Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

There are also some articles on the main page of MyCricketForum that spell out what a lot of those conditions are.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Stopped by the Cricket store. I was in the area. They told me that ATT/Cricket is working on getting the large markets up and running with Cricket phones that have 4g LTE capability. We will be able to access ATT's 4g LTE towers once they are done. Also, iPhone 5 will be OK with the GSM network. They just need to put in a simm card. No disruption for them. GSM Galaxy S5 is scheduled to be available at Cricket stores after the 16th of April. I still have a few days to return my S4, but I'm leaning toward keeping it for a year and trading it in when I'm forced to.

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Getting 4G right now in EL paso tx, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cjreyes666 View Post
    Getting 4G right now in EL paso tx, awesome.
    You're on AT&T's 4G Network? How did you find out it was available? Still putt-putting here on 3G.

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

screenshot_2014-03-27-15-39-00.png

Here is a screenshot. Don't know on who's network I'm connected to, but I am having lot of problems connecting to it. As well I wasn't able to connect to 4G with a SIII nor with the One SV. Also I don't think it was Sprints network since they have had 4G for a while in town and never been able to connect to it.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

What I want to know is, what about the people who signed up for the leasing option for the S4? Will they be included in that trade value or something? :S

Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Can someone please point me to where AT&T has stated what the trade in value of the cricket phones will be? Please, please show me this. I really want to know since so many people are claiming AT&T is depriving them of the value of there phones.

To be serious the information isn't out there yet. There will be overlapping time between the CDMA and GSM networks as well. Along with this there isn't any definitive information yet.

To top all this off, during the earnings call for end of Q1 AT&T made a comment about not starting to transition the current customer base until 2015 and it taking 18 months from that point.

Since they haven't announced all the merger information yet (due out by the end of June) all of this is speculation.

Sure wish people would learn to not go off Half Cocked!

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

They have never gave an eststimate on trade in value. My guess is be prepared to take it in the rear.

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth8883 View Post
    They have never gave an eststimate on trade in value. My guess is be prepared to take it in the rear.
    Before you make assumptions like that you should read the FCC documents. I doubt that will be the case when you go to trade in a year old phone. I suspect most people will get decent/good trade-in values.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

Quote Originally Posted by gsdreams View Post
    Before you make assumptions like that you should read the FCC documents. I doubt that will be the case when you go to trade in a year old phone. I suspect most people will get decent/good trade-in values.
    That all depends on whos definition of what exactly is "decent". Technically a moto g qould be decent. Do you actually think you will get a flagship phone for your flagship phone. I hear we will be geting at&t customer's trade ins from when they upgraded. Just have the lube somewhere close by.

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

That all depends on whos definition of what exactly is "decent". Technically a moto g qould be decent. Do you actually think you will get a flagship phone for your flagship phone. I hear we will be geting at&t customer's trade ins from when they upgraded. Just have the lube somewhere close by.
    Do you think trade-ins are going to start the day they change to GSM for new customers? This is "VERY UNLIKELY".

Most people don't understand this from a business perspective. The S4 is no longer a flagship, the S5 is out (notice Cricket doesn't have it). Compare apples to apples here, so the Moto G isn't comparable to what Cricket currently sells.

Also, notice cricket is not adding "ANY" new phones at this time.

The GSM for new customers transition is supposed to happen by the end of this quarter (June 30th), I would suspect it will be August or September before we start seeing the Special Trade-In offers for Current CDMA customers.

Why? To date the phones. This will make it easier for AT&T to say "Oh, you have an S4, yeah we can give you that phone or we can give you xxxx trade in and get you an S5".

The trade-in might be equivalent to what an S4 sells for, but they are still going to get a lot of people paying out cash this way.

Also, the estimated cost of the transition of current customers is a huge figure, which means there has to be quite a bit of subsidy in there somewhere.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

Do you think trade-ins are going to start the day they change to GSM for new customers? This is "VERY UNLIKELY".

Most people don't understand this from a business perspective. The S4 is no longer a flagship, the S5 is out (notice Cricket doesn't have it). Compare apples to apples here, so the Moto G isn't comparable to what Cricket currently sells.

The GSM for new customers transition is supposed to happen by the end of this quarter (June 30th), I would suspect it will be August or September before we start seeing the Special Trade-In offers for Current CDMA customers.

Why? To date the phones. This will make it easier for AT&T to say "Oh, you have an S4, yeah we can give you that phone or we can give you xxxx trade in and get you an S5".

The trade-in might be equivalent to what an S4 sells for, but they are still going to get a lot of people paying out cash this way.

Also, the estimated cost of the transition of current customers is a huge figure, which means there has to be quite a bit of subsidy in there somewhere.
    Well you asked "what people think". I gave you my opinion. Take for what its worth . Sounds like you already know your answer, so why would you ask such a question. Come the day they give us an offer I'm goong to be standing on the leg I cam walk away on. You never answered my question though. Do you think you will get a phone with flagship specs that the s4 has?

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Well you asked "what people think". I gave you my opinion. Take for what its worth . Sounds like you already know your answer, so why would you ask such a question. Come the day they give us an offer I'm goong to be standing on the leg I cam walk away on. You never answered my question though. Do you think you will get a phone with flagship specs that the s4 has?
    Where did I say anything about asking what people think? That wasn't me.

And depending on the "WHEN", yes I do believe it is possible. But, whether I believe it can happen or you believe it can't is just speculation.

That is the point I'm trying to make. We don't know at this point what the deals will be and until we do all we do is speculate. There is enough pessimism in the world, lets not add to it.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

Where did I say anything about asking what people think? That wasn't me.

And depending on the "WHEN", yes I do believe it is possible. But, whether I believe it can happen or you believe it can't is just speculation.

That is the point I'm trying to make. We don't know at this point what the deals will be and until we do all we do is speculate. There is enough pessimism in the world, lets not add to it.
    Well spread the joy with your happy self. I will just be prepared to walk away if I have to. I will go to metro or tmobile.

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Well spread the joy with your happy self. I will just be prepared to walk away if I have to. I will go to metro or tmobile.
    Ok, you made me laugh. MetroPCS is currently going through what Cricket is about to go through. The only difference is they are being merged under the T-Mobile name and the MetroPCS name will be going away.

Personally T-Mobile isn't an option for me. There coverage is horrible in the Northwest. Where I get coverage with Cricket, Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon for camping, fishing, etc... T-Mobile has no coverage.

There are definitely other options if people have to switch. The question right now is what providers are going to allow you to BYOD with cricket devices, but I don't think we will see that answer for a little while.

A new carrier might pop up to pick up the slack for all we know at this point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information