Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    I still think anyone who goes over 1GB of data a month has way too much time on their hands.

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #17
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I still think anyone who goes over 1GB of data a month has way too much time on their hands.
    The majority of long time smartphone users would then fall into your category. New apps pop up everyday that suck down gb's. It doesn't take long to run thru 1gb if we use these phones the way they are designed to be used.

    Android and iPhone commercials are in our face hardcore with all the great apps to entice prospective smartphone shoppers. Verizon advertises the hell out of Netflix being preinstalled on their new smartphones.

    Sent from my Boost'd Evo using Tapatalk

  4. #18
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    The majority of long time smartphone users would then fall into your category. New apps pop up everyday that suck down gb's. It doesn't take long to run thru 1gb if we use these phones the way they are designed to be used.

    Android and iPhone commercials are in our face hardcore with all the great apps to entice prospective smartphone shoppers. Verizon advertises the hell out of Netflix being preinstalled on their new smartphones.

    Sent from my Boost'd Evo using Tapatalk
    According to the statistics your post is false.

    Also, most people work 9-5 AT LEAST, and have family and friends to spend time with, so to think the majority of smart phone users are streaming video and music all day is just not realistic.

    To add to this is the fact not all smart phone users have smart phones to play around, a lot of us use them to get things done, to aide us in business and our personal life. This is the main reason I use it.

    I have seen so many people with Android phones who haven't even downloaded one useful app, all the care about is fitting in with the rest of the "cool people"

    EDIT: It would be interesting to see the amount of people who bought phones because of things like face time, netflix, etc.. vs those who actually have used it for that reason after the initial purchase. I'm sure a high percentage of people have used these features maybe once or twice then forget about them until they feel the need to brag.
    Last edited by 154-4bdu114h; 08-29-2011 at 12:26 PM.

  5. #19
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    I do all of the above: wake up early for a workout while streaming music, work that 9-5er while streaming music, personal and business use, have a family, etc.

    Technology is rapidly growing and changing. The cell/data plans become dated quickly. If 1gb is enough for everyone, then why does every carrier except Cricket provide more than 1gb before a soft cap kicks in? There's a reason. Users demand data. Its only going to get worse as tablets come out more and new phones keep hitting the market. Data is the new hot commodity like electricity and water. We have become dependant on it. Tiered plans will prevail it appears.

    Sent from my Boost'd Evo using Tapatalk

  6. #20
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    To ad, its really not anyone's business why I use data and what I use it for. It's just like anything else: provide what I want for a fair price or I will go to a competitor that will. Competition is good. If u want to check email and I want to stream music or watch netflix, then so be it. It's my right to use the phone as I see put. I understand it may cost me more for usage, but give me the option. If you don't, another company will.

    Sent from my Boost'd Evo using Tapatalk

  7. #21
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    I think some people may forget what Cricket's business model is..

    I thought the point was to save money..

    Other people may have to cut the power cord and check into reality.

  8. #22
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I think some people may forget what Cricket's business model is..

    I thought the point was to save money..

    Other people may have to cut the power cord and check into reality.
    Good point. I have moved on from Cricket myself, but my wife is still with them and she is a user like u describe that uses very little data.

    I still like Cricket as they are an alt to the big 4 at a fair price, except the $55 plan IMO.

    Sent from my Boost'd Evo using Tapatalk

  9. #23
    Senior Member
    Points: 10,804, Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Woof's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 60
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    2,039
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I think some people may forget what Cricket's business model is..

    I thought the point was to save money..

    Other people may have to cut the power cord and check into reality.
    This amazes me as well sometimes. Cricket's goal is not to be everything to everyone. They have their model and if it does not suit you, there are other carriers that may do a better job (ksechrest is a good example).
    If Cricket isn't providing what you need, find a carrier that will.

    As to the 1gb cap, it is not only a business decision , it is also a technological one. The wireless data model has a finite amount of bandwidth and with the number of smart phones and bb modems on the network, there is only so much it can support. Sure Cricket could up the cap to 2gb, but then we'd just have threads about how poor the call quality is or how often a connection is dropped.
    If you want a bigger price of the pie, switch carriers. If you can't switch, accept what you get and move on. Constant complaining about one subject does nothing to endear you to anyone.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

    Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

  10. #24
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    This amazes me as well sometimes. Cricket's goal is not to be everything to everyone. They have their model and if it does not suit you, there are other carriers that may do a better job (ksechrest is a good example).
    If Cricket isn't providing what you need, find a carrier that will.

    As to the 1gb cap, it is not only a business decision , it is also a technological one. The wireless data model has a finite amount of bandwidth and with the number of smart phones and bb modems on the network, there is only so much it can support. Sure Cricket could up the cap to 2gb, but then we'd just have threads about how poor the call quality is or how often a connection is dropped.
    If you want a bigger price of the pie, switch carriers. If you can't switch, accept what you get and move on. Constant complaining about one subject does nothing to endear you to anyone.
    I still don't understand how increasing the cap to 2 GB would take away from call quality. I guess that is a question for Monty.

    The way I see it is, Cricket didn't have a problem with a 7.5 GB broadband plan. I think 7.5 GB's is a lot, so I don't see how 2 GB would hurt. The only thing I can think of is that there are probably a lot more people on the Android plan than on the 7.5 GB broadband plan. Then again, like I said before, I just think if there are a lot of people using data at one time that everyone should be equally slowed down so it doesn't take away from call quality. They don't need to try to keep everyone at full speeds.

    I still don't fully understand how the network works though. Hopefully Monty will see this thread.

  11. #25
    Jumpmaster
    Points: 2,456,084, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 456
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,421
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5



    They should have a magical plan creator. You get to choose your amount of minutes, texts, data and everything on a sliding scale. You also choose the cost of your plan on a sliding scale :-). They write an algorithm for the whole thing and bam. Your plan. So Smart, So Cricket!
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

    If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

  12. #26
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    They should have a magical plan creator. You get to choose your amount of minutes, texts, data and everything on a sliding scale. You also choose the cost of your plan on a sliding scale :-). They write an algorithm for the whole thing and bam. Your plan. So Smart, So Cricket!
    That's what I was thinking! That would be great!

  13. #27
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    I wonder what the plans are going to be for those in non-Cricket markets for Android and Muve Music.

    My guess is if they're going to offer minute plans for non-Cricket markets that they will soon come out with minute plans for us who are already in a Cricket market.

    I think $45/month for 1,000 minutes on Android would be good (unlimited messaging and 1 GB of data of course).

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Three Smartphone Data Plans for Less Than $30
    By CU-News in forum Cricket News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2011, 03:40 PM
  2. What are your plans for the 4th of July?
    By Chris Rodriguez in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 08:46 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 07:11 AM
  4. New PhoneArena Feature: Plans
    By CU-News in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 10:52 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 10:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner