Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since

HTC Rezound questions.

I just got it flashed to Cricket and it was slow. First they just got voice and text to work but no MMS or Data. Then I take it back to have that looked at and they got the 3g to work but no MMS unless I use a different messaging program that isn't very flashy to send pics.
    I guess I made the mistake of having a rooted it and putting a wifi tether program on the desktop. They wiped all the programs off and installed a wifitether blocker on my phone. It just takes me to a site that says for $10 more dollars a month I can use the tether (that I was using before in limited circumstances).
    He said I couldn't load any ROMS on the phone because I would loose the flash.
    Is that true?
    Did they install a tether blacker on the phone?I found a program called tether guard install but is that it?
    And I can't use the LTE sim card anymore but I still get the message that I need one. Can I remove that somehow?
    Thanks I think they screwed me over a bit but I wanted to make sure.
    Thanks in advance for your time and help, because they most likely came here for all their information and charged me for the labor.
    David

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

pay for tethering and download a stock rom and install and figure out your stock MMS and problem solved

Customer Since

If I could do that I would have. But that is what I paid them for and expected to have done. I was wondering if there was a program installed to highjack my phone?

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Sounds like you watch too much CSI, no one really benefits from "hijacking" a cricket phone, I got some people in Colorado Springs who can do your phone right and I think I have someone in Denver as well but they might be in the Springs at the moment at another store. PM for details if you want it done right.

Customer Since

I think there was a program, because I didn't get this message tethering message on my last phone. I did have it encrypted, maybe that had something to do with it?

Customer Since

So no one has ever heard of a program that will send a webpage to another when you didn't pay the fee? I find this behavior unforgivable if its true.

Customer Since
    Jan. 2012
    Phone
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

First off, its a redirect based on a quiry of the user from a database. Easily done. Second, a cricket store is not gonna help you acheive their services at no charge, meaning, 7 days ago i was totally oblivious to achieving my goals, until exstensive research proved otherwise. With that said, search here you will recieve bits and pieces of info that you will have to put together and then apply to your geographical location and your end result will be a rooted phone running any and every feature you want at no additional charge as much as u want, with no CSI/Government/Men in Black covert op program running on yout phone in the background.

Customer Since

Thanks. $60 bucks a month is enough a month to get what I need. I just don't want my phone slowing me down. And I don't even own a TV so I don't know if I watch to much of it. CSI (back when I had TV was so off base that I don't think I've ever watched a full episode.
    I think it was the tech who low jacked the phone. Nobody else. If it was stock low jacked to send me to a site asking to buy tethering don't you think it would have sent me to a Verizon site and not Cricket?

Customer Since
    Jan. 2012
    Phone
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

No, not actually. Once flash your browsers internet request are sent through a cricket server, who in turn is running a program that tries to recognize the difference between phone data and pc data exchange. Thus flagging certain request, and sending u to the other page. This is why it happens even when browsing from your phone. Keep in mind using services without otherwise proper means (IE paying for it, come with fairly stiff penalty) not to mention stealing is stealing no matter how u look at it. Keep also in mind what makes the world go round is more than just gravitational pull, and every choice we make has a cause and effect.

Customer Since

So you are saying that even though I pay for unlimited data services I can't use them on anything but the phone without paying more. You're right stealing is stealing. I sure hope cricket starts getting their stuff together before they start losing customers.

Thread Information