Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Idea: $40/month Unlimited Everything Plan (Including Androids and Blackberries)

I was discussing something like this with FF2CO4. He mentioned a $45/month unlimited everything plan with a lifetime commitment. We talked about that for a while, and now I have more ideas about something similar.

So, the plan would be $40/month for unlimited talk, text, and web, including Android and Blackberries. The throttling would be after 2 GB, and would throttle at 500 kbps until 5 GB, and then would throttle at 250 kbps until 10 GB. After 10 GB, you would be throttled at 100 kbps for the remainder of the billing cycle. Tethering and WiFi Hotspot would be allowed.

There would be no contract. The thing is, the customer would need to put $200 each year into an account for a new phone. That money would be nonrefundable and would go towards a new Cricket phone. The customer can get up to one phone a year. They pay at the beginning of the year, and can get it one year later. So, it would work like this.

On January 1st, 2012, the customer will pay $200 to lock on the $40/month rate. They will then use any Android phone they want, but can't use that $200 towards it. That $200 will sit into an account. They cannot use that money until January 1st, 2013. On January 1st 2013, the second payment of $200 will be due, in order to lock in the rate for another year. At any time during that year, the year of 2013, the customer will have access to the first $200 for a new device. If they choose to wait until January 1st, 2014, they will have access to the whole $400. Of course, if they don't have enough available balance, they can pay the difference. Let's say the customer has $200 available after being on the plan for one year, and the Huawei Glory is $279.99, the customer can pay the difference which would be $79.99 for the new device.

If the customer decides they don't want Cricket anymore the money in the account is nonrefundable and Cricket would be able to keep this money.

Here is the more basic explanation of the money part:

January 1st, 2012, John wants to get on the $40/month plan. He needs to pay $200 to get started.

January 1st, 2013, the $200 is available for use on the purchase of a new phone. Regardless of if John purchases a new phone or not, another $200 is due.

January 1st, 2014, another $200 is available, and another $200 is due.

These $200 payments are Cricket's way of knowing you plan on staying a customer for a long time. It's a great way for them to give you a good rate!

Just think, on T-Mobile you will be paying $69.99/month for a line. With Cricket, you would be saving $29.99. If you divide the $200 by 12 months, you would be paying a total of $40 + $16.66 which gives you a total of $56.66/month, which is $13.33/month savings over T-Mobile!

Please go easy on me. I'm sure this idea isn't perfect. I appreciate hearing what you all think.

Thanks.

UPDATE: You do not need to add $200 each year, regardless of whether you get a new phone or not. The minimum balance in the account must be $200. You can let that money sit in there if you wish. If you choose to purchase a new phone with the $200, another $200 is due. There must be $200 in the nonrefundable account at all times in order to lock in the low rate.

UPDATE #2: Maybe you should need to pay $200 each year. If you pay a one time rate of $200, and keep the plan for five years, Cricket is no longer getting more money. Remember, Cricket profits off of the phones too. So, if you're definitely going to buy a new phone every year or two, Cricket can profit that way. I'm still trying to think this through.
    Last edited by avenue; 07-24-2011 at 04:05 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

so per our conversation last night, i think it would be a better idea to consider the 200 a spending limit and actually call it a spending limit account, that counts towards the new phone. so the way it should work IMO is to say john starts service in 2011, so there's 200. in order to maintain the $40 unlimited plan there would have to be a balance of 200 in the spending limit account at all times during the duration of the service contract. so now 2012 rolls around and john wants a new phone and has the option of using the 200 towards the purchase of the phone or can pay out of pocket for the phone. so say john chooses to use the spending limit, so now john has a new phone, but the spending limit is empty and cannot obtain the $40 rate until the balance is settled, so this is where the options come in, either john can (Option A) pay the balance in full on the next billing cycle, (Option B) choose to pay the balance in 12 monthly payments or (option C) make quarterly payments. now say john choose option B but fails to make all the payments and his balance is only 150.00, so now what takes place is john would have to pay the remainder of the balance ($50.00) plus a penalty fee of $35.00 in order to lock in the $40/month unlimited everything for 2013. now instead of allowing a the balance to be used every year, id say it can only be used every 2 years. if john choose to put more money into the balance than required then that is acceptable and the whole balance except for the penalty can be use toward a phone. another thing is i had dropped the idea of lifetime to 4-5 years contract. but to make this really worth the bang for this plan there should be phones exclusively available to this plan and this plan only, these phones should be top of the line. also if this would be under cricket and not offer by other carriers, cricket would have to also have nationwide 4G, that away the phones are 4G only..no 3G. so your phone would be locked in at all times at 4G so you get the fastest speeds for data, clear reception for talk and fast mms. so pretty much these are my ideas..what ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2CO4 View Post
    so per our conversation last night, i think it would be a better idea to consider the 200 a spending limit and actually call it a spending limit account, that counts towards the new phone. so the way it should work IMO is to say john starts service in 2011, so there's 200. in order to maintain the $40 unlimited plan there would have to be a balance of 200 in the spending limit account at all times during the duration of the service contract. so now 2012 rolls around and john wants a new phone and has the option of using the 200 towards the purchase of the phone or can pay out of pocket for the phone. so say john chooses to use the spending limit, so now john has a new phone, but the spending limit is empty and cannot obtain the $40 rate until the balance is settled, so this is where the options come in, either john can (Option A) pay the balance in full on the next billing cycle, (Option B) choose to pay the balance in 12 monthly payments or (option C) make quarterly payments. now say john choose option B but fails to make all the payments and his balance is only 150.00, so now what takes place is john would have to pay the remainder of the balance ($50.00) plus a penalty fee of $35.00 in order to lock in the $40/month unlimited everything for 2013. now instead of allowing a the balance to be used every year, id say it can only be used every 2 years. if john choose to put more money into the balance than required then that is acceptable and the whole balance except for the penalty can be use toward a phone. another thing is i had dropped the idea of lifetime to 4-5 years contract. but to make this really worth the bang for this plan there should be phones exclusively available to this plan and this plan only, these phones should be top of the line. also if this would be under cricket and not offer by other carriers, cricket would have to also have nationwide 4G, that away the phones are 4G only..no 3G. so your phone would be locked in at all times at 4G so you get the fastest speeds for data, clear reception for talk and fast mms. so pretty much these are my ideas..what ya think?
    I'm still not sure if $200 and only $200 in there at all times is a good idea or not.

Let's say the customer puts $200 and keeps the account for five years, without taking out the $200 for a new phone. That will come out to $3.33/month, plus the $40. So, Cricket would be getting $43.33/month for the five years the customer stays with Cricket. Although that's more than what the customer would get with the buy three get one free deal, I think it still might be a little low. If Cricket requires that the customer puts $200 into the account each year that would basically make them purchase a new phone once every year or so. Cricket would then profit from that also.

If they were to do what you said, I think Option A would work. I don't think Options B or C would work since Cricket is not offering a contract. If they offered a contract then I think quarterly or monthly payments would work.

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I'm still not sure if $200 and only $200 in there at all times is a good idea or not.

Let's say the customer puts $200 and keeps the account for five years, without taking out the $200 for a new phone. That will come out to $3.33/month, plus the $40. So, Cricket would be getting $43.33/month for the five years the customer stays with Cricket. Although that's more than what the customer would get with the buy three get one free deal, I think it still might be a little low. If Cricket requires that the customer puts $200 into the account each year that would basically make them purchase a new phone once every year or so. Cricket would then profit from that also.

If they were to do what you said, I think Option A would work. I don't think Options B or C would work since Cricket is not offering a contract. If they offered a contract then I think quarterly or monthly payments would work.
    true, but again you have to look at it from both sides of the fence. what will attract customers, and what will make cricket money. to me asking for 200 a per year is a little out there. now say if it was 200, then the next year 100 then the following year set at 75 for the reminder of 5 years then that would work also.

true, but again you have to look at it from both sides of the fence. what will attract customers, and what will make cricket money. to me asking for 200 a per year is a little out there. now say if it was 200, then the next year 100 then the following year set at 75 for the reminder of 5 years then that would work also.
    What about $100 per year instead of $200? That would be a lower up front payment. Also, at that rate, do you think the customer should be allowed to get a new phone with that money once a year, or once every two years?

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

What about $100 per year instead of $200? That would be a lower up front payment. Also, at that rate, do you think the customer should be allowed to get a new phone with that money once a year, or once every two years?
    well i like the stepping stone, maybe it could go 200...150...100...75.... and yeah a new phone every 2 years to an exclusive line of phones..none of that cheap crap, phones must have 3" or larger lcd, be touch screen, with or without pull keyboard, dualcore processor, min of 1gb memory and can accept up to a 32gb sd card. min of 5mega pixel camera, and all phones must have front facing cameras ... and running the latest os for its time.

well i like the stepping stone, maybe it could go 200...150...100...75.... and yeah a new phone every 2 years to an exclusive line of phones..none of that cheap crap, phones must have 3" or larger lcd, be touch screen, with or without pull keyboard, dualcore processor, min of 1gb memory and can accept up to a 32gb sd card. min of 5mega pixel camera, and all phones must have front facing cameras ... and running the latest os for its time.
    Well, I kind of like the exclusive phone idea, but I'd think Cricket would want to sell as many phones as they can. So, by limiting it to only this special plan that would mean everyone that can't afford $200 up front won't be able to get the phone.

I think the $200 up front and the price that goes down each month might work.

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

Well, I kind of like the exclusive phone idea, but I'd think Cricket would want to sell as many phones as they can. So, by limiting it to only this special plan that would mean everyone that can't afford $200 up front won't be able to get the phone.

I think the $200 up front and the price that goes down each month might work.
    yeah but that's the beauty of having the stepping stone for the upfront cost, plus the exclusive phone line gives it more pop and value to be on the plan.

yeah but that's the beauty of having the stepping stone for the upfront cost, plus the exclusive phone line gives it more pop and value to be on the plan.
    Well, I guess someone can always switch to the plan with a regular phone and then save up to get one of the exclusive phones.

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

Well, I guess someone can always switch to the plan with a regular phone and then save up to get one of the exclusive phones.
    see in the end it makes sense lol..or the first phone with sign up of this program the phone could be free

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

did you see this from best buy, it was posted on here but i cant remember where i found it..i might get it man its a good deal and i love wimax...
    Code:
    In a bid to try and get itself into the actual wireless space, we’ve seen big box retailer Best Buy get its feet wet by entering the mobile broadband market with their own branded service – Best Buy Connect.

Their service actually relies on Sprint’s network, but the plans are super competitive versus the competition out there. Only natural, the consumer electronics giant is now offering a new option to its arsenal – their $45/month unlimited WiMAX plan. Of course, customers can choose from either a monthly plan or sign a 2-year contract which can knock down the price of a specific laptop that’s equipped for the service.

Come to think of it, that’s one pretty affordable plan considering that we’re talking about something that relies on Clearwire’s 4G WiMAX network. However, you might want to do your homework and verify that you have sufficient coverage before making a move.

Here is what the plan would cost:

1st Year: $200 = Total of $56.66/month.

2nd Year: $150 = Total of $52.50/month.

3rd Year: $100 = Total of $48.33/month.

Each Additional Year: $50 = Total of $44.16/month.

-------------------------------------

I lowered the "each additional year" to $50, since every other amount went down by $50. Also, I just noticed that the first year actually costs more than the regular $55 Android plan, so changes need to be made because of that.

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

exactly.. now those prices arent bad at all...so lets roll this idea into a portfolio and present it ...

did you see this from best buy, it was posted on here but i cant remember where i found it..i might get it man its a good deal and i love wimax...
    Code:
    In a bid to try and get itself into the actual wireless space, we’ve seen big box retailer Best Buy get its feet wet by entering the mobile broadband market with their own branded service – Best Buy Connect.

Their service actually relies on Sprint’s network, but the plans are super competitive versus the competition out there. Only natural, the consumer electronics giant is now offering a new option to its arsenal – their $45/month unlimited WiMAX plan. Of course, customers can choose from either a monthly plan or sign a 2-year contract which can knock down the price of a specific laptop that’s equipped for the service.

Come to think of it, that’s one pretty affordable plan considering that we’re talking about something that relies on Clearwire’s 4G WiMAX network. However, you might want to do your homework and verify that you have sufficient coverage before making a move.
    That's a good deal! WiMax isn't available where I'm at though.

exactly.. now those prices arent bad at all...so lets roll this idea into a portfolio and present it ...
    We just need to get the first rate lower than $55/month and then we're good to go.

I thought about starting the first one at $150 instead of $200, and then making each additional year go down $25 instead of $50. What do you think of that?

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

That's a good deal! WiMax isn't available where I'm at though.

We just need to get the first rate lower than $55/month and then we're good to go.

I thought about starting the first one at $150 instead of $200, and then making each additional year go down $25 instead of $50. What do you think of that?
    that will work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information