Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 20 of 20
  1. #16
    Supporting Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    288



    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I have a couple issues with this. The job of the moderator is to moderate. They have authority to do so and make decision about banning etc. Thats why they are mods. Typically mods take issue with users that play the "i'm special because" card and run and tattle on things they think should be moderated. Why, because mods are mods for a reason and they have enough to do with out it.
    Most forums have a report post button that flags a post for a mod. I see this one has that. You could have just hit report on my post and let the mods handle it instead of going off on me like you owned the place.
    That being the case Thomas I don't think you are doing anything different that you are accusing me of doing, especially since you have no authority. Avenue is perfectly capable of doing the waving of the ban hammer all on his own. If he was offended by my post as you certainly were why then were we able to have a perfectly friendly conversation in another thread at the same time. Perhaps Avenue's skin is thicker than you imagine and he doesn't need you looking out for him.
    As to your "form of seniority" I'd like that either called out in your badge or put to the side as irrelevant. If certain users will have seniority over others, that should be reflected in a title. (That one's for you Chris)
    If you have authority to run your mouth whenever, I won't be the only person who doesn't come here again.

    And you incorrectly assume because I am new here that I don't know anything. If information is wrong I'll challenge it.
    So your a developer and youre on this forum. Cool. Good for you. I am a long time Cricket employee and now a dealer on here. Since I am not a member of the staff do I have any more privilege than you?
    You called me educated, how nice. Thing is a compliment with an insult isn't a compliment. And you jumped into my thread, with something completely off topic.
    Good advice for the guy in your mirror. Avenue has indicated nothing of the sort to me in our direct and very friendly conversation. I'll assume he is an adult and capable of speaking up for himself as a person or moderator, if the need arises. I am sure the big protective brother bit is appreciated though. Says you.




    You schedule Number 2?!?!
    Well put Chris. I disagree with your methods to a degree. I don't like posts that go nowhere and I usually avoid returning to such places when I find them. Of course Google is smart enough to not rank pages with no content so you're not really helping yourself anyway.
    Just my two cents. (Not an attack for those sensitive types)

    Nice what you've done in a couple months tho. Love VB for boards. New theme is nice too. Now if you can wrestle the ban hammer from the crowd and let the mods do their job..... on their own .
    Such an attempt to prove himself.I will sit here and smile knowing that within your attempts to redeem yourself there is no argument. Just stop. These guys honestly try and not much gets to me lol

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #17
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Let's just stop this discussion please. It's a waste. It's not really helping anyone. This started out with a basic question, which is being resolved over PM.

  4. #18
    Senior Member
    Points: 10,804, Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Woof's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 60
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    2,039
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D



    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    Good one but that's why there should be a rating system of some sort based upon number. I spoke to a moderator about you, yes I have a form of seniority although not of administrative level. I do communicate with them often, and they are seen as targeted towards a certain member.I would not state so if it were not.

    You are "new". The post number is what says that (mods excluded) not the join date. I would be fine with you being new if you weren't trying to challenge every thing stated.
    I'm a developer on here, I code for the optimus C and trolls (even educated ones) are just not welcome.
    So please do me a favor and not be a keyboard warrior for a few minutes and let the moderators do what they want to. Saying he post a whole lot of nothing can be taken in many ways and i'm sure avenue was offended by that. That was an attack, indirect or not.



    Perfect way of explaining it.thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    You guys should be proud of this thread. It caught my attention enough to postpone my scheduled number 2 in the bathroom. I was going to reply via Tapatalk, but that would just take too long.

    One of Avenue's responsibilities is to keep traffic coming to the site. The other is to organize things. There are only two people that really work on the site.

    By setting up FAQs for upcoming devices we 1) make things organized before they can get messy and 2) better our SEO. People can easily get the latest information about the devices. When more is available, the threads will be updated ASAP. By driving traffic here it will improve the forum in all aspects. As long as it's properly moderated, along with the members who can't contribute will come those who will make great contributions.

    Geez I think I was interuppted about 10 times while writing this... Oh well... "Post Quick Reply" click!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    Such an attempt to prove himself.I will sit here and smile knowing that within your attempts to redeem yourself there is no argument. Just stop. These guys honestly try and not much gets to me lol
    So you got nothing...

    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Let's just stop this discussion please. It's a waste. It's not really helping anyone. This started out with a basic question, which is being resolved over PM.
    Aw it was soo much fun tho. Thing is though when a MOD asks me to do something, I am happy to oblige.

  5. #19
    Supporting Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    288



    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    So you got nothing...

    Aw it was soo much fun tho. Thing is though when a MOD asks me to do something, I am happy to oblige.
    of course I've got something that was me ending it though lol. And it ended at his last post....provoking someone isn't brilliant

  6. #20
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Alright, you each got to comment once more.

    We're really done now!

    Thread Closed.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner