Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Moving your Cricket Flashed LTE Phone to the New Cricket

This only applies to "Global" LTE phones such as most Verizon LTE phones including the Droid Razr series, Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, etc...

You need to make sure your phone supports GSM. A quick way is to google "phone name, model, specs" and check the phonearena link to make sure GSM is listed.

If it is your next step is to find out how to unlock it for US Carriers. Most of this information is readily available on XDA Developers website. The Razr M is quite simple fortunately and so is the Verizon S4/S5 but the sprint ones take a lot more work.

I used a Straight Talk sim to verify and will be heading to cricket shortly to get my sim and convert.

For the Razr M all the APN's for ATT were already present and switching the network settings to gsm/utms let me edit the APN's. I setup for straight talk and immediately got H+ internet.

I'll update once I have the cricket sim in. This is a great option for anyone with a "NON-CRICKET" LTE phone that was flashed to the old cricket.

Just note, you won't get LTE. And also to note the Old CDMA Cricket LTE phones DON'T have GSM so this won't work for them.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Since we don't have a proper section yet I just flashed my Verizon Droid Razr M to the new GSM Cricket.

It took a few minutes of changing some radio settings w/ CDMA WS (there are other ways as well). Then insert sim and go.

Getting HSPA+ around 4mb/sec.

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

hmmm i like this VZW to CKT..... interesting makes since... i wounder if that since its LTE it might get LTE,

i know that a T-mobile Samsung s4/s3 if you put in 4G or 4G AT&T sim u only get 2G web but have access to AT&T LTE service and the T-mobile device gets real att lte... so makes me wounder last time i try i put h2o wireless in it and only got 2g, but with CKT 4G LTE it might get LTE on vzw phones

this is for sure FOOD 4 THOUGHT!

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Sparkle View Post
    hmmm i like this VZW to CKT..... interesting makes since... i wounder if that since its LTE it might get LTE,

i know that a T-mobile Samsung s4/s3 if you put in 4G or 4G AT&T sim u only get 2G web but have access to AT&T LTE service and the T-mobile device gets real att lte... so makes me wounder last time i try i put h2o wireless in it and only got 2g, but with CKT 4G LTE it might get LTE on vzw phones

this is for sure FOOD 4 THOUGHT!
    Without a custom radio rom, I doubt it. I'm not getting LTE, I'm getting HSPA+. LTE is based on GSM technology (hence the sim requirement).

Most companies for LTE just went with a Global Phone since the radios were pretty much already there and other requirements. I.E. very minimal cost difference, if any.

All of those phones that are LTE Global are going to be able to get HSPA+ on AT&T if they can be flashed to support US GSM Networks.

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

So an iPhone 4s could be used on the new network?

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Of course the AT&T one can and so can the Cricket one. The Verizon one theoretically can, but I don't know if anyone has tried flashing it over.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 4

Has anyone tried putting att SIM card in Verizon phone without change?

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWay View Post
    Has anyone tried putting att SIM card in Verizon phone without change?
    It won't work. Verizon blocks all US GSM Carriers. They have to be unlocked in some cases and in others they have to have software edited in order to enable US GSM Carriers.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 4

I have a droid 4 (flashed to cricket) but flashing a patch will enable GSM Global. I'm considering switching to new service just to see how service is now.
    Last edited by WickedWay; 05-26-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWay View Post
    I have a droid 4 (flashed to cricket) but flashing a patch will enable GSM Global. I'm considering switching to new service just to see how service is now.
    It should get the same speeds I'm getting on my Razr M. HSPA+ at 4 to 7mbps.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

My cricket galaxy s3 says it supports gsm. I also entered my imei into cricket website its says it compatible. So my question is if I buy the sim and pop it in will my phone now be running on the new network gsm and will I get 4g?

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Quote Originally Posted by gregm412 View Post
    My cricket galaxy s3 says it supports gsm. I also entered my imei into cricket website its says it compatible. So my question is if I buy the sim and pop it in will my phone now be running on the new network gsm and will I get 4g?

WARNING!!!!
    Cricket website BYOP IMEI check is full of bugs, they forgot to spray it with a BUG SPRAY, aka Raid, so now the site is running with bugs and telling people you can bring Sprint, Verizon, tmobile, china phones to cricket locked or unlocked and even telling them YOUR PHONE IS on the nanional lost or stolen list WHEN ITS NOT

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Has anyone tried to activate a phone despite a bad imei warning? Or does the system deny activation if their faulty imei "check" says its bad.

sent from the future.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Sparkle View Post

WARNING!!!!
    Cricket website BYOP IMEI check is full of bugs, they forgot to spray it with a BUG SPRAY, aka Raid, so now the site is running with bugs and telling people you can bring Sprint, Verizon, tmobile, china phones to cricket locked or unlocked and even telling them YOUR PHONE IS on the nanional lost or stolen list WHEN ITS NOT
    Thanks I also have a Motorola droid ultra from verizon with a bad esn. Can I use it? its supposed to be factory unlocked and will I finally get 4g with it?

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Samsung Galaxy S III Cricket specs

Please find the GSM antenna on that site.... I know, it's not there.

If you find a site that says the Cricket Galaxy S3 has a GSM antenna I would like to see it.

At this point both the Cricket S3 and S4 are showing with no GSM antenna at all. You can't use non-existent hardware so they will not support the new Cricket Network.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information