Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Paygo confusion led to disconnect and loss of money

i had a bad start to my day today. lets start the story here. (as a note I'm a paygo daily plan user and have been for years)

A couple days ago I got a EVO 4g and flashed it and got my Droid removed from my account (supposedly removed i asked because i was planning to sell it and didnt want any problems) and my EVO activated and did a $15 top up card.

well early this morning my friend showed up at my door he had been jumped the night before and his phone got broke when it happened. so i decided to give him my droid.

well we called and went to get it hooted up and the rep said that the phone was still tied to my account. i got on the phone and they said they were going to release the phone from my account no problem. out of concern for my account i asked if it was going to have any affect on my phone working and was told "no this will not affect your account".

well when the droid was hooked up in my friends name and funds added he did the *228 and when the phone rebooted he tried to call me and thats when we found my phone was disconnected.

so i called *611 and got a different rep and was told that my account was marked as lost or stolen and deactivated. i was in shock and then told the rep what happened and asked if the flag could be removed and he said let me see what i can do and put me on hold when he picked up the phone he said he couldnt and i asked for a supervisor. at this point i was hot and bout to go off on them but the supervisor told me that if i went back to the store and got a top up card then call back get the phone activated on a new account then ask for a supervisor again that with an actiave account with funds that the superviser on the phone would be able to add funds to my account equial to the ammount that was on my old account ($11.80) and that he would put a note in the system to do so.

well i was annoyed but went and got a card and called back and got set up and added the funds then asked for a supervisor. when i got on the phone with this supervisor he said that they couldnt give me a credit and that there was a note from the supervisor from before but it said that they would not credit me.

at this point i went off on the poor guy because the rep lied to me and my account got deactivated so i lost my phone number and will have to contact all my doctors and so forth to change my number and i lost $11.80. then continued to go off on him because a supervisor lied to me as well and told me i could get a credit then made it so i couldn't.

i continued to go off on him because ive been a cricket user for years (roughly 5 years) and had never had any real problems that other than getting charged for long distance when making a local call (there was a problem because a new area code in my city) and that i had gotten many prople to switch to cricket.

well he said sorry and hung up. (i got hung up on a few times while trying to figure this all out and im not sure why but the above was the calls that went somewhere so to speak)

in the end i ended up with a different number and $11.80 in lost funds and about ready to tell cricket to bugger off. wish that the reps were educated and honest

2. Remove this advertisement.

Do you have a corporate store you can go to in your area? I'm sure the corporate store can credit the $11.80.

I'm not sure about the phone number, but you can try to get it back. I'm sure somebody has the ability to do it. If the corporate store can't, I would think they have some way to submit a request to someone with more power for more complex matters.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

yes theres a corp. store im thinking about going there. but i just posted about it on crickets facebook page. i did my best to sum it up in the 1000 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    yes theres a corp. store im thinking about going there. but i just posted about it on crickets facebook page. i did my best to sum it up in the 1000 character limit.
    If you're able to get to the corporate store, I would just go there.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

well its walk there and its way too cold for that. maybe i can find a ride.

i know its not much money but to me its a lot and all the bs i have to go threw to change my number with everyplace is crazy. i was on the phone on hold almost 3 hours with the one goverment number i had to call just to tell them my new number

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    well its walk there and its way too cold for that. maybe i can find a ride.

i know its not much money but to me its a lot and all the bs i have to go threw to change my number with everyplace is crazy. i was on the phone on hold almost 3 hours with the one goverment number i had to call just to tell them my new number
    Send me your old number. I'll see if I can get your old account reactivated.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Send me your old number. I'll see if I can get your old account reactivated.
    ok thank you

Verified Developer
    Customer Since
    Never
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

Told you this forum had good people my man. Sorry to hear about all the crap you had.... At least you have a rooted evo on cricket

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_DevNull View Post
    Told you this forum had good people my man. Sorry to hear about all the crap you had.... At least you have a rooted evo on cricket
    oh i know there is good people here.
    thanks again for the help with my evo.

Thread Information