Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

How's service in the Houston area

Just discovered this forum after researching Cricket's LTE deployment, and I wanted to get an idea of how the coverage in the Houston area compares to the big boys. I'm currently on Sprint with a Galaxy S3, and for the most part I'm satisfied with my service, but I wouldn't mind reducing my bill. It seems like Cricket is deploying LTE in the areas I go (live in Houston, but also visit Austin and San Antonio).

How are 3g speeds? I know the 3g technology is the same as Sprint's evdo, but Sprint's 3g is pretty slow in Houston. 4g speeds are pretty good, I'll typically get 5-13 mb/s, with occasional bursts up to their advertised 25mb/s. The highest speedtests I've personally seen is 33mb/s. Is Cricket's LTE comparable? I've seen the vids on this forum of speedtests typically in the 5-8 mb/s. Has anyone been able to get speed bursts similar to Sprint's highest speeds? (real world usage anything above, say 4mb/s doesnt really matter, but I'm still curious)

Does anyone know how Cricket is initially deploying LTE? Im guessing its the aws band (1700/2100mhz), but not sure on how wide the channels are. (Sprint is doing 5x5 channels to start)

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

4G LTE isn't that fast right now, but for surfing, watching videos etc it is pretty darn stable. I use to live in Austin as well and pretty much had service anywhere Sprint did + the AWS towers.

With the introduction of the S3, Cricket really has become a great choice for those who don't need 15-20 mpbs down. I'd be perfectly happy with just a Cricket S3.

I use to travel to a lot of different installations and also went to NTC (National Training Center in the Mojave desert) with a Cricket phone. They got me through a real tough time in my life. Now they're better than ever though.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thanks for that info.

Thread Information