Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

I want to hook up my old phone through Paygo (dont care how)

Sorry didn't know where to put this, as it was both service and phone related.

I have a HTC Touch Pro 2. I recently read people have hooked this up with cricket. So I called cricket one night and said if I buy one of these paygo cards can I hook up my TP2 formerly from sprint. She said yes I could use any phone on the network as long as it was flashed. I was concerned about this because of previous providers I looked at you had to lie about what phone you had. So I buy a card for the $35 plan and sure enough when I try to activate it, it did not work.

I was told by Sprint the device was locked to my friends old account (little did I know the ESN was actually clear anywhere). So I got Sprint to supposedly release the ESN by signing up for a plan and then a day later swapping phones to release my TP2 from sprint altogether. Then I canceled within the 14 days to avoid the ETF. Not a big deal was only $10 spent or so. So I flash the phone and try again and I quickly realized they could not sign me up because this phone was not allowed in my area.

So after trying several things and arguing with different reps this lady tells me to come down to san diego (2 hours or so away) to activate my phone, OTA program it, and list that as my area of residence, and then go back to where I live. She explained that I could not do this on month to month because I would get canceled if too many days out of the area, but supposedly on Paygo it doesn't matter.

Is this all a load of crap? If it isn't is there perhaps an easier way to do this than driving 2-3 hours just to activate this thing on a cricket tower?

I have seen it mentioned a while ago that if you were in a 1000 minute area, you couldn't use a flashed phone. They also mentioned a possible forced plan change. Which would require being month to month to do so, not pay as you go.

I would appreciate any ideas on how I can use this phone. Using any other phone than the one I currently have is completely out of the question. So if I am unable to do this I will just get rid of the prepaid card in some way, and probably go with metro although I would hate to.

I appreciate any advice you have for me, thanks.
    Last edited by oz999; 11-09-2011 at 04:50 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

If you're in that 1,000 minute area, you can't use a flashed phone, you must use a Cricket phone.

Thread Information