Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Apr 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

NEW Wifi Calling Technology!! Better Signal In Buildings :)

Ok, first of all, I'm not a spambot, marketer, or affiliated with this company in any way.
    Second, I've been a customer with Cricket for about 4 years, and while they have grown significantly and have vastly better coverage than when I started, I still have lived in places such as where I am now where I BARELY get a signal in my house. I'm sure many of us Cricket Users have experienced the same. Now here's a new technology that I just discovered on the blog
    Revolution Wi-Fi

. It's called
    Smart WiFi

. Rather than explaining it, I'll let you check out the video on their site.

Suffice it to say, if Cricket would also sign-up with their service, they stand to benefit immensely and could really capitalize on marketing this new technology for all of us subscribers. If you like this technology and think it's promising, please write letters to or call (1-800-274-2538) Cricket and encourage them to implement it. Let's make our voice heard. A business will certainly answer the calling of their customers. It's demand that drives the market and makes businesses successful.

Cheers

2. Remove this advertisement.

I've thought about something like this before. I do think Cricket should allow calls over WiFi. Do you think it might be cheaper for Cricket to use their own technology instead of paying another company to do it? Especially on Android devices, Cricket can get an application developed that will run in the background and connect to WiFi networks for calls and text messages. I think that would be cheaper than partnering with another company to provide the same service.

From the research I've done, VoIP is cheap. I'm not sure how much money it will save Cricket, but it would definitely give people another reason to choose them over other carriers.

Phone
    Nexus S 4G

free sip calling is easy enough on any android device. over 3g.. over wifi.. whatevs.

plenty of free sip clients and services.

Quote Originally Posted by autoprime View Post
    free sip calling is easy enough on any android device. over 3g.. over wifi.. whatevs.

plenty of free sip clients and services.
    Yeah, it can be done on the users end, but it would be a selling point for Cricket if they did something similar on their end.

Customer Since
    Apr 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

That's exactly what I mean avenue. Thanks for the comments gents. I kinda regret not posting a poll with this post for some visual feedback of how many people actually wrote Cricket's Headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by phunky View Post
    That's exactly what I mean avenue. Thanks for the comments gents. I kinda regret not posting a poll with this post for some visual feedback of how many people actually wrote Cricket's Headquarters.
    For Cricket to really get the message you would need a lot of people on your side. I'm sure Cricket has already considered something like this, so for them to actually act on it I would think customers would need to show that they are interested in the product.

Thread Information