Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 5.0%

Pretty upset about having a $500 paperweight...

When I bought my GS3 at the cricket store a while back it was not cheap. I do not make much money and the $500 ish price tag was not easy to afford. I wanted to get my first good smart phone so I bought it with plans to keep it for a long time because of the cost.

Well needless to say I'm pretty upset about this phone becoming absolutely useless in march..

I can't even sell it I mean who is going to buy a phone they can't use? And trading it in at cricket is not something I want to do because I don't want any of the phones they have available.

I just ordered a OnePlus One because my phone will become useless in march and instead of being able to sell the phone and get some of my money back I'm out the full $500 or whatever I paid for it when I bought it off cricket.

Now I love having cricket I have never had any issues with cricket until this merger.

Now I have a $500 paper weight, I'm loosing my tethering and Muve music... The music I'm not too worried about since I didn't use to to often but it was nice to have. The tethering I actually use for business but the thing that really stings is the GS3 becoming a useless paperweight.

Is there anything I can do to recover some of the money I spent on this phone when I bought it? The cricket trade in program is that only for buying a new phone or can I trade mine in for credit towards my bill or something?

I don't think the phone can be flashed to work on another carrier can it?

I would just like to recover Something I mean at least a portion of what I spent on this thing.

I'm just feeling defeated and aggravated.

Thanks.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

Sell it on eBay. The lcd is still worth $100 or more. Maybe it can be flashed to a different CDMA carrier. I just sold both my s3 for about 120 each. The sch-r530 was used by many carriers and still used by many. So the guy who dropped his us cellular s3 and cracked his lcd would love to buy your whole phone for the lcd and make his work again without having to buy a new phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 5.0%

I didn't think about people buying it for parts. I'll have to put it on ebay as soon as my OnePlus One gets here. My Gs3 is like brand new Its been in a case with a screen protector since the day I bought it and never been dropped so the screen is perfect. Good Idea hopefully someone will buy it and I can make up some of that money I spent on the phone.

Thanks.

Also I'm not sure about using it on another CDMA carrier I read another thread where folks were saying its not possible but I really don't know. I have it rooted with a custom rom and I know you can set up APN's and stuff but I don't know enough about how actually connecting to a carrier works to know if its possible. Maybe someone will know for sure.

I'll def put it on eBay though and hopefully I can get it sold.

Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

I have flashed many phones to cricket. Never have I tried to flash a cricket phone to another carrier. Make sure you mention that the lcd can be used on any SCH-R530 variation. As well as the Sim reader and various other internals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Thread Information