Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Phone flashing

Overall activity: 2.0%

Phone flashing

I am considering purchasing a Motorola Razr V3M that has been fully flashed to work on Cricket.

I have heard so much about flashing but
    I am ignorant on these matters

Is it "bad"? Are there any drawbacks to this? I am going this route because I love the razr I used before and want to get another. I have heard purchasing a flahed phone is not a good idea. Please provide me with pros and cons on this as I have no idea what is involved.

Thanks
    jman

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

What have you learned from googling the net about it (so that no one repeats what you already know)?

1. Pro - flashing is like changing your computer's operating system from "stock xp" to a "customized windows 7 with more ability".
    2. Con - you void your warranty and your carrier/phone maker isnt going to help you if you have problems with it. (You can revert back to stock but you have to know what you are doing).

on the razr you will lose the memory card usage when you flash the cricket monster file. also if its a red razr from sprint do not flash it. The phone will brick.

It is my understanding that when you but a refurbished phone...like the one I want...there isn't much of a warranty anyway. The company that flashes the phone is The Wireless Solution Store. I

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Thanks for responding. It says it is a grey razr that is fully flashed to cricket. I found it at The Wireless Solution Store on line and from what I have been able to see is that they seem very reputable. I am not worried about the warranty since I never had a phone where the warranty was worth anything..It is Grey not Red and they said they have personally flashed to cricket. It also comes with 1 GB removable memory.

Does all this sound right to you? TYHANK YOU for responding

Sincerely
    jman

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

It appears that the phone initially was either T-Mobile or Verizon. Noy sure yet. Does this info help? Are these phones okay to flash to cricket? If not why?

Thanks
    jman

It would have to be verizon, if its already flash you are ready to go just remember the menory card slot will not work any more cause it was flash with cricket v3c monster file because there is no v3m monster file,

Thread Information