Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since
    Feb 2011

the new cricket no longer accepts my card for auto pay ?

Been a Cricket customer for over 2 years. Used my pay card a few months after I became a Cricket customer. Now after AT&T took over I was biding my time to get a new phone to switch (had a CDMA Galaxy S3). My phone died and forced my hand to make the switch to the new Cricket service.

The customer service rep told me that I had to 're set up my auto pay (I wondered why). We tried to set it up but the guy told me my card was a gift card and could not be used. My card is NOT a gift card, it a pay card, I get payed on this card. I pay my netflix bill, my hulu bill, my car insurance, and the old cricket auto pay, and other bills, so why can I no longer use my card to pay my bill, or use it for auto pay.

What makes the new cricket so different now to where they no longer accept my card for auto pay ?, I set up auto pay so I won't have to travel to pay my bill, and so I won't be charged a store fee just to pay my bill.

I am asking why cant I no longer use my card to auto pay my bill when I had no issues using it for auto pay before, this whole thing has me beyond mad, it has me almost to the point on switching carriers even though I just bought a phone for the new service.

My card is NOT a loadable card you get at walmarts, my card is NOT a gift card, my card is how I receive my pay.

This thing has my very disappointed with the new Cricket.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, and sorry for the rant. But it had to be done and had to be said.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

try to contact your bank or the provider of your card and see why it's being flagged as a prepaid card. . all i can think of. we can no longer take payments with greendot or other prepaid cards etc over the phone.

edit: if you're paid on the card it's a reloadable card
    Last edited by indica; 08-13-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Customer Since
    Feb 2011

My pay card is from SSI as I am disabled, that is how I get my pay. Now I have to drive to a ATM (a $3 fee), and drive to a store (yet another fee to pay my bill).

Why can you no longer accept my card, what changes so much to make it where you don't ?.

I used my card for 2 1/2 years for auto pay, why change it now. It definitely feels as though Cricket has became even less consumer friendly after the change. Its to the point where it makes me want to find another service, one thay actually accepts my so called gift card.

It feels a bit like discrimination if you ask me.

I can ise my card all over the place, just not to auto pay my phone bill, I don't get it.
    Last edited by madmax2069; 08-13-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Because ATT wants "guaranteed pay" from a credit card. And not deal with inadequate/no funds from a debit/pay card. If netflix can deduct from your pay card then you should be able to go online and transfer money to another account. So go get a secured $300 credit card and use that for the phone and just keep transfering money online each month to the credit card. In other words, be creative and find the easiest solution.

Customer Since
    Feb 2011

I am not going to get a CC just to pay my bill, I should not have to. This card is a guaranteed pay for them, it has been for the past 2 1/2 years I've been a customer of Cricket.

If that's the case I will just find a different carrier. There's plenty to choose from that happily accepts my card.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Then thats the easiest solution. Good luck!

Thread Information