Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by zoofer View Post
    Tuesday. I guess technically this begins my second week on Cricket and still my issues haven't been resolved, despite the kind assistance of cricketusers.com forum moderator Woof. Here is where I am at the start of Week 2:
    • Phone number ported from Sprint works
    • SMS messaging doesn't work
    • Voice mail doesn't work
    • Phone number ported from Sprint not recognized as valid at myCricket website
    • Phone number displayed on Cricket phone is the original number issued by Cricket, not the ported Sprint number
    Of course I've done a *228 every couple of hours. I'm getting tired of that music!

My patience with Cricket support is wearing thin. I was assured by a 2nd level supervisor on Saturday that my issues would absolutely, positively be resolved no later than 6 PM on Monday. I have repeatedly been assured by the phone agent that my issues had been elevated to tech support when - in fact - there was no record of such elevation when Woof did some investigating on my behalf.

I continue to hope that these issues will be resolved soon, but it's difficult to be patient when it appears that I've been lied to by the voice on the other end of the phone. I greatly appreciate the help I've been offered on this forum and maybe - just maybe - today is the day???

KC

Update #1: At 8:45 AM I am once again on the phone with Cricket support. Boy do I hate that music they play while I'm on hold...

Update #2: Supervisor says because Cricket is updating their software they cannot tell me when my issues will be fixed. Got her to promise that one of her managers (Chris or Richard) will call me at 1 PM to discuss this mess. I highly doubt that I will hear from either of them. We will see...
    Just for fun I called porting again.. They say it's almost done. Needs some manual provisioning or something.

The said they would call ME when it's completed. We'll see about that. Hopefully this gets fixed for you today.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

2. Remove this advertisement.

As I figured, I did not hear from either of the two managers at 1 PM as promised. At 3 PM I called porting and asked to speak to either manager (Chris or Richard), whichever was available. After a few minutes on hold (listing to that insipid tune over and over and OVER) the agent came back on the line and advised me that they were both at a Corporate meeting (!) but she would have one of them call me as soon as they were finished. Since I was about to leave for home, I asked the agent to have the manager call me at my home phone in a half hour. She assured me that she would give the info to the manager and that I would get a call at home.

As of 6:45 PM this evening, there has been no phone call from either manager. No surprise there.

During my research for inexpensive cell service providers, I had read about the abysmal customer service that Cricket provides, but I never would have believed it without experiencing it first hand. It seems that the goal of their phone agents are to tell you what you want to hear and get you off the phone ASAP so they can move on to the next caller. Granted, once my immediate Cricket problems are resolved - and I firmly believe that they WILL be resolved eventually - I can't imagine ever calling Cricket's customer service phone agents again.

But if Cricket thinks after they get my phone service fixed I'm just going to go away quietly, they are sadly mistaken. In addition to my rantings here, I will make sure EVERYONE I know hears about my negative experience with Cricket's customer service. If Cricket Corporate were smart they would have someone at the home office keep an eye on Cricket-related forums, such as this one, and nip potential problems in the bud before they get out of hand.

Woof, thank you again for being an advocate for someone that you don't even know who could really use your help. You don't know how much it is appreciated.

Tomorrow is another day. Will post an update if/when everything gets fixed.

KC

Cricket is great, but their customer service isn't (as you now know). After you get everything fixed, you should be fine. Most of us don't need to call customer service often. You need to be careful, or they might block you from calling customer service (if they still do that). It has happened to me before. The calls will start going in a loop and you won't be able to get anybody.

Wednesday. Made my daily call to Cricket's porting department and got supervisor Zeke. He is the same supervisor who gave me a $25 credit for all the trouble I've been having when I spoke with him last week. He basically restated what he said to me last week, that sometime Thursday morning my phone will suddenly stop working which indicates that the 'provisioning' has been completed. Then a *228 will get me back online with everything working as it should.

I told him that was what he told me before, but he insisted that this time the technical situation was different somehow and it should definitely work. He also took my home phone number and said he would call tomorrow morning to verify that everything was working. At this point I have no confidence that any of this will actually happen, but if it isn't resolved tomorrow, I think I will bail out of Cricket and give Republic Wireless' $19/month service a shot. The 550 minutes they allow is almost twice what Cricket's $25/month PayGo allows, plus you get a no-contract low-end LG Android phone for $99 using Sprint's towers.

Might go that route even if the phone gets fixed.

More to follow.

KC

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

zoofer Republics service is strictly wifi. If theres no wifi signal, no phone calls. Read that last night. FYI.

I'll see if I can help on your line.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    zoofer Republics service is strictly wifi. If theres no wifi signal, no phone calls. Read that last night. FYI.

I'll see if I can help on your line.
    Republic (from what I have read) defaults to WiFi if it's available, otherwise it uses Sprint's network. Moot point anyhow as they are no longer accepting new customers until they clear their order backlog, and those people who were able to sign up won't get their phone for several weeks. Guess they way underestimated the demand!

Once again, anything you can do to expedite the fixing of my line is appreciated. As a dealer do you have to deal with the same gateway people I do, or do you get to go directly to the higher level folks? I can only get to the supervisor level when I call, and the supervisors absolutely refuse me any contact with an actual tech support person. I can't even get an email address.

KC

Republic (from what I have read) defaults to WiFi if it's available, otherwise it uses Sprint's network. Moot point anyhow as they are no longer accepting new customers until they clear their order backlog, and those people who were able to sign up won't get their phone for several weeks. Guess they way underestimated the demand!

Once again, anything you can do to expedite the fixing of my line is appreciated. As a dealer do you have to deal with the same gateway people I do, or do you get to go directly to the higher level folks? I can only get to the supervisor level when I call, and the supervisors absolutely refuse me any contact with an actual tech support person. I can't even get an email address.

KC
    If you do decide to try out Republic Wireless, please let me know how you like it. I'd like to see what people think about the service. If the orders open back up, you probably won't get the phone until January, unless they get an unexpected shipment of phones in or something.

Phone
    Android

I've done *228 several times but no success with the SMS issue. And I did not put a 1 on the front of the number I'm trying to text (thanks avenue).

One thing that I did notice was that although the porting of my Sprint mobile number to my new Cricket phone is supposedly complete, the original Cricket phone number is still showing up on the phone (Menu, Settings, Phone Info, Phone Number). I tried to manually change the number on the phone to the newly ported number using ##626*, but the next time I did a *228 it changed back to the Cricket number. Very weird, especially since the ported number works on both inbound and outbound calls.

I'll wait until all these issues are ironed out, then do an ESN swap and see if I can get the Evo 4G going on Cricket. Should be fun!

KC

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

You are correct woof, I live in Waterloo, Iowa. The only plans available to me on Cricket were the PayGo $25 / 300 minute plan and the PayGo $35 / 1000 minute plan, so the lack of unlimited plans antomatically put me outside of a Cricket home area. But all I need is talk & text, and I rarely ever went over 200 minutes per month, even when I was on Sprint's unlimited plan. Now my wife's mobile phone usage is another matter entirely, which is why she is on Virgin Mobile with 1500 minutes for $30. But there was little chance of me ever getting my Evo on Virgin Mobile, so that's why I chose Cricket.

Combined we're still paying less than half of what Sprint was charging, so we're happy with that.

KC

kc just a reminder. after manual programming the phone by dialing ##626* and changing mdn min and putting the the correct sid on the phone click done. and you dont have to dial *228 anymore on the phone since it is already manual program. just try to use the service that your having problem with.. ^^, and it should work.. if still having problem go to the nearest full service cricket store.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket_tech View Post
    kc just a reminder. after manual programming the phone by dialing ##626* and changing mdn min and putting the the correct sid on the phone click done. and you dont have to dial *228 anymore on the phone since it is already manual program. just try to use the service that your having problem with.. ^^, and it should work.. if still having problem go to the nearest full service cricket store.
    There probably isn't a full service Cricket store near zoofer because it is in a nationwide area, not a regular Cricket market.

Adios Cricket

Well guys, it's time to say buh-bye to Cricket.

But the news is not all bad. Remember that it was always my intention to use my Sprint Evo 4G on Cricket. That was the only reason I stuck it out so long trying to get the service working correctly. But the problems with Cricket prompted me to keep looking for a low-cost carrier that would let me use my Evo - and I found one. Page Plus offers a no contract plan with 1200 minutes + 3000 SMS/MMS + 100MB data using Verizon's towers for $30/month. I called their 800 number and told them straight up that I wanted to use my Evo 4G on their network. The agent said no problem; I gave them my MEID, they gave me a phone number and all the info I needed to program my Evo (MIN, SID, etc.). Two hours later my Evo is working perfectly on Page Plus (many thanks to the folks at Howard Forums for the step-by-step procedure).

Although my experience with Cricket's customer service was awful, my experience here at cricketusers.com has been exceptional. Many thanks to everyone who offered their advice and assistance, and especially Woof who did everything possible to try to get my Cricket line fully operational. You are the best!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

KC

Well guys, it's time to say buh-bye to Cricket.

But the news is not all bad. Remember that it was always my intention to use my Sprint Evo 4G on Cricket. That was the only reason I stuck it out so long trying to get the service working correctly. But the problems with Cricket prompted me to keep looking for a low-cost carrier that would let me use my Evo - and I found one. Page Plus offers a no contract plan with 1200 minutes + 3000 SMS/MMS + 100MB data using Verizon's towers for $30/month. I called their 800 number and told them straight up that I wanted to use my Evo 4G on their network. The agent said no problem; I gave them my MEID, they gave me a phone number and all the info I needed to program my Evo (MIN, SID, etc.). Two hours later my Evo is working perfectly on Page Plus (many thanks to the folks at Howard Forums for the step-by-step procedure).

Although my experience with Cricket's customer service was awful, my experience here at cricketusers.com has been exceptional. Many thanks to everyone who offered their advice and assistance, and especially Woof who did everything possible to try to get my Cricket line fully operational. You are the best!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

KC
    I'm glad you found something that works for you! That plan is only $5 more than what you were paying with Cricket, and you get access to Verzion's network! You just need to be careful with data since you only get 100 MB.

I'm glad you had a good experience here.

If there is anything we can do to help in the future, just let us know. The cellular industry changes a lot, so something might change and you might be back with Cricket. You never know!

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    You just need to be careful with data since you only get 100 MB.
    That's for sure. In fact I've had to turn my cellular data off completely until I can get the Evo configured to minimize unintended data usage. Lots of syncing, email checking, and auto updating happening all the time on that phone. No biggie when you have unlimited data. Luckily I have WiFi access almost everywhere I go.

One last episode in the saga of My Adventures with Cricket. Supervisor Zeke called me at home this morning to let me know that the problem on their end was fixed, and that I could do a *228 in 10 minutes and my phone would be fully operational. So I waited 30 minutes and tried it - still no good. So I boxed up the Chrono and prepared to ship it back to Cricket HQ.

This afternoon prior to leaving for the post office, I remembered that I hadn't powered the phone off when I boxed it up. So I pulled it out of the box and did one last *228 before turning it off for good.

This time it worked.

The End.

KC

That's for sure. In fact I've had to turn my cellular data off completely until I can get the Evo configured to minimize unintended data usage. Lots of syncing, email checking, and auto updating happening all the time on that phone. No biggie when you have unlimited data. Luckily I have WiFi access almost everywhere I go.

One last episode in the saga of My Adventures with Cricket. Supervisor Zeke called me at home this morning to let me know that the problem on their end was fixed, and that I could do a *228 in 10 minutes and my phone would be fully operational. So I waited 30 minutes and tried it - still no good. So I boxed up the Chrono and prepared to ship it back to Cricket HQ.

This afternoon prior to leaving for the post office, I remembered that I hadn't powered the phone off when I boxed it up. So I pulled it out of the box and did one last *228 before turning it off for good.

This time it worked.

The End.

KC
    Thank you for all of the updates.

Have a good time with Page Plus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information