Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Ascend 2

I found a better Gmail and calender client then outlook for my computer

Since I switched to Android I have been looking for an email client for my computer that would sync with my Google Calender.
    My over all goal is to have something that will sync my Google calender so the same information shows up on my phone, google online calender and my computer.
    I got outlook but it was nothing but a hassle, not only the set up between the three (that was a bear to do to say the least) but it also required a separate sync program. So after this free month of Outlook I decided that I don't like it at all and went looking.
    I have found "eM Client" for free and it is so incredibly easy to use. All I had to do was install it, put in my google name and password and it synced everything all on it's own. All my appointments are there, all my contacts are there, everything I have on my Google and phone transferred in 2 minutes. When I added content at my phone it sent it strait to my computer, I didn't have to use the sync on my computer.
    The only down side is on the free version it only allows for two emails, for me that is fine as I only have two. For some who have more this may not be ideal and it may not be what everyone is looking for, but for me this email client has done everything I wanted it to.

Download | Email Client and Calendar Software for Windows 7, Vista and XP

Edit: This link is to the eM website. The board automatically changed it to the site description.

Last edited by Dewmik; 03-08-2012 at 11:09 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

So why don't they have any screenshots on their page? How frickin dumb. Part of an email clients appeal is how it looks.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

East Cottonwood Heights, Utah, United States

thanks for sharing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Cricket network - using Tapatalk

Phone
    Ascend 2

Woof look on Cnet. Thay have the shots

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
    Woof look on Cnet. Thay have the shots
    Thanks. Found them.

Complete morons sell a visual product and don't include screenshots of the product on their own website. Anyone who looks for a new email client is going to be partly swayed by the visual aspect of it. I am not looking for a client, BUT if I was, I would pass on this fact alone. Just tells me the developer isn't thinking of the basics. My opinion.

/rant

By the screen shots on Cnet, it looks ok. An Outlook clone at first glance to me. (but honestly you'd expect that) I won't even bother trying it though because of the 2 account limit. I have a score of email addresses and gmail collects them all just fine for me. No reason for me to spend $50.

Thanks Dew for sharing this with us tho.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Ascend 2

I definitely agree that the cost of the paid version is way to expensive Woof. With all the free clients available I would never pay 50 bucks just for the ability to add more then two accounts. That's why I said if you have more then one email it's not a viable solution. In my case I only have the two that I monitor, both google, one work the other personal.
    When I started looking I was more looking for something that wasn't Microsoft tonot only do my email at home, but also be an assistant my phone. I wanted it to read my two Gmail's and the sync the calender easily to Google. Since I do only have the two google accounts this was perfect.
    I had gotten so frustrated with outlook with the additional sync from Google that has to be used, plus the fact that you can't get outlook to check for messages on its own and alert you unless it's open. For that I had to use this GMail checker I got from google to alert me when I got an email. And of course the cost of MS office is also outrageous.
    With this one it checks and alerts me of emails on it's own keeping open in the task bar. Granted you don't get all the MS office stuff but I use open office for all that and just not willing to work and think that hard to get it to work right.

Customer Since
    05/2001
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Outlook to Android Sync

That sounds great for Google Calendar - but I use Outlook - because I've used it for years, and it is the best thing out there to adequately track and "file" emails that I receive on six different email accounts. You're right, though, that it is a hassle to use it with Android. I finally found Mobisynapse - which worked great with my Ascend II to sync. However, my experience is that different apps work differently on different phone models - regardless of that OS they are using. I'd really appreciate feedback on other sync software for Android and Outlook - or opinions from people who have used Mobisynapse on different model phones to see what their experience was. I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy S III when it comes out, but am very hesitant to spend the money without knowing how it will work with the sync software. I've used Windows phones (that I flashed to Cricket) or the Blackberry (that synced well with Outlook) for years - and the only reason I haven't switched my main phone line (I have four) to an Android phone is because of the hassles with Outlook syncing. Many of the other apps I've tried had major issues - either they didn't sync the calendar correctly; or they synced each contact's numbers as a separate contact (if they had home, mobile, work, and fax numbers - it set me up with four separate contacts), or the Outlook reminders didn't work. I really need a clean sync for all Outlook functions. Any help - suggestions - advice - from Cricket customers who have used the software would be greatly appreciated!!

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

thunderbird- 'nuff said

Customer Since
    05/2001
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

So... I've been checking out Thunderbird and have some questions. There is no way to find out about it (that I can find) without actually downloading. Does it allow me to track multiple emails? Does it also have contacts; tasks; and calendars? Do the calendars sync directly with Android - or with a secondary calendar installed by the software (like with Mobisynapse - Outlook). I really need to figure out the best way to streamline all of this, and I really DON'T want to do the whole "store your stuff in the cloud" thing. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

well i did use thunderbird for quite some time, but i do have to admit it has been a while since i actually did decide to mainly do the cloud storage thing. to me storing everything thru the google servers just saves time and hassle since i am on my phone more than anything.

but, what i do remember:
    thunderbird ui was quite similar to outlook (not much of a surprise)
    not sure if they finally just implemented the calendar, but when i was using it, it was an add-on
    i never had any issues with syncing between computers/android
    yes you can track multiple emails

now for my stupid question: why not just do it all through google? its simple, its the same as any others out there, and most of the stuff you are looking for is already installed

Customer Since
    05/2001
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

In a nutshell - the control freak in me quite simply doesn't trust the "cloud" stuff. I'm old school. I've been using computers since I could go into DOS myself and perform multiple functions with my computer. My research has told me that moving all of my data from Outlook to Google would be an extremely difficult process -- I save/file all of my emails through Outlook and have pretty much every email ever sent me for the last seven years (so I use my computer a lot). Overkill? Maybe, but I can't tell you how many times I've had to go back and find an email that I needed on one of my accounts. Outlook makes it easy for me to search all of the databases for keywords, etc., in order to find what I need. So now -- what do you recommend for someone like me?

Oh yea - and I've had the same aol email for almost 20 years. Everyone who needs to know, knows hot to contact me...

Thread Information