Mobile Broadband plans are going up by $5/month and most customers will get nationwide coverage with the change.

Some FAQ's:

When will Cricket Broadband customers get Nationwide 3G Coverage? :

Customers asked for it and we’re excited to deliver it: Nationwide 3G Coverage! On July 12, 2011, most Cricket Broadband customers will see their 3G coverage increase by nearly 2.5 times.

How do I activate Nationwide 3G Coverage on my Cricket Broadband device?

For eligible accounts: The steps are simple, and can be performed easily from your computer. There is no need to return to your local Cricket store. Please see the steps below for your Broadband modem.
Cricket A600: Insert your Broadband modem. Once the modem software opens, go to Options>Activation.
Cricket UM185C: Insert your Broadband modem. Once the modem software opens, go to Options>Activation.
Cricket A605: Insert your Broadband modem. Once the modem software opens, go to Options>Activation.
Cricket EC1705: Insert your Broadband modem. Once the modem software opens, go to Tools>Activation.
PCD UM100C: Insert your Broadband modem. Once the modem software opens, go to Tools>Activation.
Kyocera KPC650: Insert your Broadband modem. Once the modem software opens, go to Tools>Activation.

When are Cricket Broadband rate plan prices changing?

For New Activations and Reactivations: Broadband Rate Plans will contain the same usage and features as before PLUS Nationwide 3G coverage at a $5 increase over currently published rates effective July 12, 2011.

For Existing Customers (who activated after August 2, 2010): Existing customers on an impacted account will receive Nationwide 3G coverage beginning July 12. The first bill with increased pricing will be for customers with a bill due on August 11. Your bill will see an increase on or after this date. Effectively, giving all customers at least 1 month of free Nationwide 3G Coverage.

Is my Cricket Broadband account impacted by the pricing changes?

The new Nationwide 3G Coverage for Cricket Broadband and $5/mo pricing change impacts existing customers who purchased service after August 2, 2011. Cricket Broadband rate plans will increase for new activations on July 12, 2011 and will include Nationwide 3G Coverage.
View
support | Cricket Wireless

Note: Cricket Broadband customers who purchased their service at Walmart, Best Buy, or RadioShack are not impacted by the rate plan increase or coverage changes.

Can I remove Nationwide 3G Coverage from my Broadband account and save $5?

No. Nationwide 3G Coverage is a required feature on Cricket Broadband accounts impacted by these changes. Cricket offers other ways to save on their monthly bill such as bundling your Cricket Broadband with a Cricket Smartphone on the same account.

For more information, check out:
support | Cricket Wireless