Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

moved from Colorado to Florida in Sept 2011 and a few days ago this all happened..

My husband and I have Cricket phones from Colorado where we lived and have been in Florida sense Sept 2011 now and our Cricket phones have worked just fine, no problems at all. then all of a sudden this past Monday 4-2-12 our phones stopped allowing us to make OUT-GOING calls this began in the evening on that day.. and the recorded message we get is PSL02 your call can not be completed as diled. ... I have contacted Cricket several times and went through ALL the codes and stuff to get it to work, (*228 and ##626* and all the codes that go with it, and I have even took my battery out while still on, plus all these other things they told us to do through our settings..STILL we can not make any out going calls... I don't want to switch to Metro Pcs if I don't have to,,,I don't know what else to do. I wonder IF we bought NEW cricket phones ONLINE and told them we live in FL will they ALWAYS work or will be face the same thing... cuz they told us yesterday they can't seem to help us with the codes beings that we are in FL Can anyone shed some light on this?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

The same thing happened to me on 4/2/12 except I am from Maryland. I have lived down in FL for 2 years and this has happened only one time before and I did not receive an error code and was fixed promptly.
    I called Cricket and they offered nothing. They continue to blame it on the phone setting and other company's antennas. Of course it has nothing at all to do with Cricket...BS!!!!! It's not the phone. It's not the other companies. It's Cricket but they refuse to accept responsibly for their service. Only one good thing from this is that they will reimburse for days that we are unable to use our phones but you must notify Cricket Customer Service for this.

If you were in a native Cricket market before (where Cricket has their own towers) and moved to an area without Cricket towers, where Cricket has an agreement with Sprint, the phone might not continue to work because it is considered roaming. I'm not sure if you can switch the phone over to the Nationwide PAYGo service, or if you'd need to purchase a new phone online. If you purchase a new PAYGo phone online (or at Best Buy), it should work fine.

Phone
    Mercury M886

(((...just one more reason for me NEVER to go to Florida))

Overall activity: 1.0%

Purchase of phone

I have a monthly auto pay agreement with Cricket. Of course I have to pay before the beginning of the month but still have a auto pay agreement. If I purchase a phone on-line and have it sent to Florida, it will work?

Quote Originally Posted by AugustineAl View Post
    I have a monthly auto pay agreement with Cricket. Of course I have to pay before the beginning of the month but still have a auto pay agreement. If I purchase a phone on-line and have it sent to Florida, it will work?
    If you purchase the phone online, after typing in your zip code on the website, it should work. If you purchase it at Best Buy, it should also work. These phones are programmed to work on Sprint's network, so you shouldn't have a problem. The problem might come when you want to transfer your service. I'm not sure how smoothly that is going to go. It might be a little bit of a hassle, since you're switching from regular monthly, to PAYGo. There isn't a corporate store to go to in your area, so you'd need to rely on 1-800-CRICKET, and using the support tab on their Facebook page. I would give 1-800-CRICKET a try first, and explain your situation to see if they can help you out.

The other option would be to see if you can program your phone to work on Sprint's network. I don't think *228 would do that because it is still trying to program on Cricket's native network. It's possible you could load one of the Nationwide PAYGo PRLs off of a Best Buy PAYGo phone, but I'm not sure if that would work. You'd need to find someone on here that can help you out with that.

So, before you do anything, I would call Cricket and explain your situation. If that doesn't work, use the support tab. The more I think about it, the more I think you shouldn't need to purchase a new phone. You are using an actual Cricket phone, not a flashed phone, correct? If so, explain to Cricket you need the phone to work the same as the Best Buy phones work, with one of those PRLs. Hopefully they will be able to help you out.

Thread Information