Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

pageplus vs cricket. make me want to stay with cricket.

I been with cricket for 5 years or so, now I see pageplus is offering 55 dollar plans that are about the same as cricket.
    I don't see where cricket is giving me a better deal.
    I'll give you one idea why I am thinking about switching. On the cricket map it shows that I should be able to roam, however I never can pick up a bar. I dont mined paying a little to roam, but I could get better coverage and faster 3g for the same money.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

So switch and please report back how great it is. No one says Cricket is the best carrier out there.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by asuddendeath View Post
    but I could get better coverage and faster 3g for the same money.
    faster 3g? pageplus is a mvno off verizon and you may get better coverage but they are much stricter on data policies, and roaming is out of the question. you will get the same 3g as any other 3g evdo connection. roaming with a cricket unlimited monthly plan costs $5 for 30 minutes of talk time and 'unlimited' data usage outside of normal coverage areas. visit
    Cell Phone Plans | Cell Phones | Cell Phone Service | Cricket Wireless

for more information.

look at the coverage map of pagpplus, you may never go into a roaming area. and 2 gigs a month of data, well it sounds about the same to me.

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

verizon/pageplus coverage map is a lie. (verizon does have partner coverage, and roaming areas subject to terms and conditions listed in the tiny print)

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    verizon/pageplus coverage map is a lie. (verizon does have partner coverage, and roaming areas subject to terms and conditions listed in the tiny print)
    Roaming. You are “roaming” whenever you make or receive a call using a transmission site outside your home coverage area, or using another company’s transmission site. Your wireless phone may sometimes connect to and roam on another company’s network even when you are within your coverage area or local calling area. There may be extra charges (including charges for long distance, tolls, or calls that don’t connect) and higher rates for roaming calls, depending on your plan. Availability, quality of coverage and Services while roaming are not guaranteed.
    I looked at the map and everywhere I go is green, I see a few yellow areas (roaming). Not sure if I am missing something in the fine print.

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

"Availability, quality of coverage and Services while roaming are not guaranteed" no services are guaranteed even while not roaming. since pageplus is underneath verizon you also get sub-par services. the coverage map is generated considering the best quality radio and best quality service package. you are not guaranteed 3g speeds, and will be subject to throttling during peak hours so verizon customers receive better service than pageplus.

"Page Plus Unlimited Plan services are provided solely for live dialogue between two individuals for personal use. Other uses have the potential to disrupt reliable service to other Page Plus customers and/or have an impact on network resources, so are therefore considered abuse of the service and will not be allowed."

as i mentioned, pageplus operates underneath verizon and therefore are very strict on usage.

"Coverage maps are available on our website,
    www.pagepluscellular.com

. These maps are for informational purposes only. Page Plus Cellular does not guarantee coverage, service availability or the rate charged for any particular call. Even within a coverage area, other factors not under Page Plus Cellular’s control may interfere with your actual service. Actual coverage and service areas may vary from the maps and may change without notice."

http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Term...onditions.aspx

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    So switch and please report back how great it is. No one says Cricket is the best carrier out there.
    I also agree with woof here. . you will never know for sure your personal experience unless you do it yourself

Recognized Dev |Łèĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Pageplus is alright, (have it on my second iPhone) , the only thing is that once your gigs are up they cut data completely.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Ok, thanks guys. I will read some more. For the data most of the time I have to try hard to go over 1 gig a month.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Straight talk offers a great nation wide plan on android for 45 a month and their coverage areas are amazing as far as i know they work almost everywhere i would like to invite you all to check out my thread on the sanyo zio Sanyo Zio: Great or Garbage

Thread Information