Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    admin's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    85


    1 out of 1 members liked this post.

    New Cricket Wireless Plans / AIO Wireless Plans

    Here's the first information that I've obtained about the upcoming plan changes for the new Cricket Wireless. As details about visual voicemail and other features pop up, I'll include them in this post.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newcricket_plans_Cu.jpg 
Views:	2744 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	4791


    With this much known, what are your thoughts?

    UPDATED:

    And the products start rolling in...



    UPDATE 2:

    Here are some of the phone placards for the release day devices.

    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-16-2014 at 09:16 PM.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM THIS ACCOUNT. WE WILL NOT RESPOND*

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,120, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Spokane Valley, Wa
    Posts
    2



    I have enjoyed 10 GB and tethering when necessary for work even though I have never used the whole 10 it was nice knowing I had plenty. I will have to wait & see. The ATT&T sucks/is great ratio is running about 3 to 1 among my personal acquaintances

  4. #3
    Member
    Points: 2,279, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    56



    Quote Originally Posted by dhamman View Post
    I have enjoyed 10 GB and tethering when necessary for work even I have never used the whole 10 it was nice knowing I had plenty. I will have to wait & see. The ATT&T sucks/is great ratio is running about 3 to 1 among my personal acquaintances
    i dont see any changes from the current cricket prices. i hope we keep our discounts besides auto billpay... such as the lifeline and $5 for each additional line... we have three lines and pay $112.98 per month

  5. #4
    Member
    Points: 1,550, Level: 22
    Overall activity: 6.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    59




    What AT&T's Rumored Sale of Muve Music Would Mean For Cricket Customers | Prepaid Phone News



    Looks like there may be some changes, or loss, to Muve Music.


  6. #5
    Member
    Points: 2,279, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    56



    I don't like muve music as the bit rate sucks so bad a deaf person can hear the difference and to locate a call back tone
    Out of the top twenty is so hard it's not worth it

    ---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

    Muve music good riddance
    To bad rubbish

  7. #6
    It's life, live it!
    Points: 4,388, Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    short6in's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 66
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Customer Since
    1995
    Location
    Out there!
    Posts
    451
    Phone
    Galaxy S4



    Less for more.... I currently have the 50 a month plan with 5 gigs and now I gotta pay another $10 to keep it when I move over to the GSM Network. No surprise there...
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

    Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Points: 21,620, Level: 92
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    indica's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 63
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,317
    Phone
    samsung Chrono



    Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    Less for more.... I currently have the 50 a month plan with 5 gigs and now I gotta pay another $10 to keep it when I move over to the GSM Network. No surprise there...
    yea, we will sorely miss lifeline and tethering (mobile hotspot) but there may be hope in the future if AT&T plans to become more competitive.

    "Beats is positioned as a premium product that AT&T sells to postpaid family plan users at a subsidized price of $15/month for up to five lines"
    muve was always positioned as a pay for service. it's easy to use and some customers really liked it. i wish i could say for sure what will happen. still do think muve will be sold or killed. as an alternative to muve there are a million streaming services, i use youtube downloader like offliberty.com for most of the new music i get.

  9. #8
    Member
    Points: 2,279, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    56



    Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    yea, we will sorely miss lifeline and tethering (mobile hotspot) but there may be hope in the future if AT&T plans to become more competitive.

    "Beats is positioned as a premium product that AT&T sells to postpaid family plan users at a subsidized price of $15/month for up to five lines"
    muve was always positioned as a pay for service. it's easy to use and some customers really liked it. i wish i could say for sure what will happen. still do think muve will be sold or killed. as an alternative to muve there are a million streaming services, i use youtube downloader like offliberty.com for most of the new music i get.
    Muve quality of music is so bad I refuse to use it. The bit rate is so bad I would not even want the leader of North Korea to listen to it as it would be a war crime

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Points: 924, Level: 16
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    2



    I have some info to share. All Aio store should be the New Cricket by this Sunday.
    All Phone 4S and up should be able to get a sim card installed. Sims card is $10 Transferring your number should be free. Same prices as Cricket has now. $40, $50, $60 Plans. If you get the new service it will be about $77 for your first payment ($50 plan with sim card $10 and activation fee $15 with tax). You'll be paying for the first month bill basically. According to Cricket all of their iPhones should be unlocked. So they'll just need your IMEI to check if it works with the service. You can check it now on the Aio website. iPhones 5, 5S and 5C will have 4G and LTE service. Up to 8 Mbps on LTE and 4 Mbps on 4G. They'll go through the process of transferring your number and if you have a iPhone 5, 5S, or 5C, they will install a aio/cricket nano sim. Very simple process should take about 30-45 mins. Also it is recommended by the employees to do the transfer by your next bill. So you won't be double charged.

    Here is the new cricket logo.
    photo.jpg

  11. #10
    Member
    Points: 2,279, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    56



    Quote Originally Posted by deathbat110 View Post
    I have some info to share. All Aio store should be the New Cricket by this Sunday.
    All Phone 4S and up should be able to get a sim card installed. Sims card is $10 Transferring your number should be free. Same prices as Cricket has now. $40, $50, $60 Plans. If you get the new service it will be about $77 for your first payment ($50 plan with sim card $10 and activation fee $15 with tax). You'll be paying for the first month bill basically. According to Cricket all of their iPhones should be unlocked. So they'll just need your IMEI to check if it works with the service. You can check it now on the Aio website. iPhones 5, 5S and 5C will have 4G and LTE service. Up to 8 Mbps on LTE and 4 Mbps on 4G. They'll go through the process of transferring your number and if you have a iPhone 5, 5S, or 5C, they will install a aio/cricket nano sim. Very simple process should take about 30-45 mins. Also it is recommended by the employees to do the transfer by your next bill. So you won't be double charged.

    Here is the new cricket logo.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	1057 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	4793
    I thought the new logo was the 60's peace sign in the leaked ad

  12. #11
    Member
    Points: 2,507, Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    105



    " Also it is recommended by the employees to do the transfer by your next bill. So you won't be double charged."


    What does that mean? Double charged for what? My daughter has a Cricket iPhone 5s. When are they starting the transitions of the iPhones?

  13. #12
    Junior Member
    Points: 924, Level: 16
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    2



    Quote Originally Posted by rsdin559 View Post
    " Also it is recommended by the employees to do the transfer by your next bill. So you won't be double charged."


    What does that mean? Double charged for what? My daughter has a Cricket iPhone 5s. When are they starting the transitions of the iPhones?

    Like say you just paid your bill, and getting your new cricket service is a whole new bill. Basically it's if you have two phone bills. But the employee said you can get a refund if that happens. They are doing the iPhones as of now, at Aio stores but not officially till Sunday. The way it's setup is as if your doing the BYOD to Aio wireless.

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Points: 21,620, Level: 92
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    indica's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 63
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,317
    Phone
    samsung Chrono



    Quote Originally Posted by rsdin559 View Post
    " Also it is recommended by the employees to do the transfer by your next bill. So you won't be double charged."
    What does that mean? Double charged for what? My daughter has a Cricket iPhone 5s. When are they starting the transitions of the iPhones?
    no phones will transition by itself. you will have to go to a store to migrate your device to the GSM network. when you migrate your services over to the GSM you will have to pay 1 month up front just like before. if you just payed your cdma bill, you will get a full pro-rated credit toward your next GSM bill, but you will still have to pay for first month on the GSM service up front. so you will NOT BE DOUBLE CHARGED and will get a credit for all the days you have left. we will just recommend to switch over to GSM the day your bill is due or after to not have to worry about pro-rates and stuff.

  15. #14
    Member
    Points: 2,507, Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    105



    Thanks for the info. It's hard being in the dark. Let us know when you learn anything new.

  16. #15
    Member
    Points: 2,279, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    56



    I went to cricket and was told only charged for the phone and no bill or sim charge only pay for the phone

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner