Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Online Upgrade Phone Problem?

Anyone know whats goin on with the upgrade Phone option online it wont let me upgrade my phone and i talked to someone on the chat on the website and they told me it was unavaliable for the rest of the year?? Im trying to get the Sanyo Zio for $49.99 like it has it on there and they said the stores wont give u the web only discounts but this one is a instant discount what should i do??

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Is it giving you a specific error? It won't let you upgrade.. What does it say exactly?

The more information you can provide, the more someone may be able to help you.

You can always try going to a corporate store to see if they would honor the price. That is if they even have any in stock..

Colione

Avenue, corporate stores in our area have the Zio at that price. Dealers vary. The upgrade option on the website is down until further notice. Customers have to visit a store to get a new phone.

Edit: Yes, corporate stores (or mine at least) have plenty in stock. As before, dealers vary and i'm not sure about their inventory. I'd visit the store to see if they have it available.
    Last edited by Colione; 09-30-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Add info

It just tells me when I add a phone to cart and select upgrade current Phone to this one its telling me unable to process right now try agian later.I called the Corpraate store and the guy on the phone sounded like he knew absolutly nothing maybe he was new or something?? But i talked to someone on web support over the phone and she said they are currently upgrading the system online and that if i go to the store they will honor the price and if not to call back so thats what im going for I just want the Zio for $49.99 thats a great price for a droid phone and showing it online and not being able to get it is a damn tease to me lol

Colione

Nah, it's been happening for at least the past 2 or 3 months. What area are you in? If you are near my store (I'd rather not say on here since I'm in a corporate store and they tend to frown upon employees being on these forums) but if you are in my area, i'd be able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Colione View Post
    Avenue, corporate stores in our area have the Zio at that price. Dealers vary. The upgrade option on the website is down until further notice. Customers have to visit a store to get a new phone.

Edit: Yes, corporate stores (or mine at least) have plenty in stock. As before, dealers vary and i'm not sure about their inventory. I'd visit the store to see if they have it available.
    So there isn't a problem honoring an online price, even with the online only discount, in your store?

Colione

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    So there isn't a problem honoring an online price, even with the online only discount, in your store?
    Matching the online price is a case by case basis, but right now the Zio is the same online as it is in the stores since they have so much advertising surrounding it at that price. If the prices are different, it really depends on a few different things including length of service, on time payments, active lines of service, etc. There really isn't a yes or no answer to your question, there are many variables.

Matching the online price is a case by case basis, but right now the Zio is the same online as it is in the stores since they have so much advertising surrounding it at that price. If the prices are different, it really depends on a few different things including length of service, on time payments, active lines of service, etc. There really isn't a yes or no answer to your question, there are many variables.
    Interesting.

Have you sold a lot of Zio's recently? Do your customers like them?

Colione

Interesting.

Have you sold a lot of Zio's recently? Do your customers like them?
    Quite a few. It is a good "starter" android to see if you'll like it IMO. If you've used one before and like it, you'll want to upgrade to something faster and with a better screen. In our area we can't flash phones because of the difference in frequencies in the newer markets (2009 or newer) so we're extremely limited compared to the rest of the country, which is kind of disappointing...

Quite a few. It is a good "starter" android to see if you'll like it IMO. If you've used one before and like it, you'll want to upgrade to something faster and with a better screen. In our area we can't flash phones because of the difference in frequencies in the newer markets (2009 or newer) so we're extremely limited compared to the rest of the country, which is kind of disappointing...
    Yeah, but some people are using flashed phones in AWS markets anyway. It's kind of annoying because we're not supposed to do that.

I have the first Ascend, so I don't think the Zio would really be an upgrade. It's not really a downgrade either. If I get anything it would probably be the Huawei Ascend 2 or Samsung Vitality. Possibly the Huawei Glory, but I don't see myself spending that much for a phone.

Colione

Yeah, but some people are using flashed phones in AWS markets anyway. It's kind of annoying because we're not supposed to do that.

I have the first Ascend, so I don't think the Zio would really be an upgrade. It's not really a downgrade either. If I get anything it would probably be the Huawei Ascend 2 or Samsung Vitality. Possibly the Huawei Glory, but I don't see myself spending that much for a phone.
    The Zio has a minutely faster processor (same plastic screen) as the Ascend. The Ascend II is nicer because the screen is slightly larger, and runs 2.3. The Vitality is sweet especially with the Muve music function and faster processor.

I haven't seen or played with the Glory yet, but from the specs, it should be an extremely nice seller.

Thats great to know thanks Ill be goin to the corp store this week im in the wilmington,DE market I agree the Zio is a great starter android phone and ill be going to the ascend II not far in the future or a better droid that comes out Ive been with Cricket over a year now I made a late payment 1 time.I had ALOT of issues in the beginning but stuck with Cricket do u guys take phones at the Corp stores toward money off or anything me and my fiance both have samsunf messanger touch mine is the black one great condition and hers is the white one but messed up the White around the screen is all messed up a piece broke off for some unknown reason and I had the bright idea of trying to take it off thinking it comes off but it doesnt lol

The Zio has a minutely faster processor (same plastic screen) as the Ascend. The Ascend II is nicer because the screen is slightly larger, and runs 2.3. The Vitality is sweet especially with the Muve music function and faster processor.

I haven't seen or played with the Glory yet, but from the specs, it should be an extremely nice seller.
    I have Android 2.3 on my Ascend thanks to CyanogenMod 7.

I like the Vitality but like I said I'm not looking to spend that much for a phone. I got my Ascend for $89.99 so now I don't want to spend too much more than $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post
    Thats great to know thanks Ill be goin to the corp store this week im in the wilmington,DE market I agree the Zio is a great starter android phone and ill be going to the ascend II not far in the future or a better droid that comes out Ive been with Cricket over a year now I made a late payment 1 time.I had ALOT of issues in the beginning but stuck with Cricket do u guys take phones at the Corp stores toward money off or anything me and my fiance both have samsunf messanger touch mine is the black one great condition and hers is the white one but messed up the White around the screen is all messed up a piece broke off for some unknown reason and I had the bright idea of trying to take it off thinking it comes off but it doesnt lol
    I don't think they will allow you to trade in your phone for a credit. If it was an authorized dealer it's possible they'd buy it cheap and resell it themselves but I'm not sure. You can always try selling it on Ebay.

Colione

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post
    Some of the Androids we do give trade in credits, but not for the Messager Touch unfortunately. The Wilmington store should have enough inventory and the price for the Zio is already $49.99 so you're good to go.

Yea I will just sell them on Ebay i wasnt sure if the stores did that or not My messenger touch will bring around $80 on ebay Hers im happy with $20 with the condition but that there pays for the Zio's hopefully I have no problems at the corp store.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information