Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63

Thread: It's Sad That..

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    Lol ever checked how much data is used when using the netflix app?

    It isn't pretty

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I used Netflix for a little bit and hit 200 MB pretty quickly.. How much data have you used using Netflix?

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #17
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,825, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    whitefiretiger's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    472
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Yeah, I used Netflix for a little bit and hit 200 MB pretty quickly.. How much data have you used using Netflix?
    When used the trial I didn't even get through a full movie and almost hit 1 gb

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

  4. #18
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    When used the trial I didn't even get through a full movie and almost hit 1 gb

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk
    Wow! Were you watching it on your phone or computer?

  5. #19
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,825, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    whitefiretiger's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    472
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Wow! Were you watching it on your phone or computer?
    Phone. The computer was more data use than the phone

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

  6. #20
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    Phone. The computer was more data use than the phone

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I think Cricket needs to understand that there are more and more data intensive applications coming out. If the Huawei Glory becomes a Netflix supported device, a lot of people are going to want to use it. They're going to be upset when they can only watch one TV show or movie before being throttled.

  7. #21
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,825, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    whitefiretiger's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    472
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Yeah, I think Cricket needs to understand that there are more and more data intensive applications coming out. If the Huawei Glory becomes a Netflix supported device, a lot of people are going to want to use it. They're going to be upset when they can only watch one TV show or movie before being throttled.
    Lol that's what I forgot about ... Then I got throttled I was able to watch about 5-6 minutes then 3g would drop for a few minutes.

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

  8. #22
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    Lol that's what I forgot about ... Then I got throttled I was able to watch about 5-6 minutes then 3g would drop for a few minutes.

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk
    When I was throttled it worked for a few seconds, and then started buffering and getting a little choppy. When I wasn't throttled it worked great and was crystal clear.

  9. #23
    Supporting Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    288



    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    Lol that's what I forgot about ... Then I got throttled I was able to watch about 5-6 minutes then 3g would drop for a few minutes.

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk
    The strange part is I watched 16 movies on 3g according to my playlist and I didn't get in trouble or throttled. my wifi was too weak in my bedroom as I had to use it.

    annd i just realized ive watched every superhero movie on netflix...this is pathetic
    Last edited by Thomas Romspert; 07-04-2011 at 12:24 AM.

  10. #24
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    The strange part is I watched 16 movies on 3g according to my playlist and I didn't get in trouble or throttled. my wifi was too weak in my bedroom as I had to use it.

    annd i just realized ive watched every superhero movie on netflix...this is pathetic
    What does your data usage say? http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...ata-usage.html

  11. #25
    Supporting Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    288



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Just the 2 gig range.oddly enough. i'm using wifi 98% of the time otherwise though

  12. #26
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    Just the 2 gig range.oddly enough. i'm using wifi 98% of the time otherwise though
    I never use wifi.

  13. #27
    Supporting Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    288



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I never use wifi.
    That's why your data's so high
    Although I can personally say in your area is too expensive to justify for most people.

  14. #28
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    That's why your data's so high
    Although I can personally say in your area is too expensive to justify for most people.
    Yeah, I like using 3G. I'm so into phones I always like using the cellular network. I know, it's weird.

  15. #29
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    Last week here at work, I was throttling/buffering alot watching netflix and hulu, but this weekend I changed my prl and ran the nitriscript unthrottling hack (google it). Today I have been streaming with no buffering at all and I'm around 1.5gb half way thru my cycle.
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

  16. #30
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    Last week here at work, I was throttling/buffering alot watching netflix and hulu, but this weekend I changed my prl and ran the nitriscript unthrottling hack (google it). Today I have been streaming with no buffering at all and I'm around 1.5gb half way thru my cycle.
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Wow, that's amazing!

    I'm trying to update some applications right now and it seems like it's taking forever.

 

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner