attack anyone. I corrected rebel, based on my perception of the join date and its relevance and I commented on a few posts I thought had no value. I was not attacking anyone. Apparently you have a different perception. Good for you.

FYI this is not an attack, merely a conversation.
    Good one but that's why there should be a rating system of some sort based upon number. I spoke to a moderator about you, yes I have a form of seniority although not of administrative level. I do communicate with them often, and they are seen as targeted towards a certain member.I would not state so if it were not.

You are "new". The post number is what says that (mods excluded) not the join date. I would be fine with you being new if you weren't trying to challenge every thing stated.
    I'm a developer on here, I code for the optimus C and trolls (even educated ones) are just not welcome.
    So please do me a favor and not be a keyboard warrior for a few minutes and let the moderators do what they want to. Saying he post a whole lot of nothing can be taken in many ways and i'm sure avenue was offended by that. That was an attack, indirect or not.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    You guys should be proud of this thread. It caught my attention enough to postpone my scheduled number 2 in the bathroom. I was going to reply via Tapatalk, but that would just take too long.

One of Avenue's responsibilities is to keep traffic coming to the site. The other is to organize things. There are only two people that really work on the site.

By setting up FAQs for upcoming devices we 1) make things organized before they can get messy and 2) better our SEO. People can easily get the latest information about the devices. When more is available, the threads will be updated ASAP. By driving traffic here it will improve the forum in all aspects. As long as it's properly moderated, along with the members who can't contribute will come those who will make great contributions.

Geez I think I was interuppted about 10 times while writing this... Oh well... "Post Quick Reply" click!
    Perfect way of explaining it.thank you
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-02-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Merged posts. See the "+ on the right of threads? Click those and then hit reply to thread. It will copy multiple quotes.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Thank you.

This site has picked up a lot of traffic lately. A couple of reasons why I made it... The economy sucks and life's unfortunate events suck. If a person can hold on to a premium phone when they don't have much money, that's really nice. I hate to see people lose everything. In this day and age a phone is a lifeline for most.

I also made it so that one day Cricket would visit the forum and see what it's subscribers are concerned about. For this, we have to cater to everyone. It can't just be all flashed phones. It has to be about all things Cricket related.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Good one but that's why there should be a rating system of some sort based upon number. I spoke to a moderator about you, yes I have a form of seniority although not of administrative level. I do communicate with them often, and they are seen as targeted towards a certain member.I would not state so if it were not.
    I have a couple issues with this. The job of the moderator is to moderate. They have authority to do so and make decision about banning etc. Thats why they are mods. Typically mods take issue with users that play the "i'm special because" card and run and tattle on things they think should be moderated. Why, because mods are mods for a reason and they have enough to do with out it.
    Most forums have a report post button that flags a post for a mod. I see this one has that. You could have just hit report on my post and let the mods handle it instead of going off on me like you owned the place.
    That being the case Thomas I don't think you are doing anything different that you are accusing me of doing, especially since you have no authority. Avenue is perfectly capable of doing the waving of the ban hammer all on his own. If he was offended by my post as you certainly were why then were we able to have a perfectly friendly conversation in another thread at the same time. Perhaps Avenue's skin is thicker than you imagine and he doesn't need you looking out for him.
    As to your "form of seniority" I'd like that either called out in your badge or put to the side as irrelevant. If certain users will have seniority over others, that should be reflected in a title. (That one's for you Chris)
    If you have authority to run your mouth whenever, I won't be the only person who doesn't come here again.

You are "new". The post number is what says that (mods excluded) not the join date. I would be fine with you being new if you weren't trying to challenge every thing stated.
    And you incorrectly assume because I am new here that I don't know anything. If information is wrong I'll challenge it.
    I'm a developer on here, I code for the optimus C
    So your a developer and youre on this forum. Cool. Good for you. I am a long time Cricket employee and now a dealer on here. Since I am not a member of the staff do I have any more privilege than you?
    and trolls (even educated ones) are just not welcome.
    You called me educated, how nice. Thing is a compliment with an insult isn't a compliment. And you jumped into my thread, with something completely off topic.
    So please do me a favor and not be a keyboard warrior for a few minutes and let the moderators do what they want to.
    Good advice for the guy in your mirror.
    Saying he post a whole lot of nothing can be taken in many ways and i'm sure avenue was offended by that.
    Avenue has indicated nothing of the sort to me in our direct and very friendly conversation. I'll assume he is an adult and capable of speaking up for himself as a person or moderator, if the need arises. I am sure the big protective brother bit is appreciated though.
    That was an attack, indirect or not.
    Says you.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post

You schedule Number 2?!?!
    Well put Chris. I disagree with your methods to a degree. I don't like posts that go nowhere and I usually avoid returning to such places when I find them. Of course Google is smart enough to not rank pages with no content so you're not really helping yourself anyway.
    Just my two cents. (Not an attack for those sensitive types)

Nice what you've done in a couple months tho. Love VB for boards. New theme is nice too. Now if you can wrestle the ban hammer from the crowd and let the mods do their job..... on their own .

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

We're new and it's a learning experience. This is my first VB board.

"cricket huawei glory" on Google... actually without the quotes. We come up 7th, but check out the page it links to. None of our other pages came up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information