Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Page Plus Cellular's "The 55" Plan - Competition For Cricket?

Page Plus Cellular is a provider running on Verizon Wireless' network. Their unlimited talk and text plan has been doing great ever since it launched, but customers have been wanting more and more data. Page Plus wasn't really competition for Cricket because they weren't able to offer a lot of data. It was good for talk and text, but not for an Android device. 20 MB of data simply wasn't enough. They've improved a lot, and started to offer unlimited talk, text, and 500 MB of data for $55 per month. That's closer to what Cricket offers. Now,
    Kitty Wireless

(a Page Plus Cellular dealer) has announced that Page Plus is going to start offering unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of data for the same $55 per month. That is the same amount of data that Cricket includes with their Android plan, but without throttling. With the ability to use Verizon Wireless' network 100% of the time, it might be a good alternative to Cricket.

Of course, Cricket offers unlimited international text messaging, along with other options such as international calling plans, and their new "Global Number" feature. Page Plus doesn't offer any of that.

So, what do you think. Is Page Plus now competition for Cricket Wireless, or not?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

From what I read about the 1gb of data on Page Plus is that it's for one year only. And you have to of course, keep renewing every month.

I don't think it's any competition. Just my point of view.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Quote Originally Posted by knewsom32 View Post
    From what I read about the 1gb of data on Page Plus is that it's for one year only. And you have to of course, keep renewing every month.

I don't think it's any competition. Just my point of view.
    Yeah, it is a temporary promotion. I forgot to mention that. This does show the direction that Page Plus (and cellular in general) is going in. I really think it is time for Cricket to increase their cap. Maybe they're going to allow people to purchase bursts of speed on select days instead of the throttling, but I think they should increase the whole cap at the same time. For example, they could offer 2 GB of data on Android, and then still offer the "bursts of data".

It's just a little upsetting that a Verizon MVNO can catch up to Cricket data wise.

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Yeah, it is a temporary promotion. I forgot to mention that. This does show the direction that Page Plus (and cellular in general) is going in. I really think it is time for Cricket to increase their cap. Maybe they're going to allow people to purchase bursts of speed on select days instead of the throttling, but I think they should increase the whole cap at the same time. For example, they could offer 2 GB of data on Android, and then still offer the "bursts of data".

It's just a little upsetting that a Verizon MVNO can catch up to Cricket data wise.
    That's the only good thing about the service I think... Is that it's Verizon's network... (I have the Galaxy Nexus, and with my 4G LTE, I'm never on wifi) I loveeee it.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Verizon has just a tiny bit more available bandwidth than Cricket.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

That's the only good thing about the service I think... Is that it's Verizon's network... (I have the Galaxy Nexus, and with my 4G LTE, I'm never on wifi) I loveeee it.
    Yeah, I agree, the main attraction is Verizon's network.

4G is another thing. I don't think 4G is available on Page Plus at this time. 4G is probably going to be available with Cricket before it is with Page Plus.

So, both companies have their advantages. I do think Cricket can lose some customers with Page Plus, but I also think people could switch from Page Plus to come over to Cricket because of the attractive offerings Cricket has (such as their Muve Music and "Global Number" feature which I mentioned earlier).

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Never seen a page plus store/dealer/phone/advertisement out west. Non issue.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Never seen a page plus store/dealer/phone/advertisement out west. Non issue.
    There aren't really any here either. I think most of their customers are people who have done their research and have found them online. There are dealers though. It's like Simple Mobile.. Do you have a Simple Mobile dealer around there? I know we don't here.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

They're less of a competition than boost..

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

There aren't really any here either. I think most of their customers are people who have done their research and have found them online. There are dealers though. It's like Simple Mobile.. Do you have a Simple Mobile dealer around there? I know we don't here.
    Simple is vaporware as far as I can tell. No one I know has been able to sign up because of their beta period.

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

I think a good competitor would be Republic Wireless... Yeah, they are small now... But I'm just waiting for it to blow up.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Oh wait I think I meant Republic. Thats the one that uses wifi right? Signups are closed last i heard.

Simple runs on Tmo so thats also a non issue for me. Tmo sucks here.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

From Republicwireless.com
    Our beta is currently full but we would love to connect with you when more seats become available.

Meh!

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Oh damn. I just read up on it... Well, I thought what they had going on was a good idea...

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Ya it sounds good, but I dont think wifi is as stable and everywhere as they make it out to be. Plus the whole beta thing is a real turn off. Beta, when it comes to wireless, does NOT scream reliability to me.

But then I have been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    They're less of a competition than boost..
    Yeah, there are a lot more Boost Mobile dealers than Simple Mobile dealers from what I've seen. You don't see a Simple Mobile phone at Radioshack either.

I think a good competitor would be Republic Wireless... Yeah, they are small now... But I'm just waiting for it to blow up.
    They can definitely be a competitor, especially for people who are always at home connected to WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Oh wait I think I meant Republic. Thats the one that uses wifi right? Signups are closed last i heard.

Simple runs on Tmo so thats also a non issue for me. Tmo sucks here.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

From Republicwireless.com
    Our beta is currently full but we would love to connect with you when more seats become available.

Meh!
    Correct, they use WiFi, and Sprint as a "backup" when WiFi isn't available. There are a lot of bugs right now, and they already took too many people in on the beta, so it might be a while for them to get everything fixed up. It definitely has potential. I'm a little worried though because they're saying it's true unlimited now, which isn't really profitable. They really need to get their Fair Use policy back up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information