Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: It's Sad That..

Phone
    EVO 4G

The prl I was using was averaging around 300 kbps DL and the one I put on this weekend stays around 900+ kbps DL. I don't know if its the prl or the hack that did the trick.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    The prl I was using was averaging around 300 kbps DL and the one I put on this weekend stays around 900+ kbps DL. I don't know if its the prl or the hack that did the trick.

I get less than 300 kbps when I'm throttled. I get around 100 kbps on average.

Phone
    EVO 4G

Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    Ouch

Yeah, it's horrible. My phone is still trying to download apps.

I'm scared to keep Cricket with these slow data speeds. I'm looking into a video surveillance system but it will be monitored mostly from my phone. How am I supposed to monitor video from seven cameras at 100 kbps?

Cricket needs to understand it's 2011 and we need data for a lot of things.

Just wait until 4G comes out.. I already have an idea of what I'd like to use that speed for..

I recently read that a new version of the Android Market is coming and it's going to be easy to get movies and books now. How am I supposed to enjoy movies through the Android market if I'll get throttled after watching one movie? That's crazy.

I'm disappointed in Cricket. I want to stay, but Virgin Mobile is looking more appealing. It's soon going to be the same price, without throttling.

I'll stick with Cricket for now though. I've been loyal to Cricket this long. I'm just hoping they change their ways.

This is why i don't even use Pandora on my phone .. i will keep using the car stereo .. sucks Data isnt unlimited anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kmass View Post
    This is why i don't even use Pandora on my phone .. i will keep using the car stereo .. sucks Data isnt unlimited anymore
    I'm hoping Cricket will change it. They need to realize 1 GB isn't enough. Virgin Mobile just revised their plans to throttle after 2.5 GB, which is more than double what Cricket is currently. Then, they throttle at 256 kbps, which is much more reasonable than around 100 kbps which is what I'm usually throttled at.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

What you people need to do is start calling Cricket wireless and telling them about how other cell phone providers are rising the data limit. Also, you need goto the My Cricket web site where you log into your account to pay your bills, and click on the Contact Us link. Fill out the form and then tell them these things. The more people start doing this, the faster Cricket may act. I fill out that form every chance I get because I know they do read every message left by costumers. I have gotten replies back from Cricket about a lot of ideas I had. So i do know Cricket wireless staff members do read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    What you people need to do is start calling Cricket wireless and telling them about how other cell phone providers are rising the data limit. Also, you need goto the My Cricket web site where you log into your account to pay your bills, and click on the Contact Us link. Fill out the form and then tell them these things. The more people start doing this, the faster Cricket may act. I fill out that form every chance I get because I know they do read every message left by costumers. I have gotten replies back from Cricket about a lot of ideas I had. So i do know Cricket wireless staff members do read them.
    We should set up a day and time for all of us to post on Cricket's Facebook and use the "Contact Us" link. If we all do it together at one time like you said it might work..

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    We should set up a day and time for all of us to post on Cricket's Facebook and use the "Contact Us" link. If we all do it together at one time like you said it might work..
    try it. the more people the better.

Raising the data limit? Verizon is taking unlimited data away! Thats opposite what you are trying to say.

As for the data limitation, it sucks but I work in the industry and its very expensive to supply it. realize that most of cricket's network is backhauled by t1's. Which means during the busy hours, meaning afternoon when you are at home and streaming a video, its pushing a t1 to maybe above half its limit, one other user doing the same now saturates it. T1's range in price but on average are between 250-700 depending on location and landline availability depending on capacity and ease of access(IE a cell tower on a hill far from a main road will cost more to get it installed and serviced)

With that in mind, two users saturation one t1 worth of bandwidth in an area is far exceeding the costs of the company. Until backhaul costs come down, This will not be a service offered by lower tier wireless carriers because of the costs.

It's easy when cable companies offer it, because they have dedicated bandwidth which is easily manageable in an area, and is cheap too, since their infrastructure was already laid out and could handle capacity as long as they put extra equipment in the path's. Wireless is different because sprectrum is expensive, and even after that, getting the data from the tower to the facility is also way more expensive per user. And that does not even cover the costs once its at a MSC, now we have to authenticate it and send it upstream, because each switch cannot be its own internet provider, hell half of the MSC's I worked at do not even have a PDSN to serve the subscribers, they send it upstream for cost savings..

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    Raising the data limit? Verizon is taking unlimited data away! Thats opposite what you are trying to say.

As for the data limitation, it sucks but I work in the industry and its very expensive to supply it. realize that most of cricket's network is backhauled by t1's. Which means during the busy hours, meaning afternoon when you are at home and streaming a video, its pushing a t1 to maybe above half its limit, one other user doing the same now saturates it. T1's range in price but on average are between 250-700 depending on location and landline availability depending on capacity and ease of access(IE a cell tower on a hill far from a main road will cost more to get it installed and serviced)

With that in mind, two users saturation one t1 worth of bandwidth in an area is far exceeding the costs of the company. Until backhaul costs come down, This will not be a service offered by lower tier wireless carriers because of the costs.

It's easy when cable companies offer it, because they have dedicated bandwidth which is easily manageable in an area, and is cheap too, since their infrastructure was already laid out and could handle capacity as long as they put extra equipment in the path's. Wireless is different because sprectrum is expensive, and even after that, getting the data from the tower to the facility is also way more expensive per user. And that does not even cover the costs once its at a MSC, now we have to authenticate it and send it upstream, because each switch cannot be its own internet provider, hell half of the MSC's I worked at do not even have a PDSN to serve the subscribers, they send it upstream for cost savings..
    I'd rather have quick speeds some of the time, and slow speeds when the network is busy, than get throttled and have slow speeds even when nobody is on the network.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

T1? Curious where you are getting that info from. That's bare minimum connectivity for a business. When I'm here in Austin I tend to think that I'm really on Sprint's network.

Sent from a Cricket HTC EVO 3D via Tapatalk.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    T1? Curious where you are getting that info from. That's bare minimum connectivity for a business. When I'm here in Austin I tend to think that I'm really on Sprint's network.

Sent from a Cricket HTC EVO 3D via Tapatalk.
    I've also heard from someone else that Cricket uses T1 lines. So, I guess it's true.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information