Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    Nov 2011

Question Question about Cricket Android phones and Cricket Paygo plans

Hello,

I just joined this group and am a Cricket Paygo subscriber since Nov. 2011. I currently have a Samsung Messenger Touch phone activated on the $2/day paygo plan. I live in Niagara Falls, ON, but do a lot of travelling within the US(mostly to DE/Philly, PA areas).

I have recently received a Cricket Samsung Vitality phone as a gift and found out in another forum about transferring my number to the Android phone and keeping my same $2/day paygo plan, but was told that can't happen....

Reason I want to keep my $2/day paygo plan is that it is cheaper option for me since it would only cost me money on days that I use the phone so IMO it is the perfect plan, while travelling within the US. Also I do not have any use for the Muve Music service...I'm sure it's a great service, but it's not for me.

I definitely would like to somehow upgrade to an Android handset though

So my question is, does Cricket have any Android phones that I could buy, but be able to activate it under the paygo pay by day plans?

Thank You,
    T Martin

2. Remove this advertisement.
    It's life, live it!
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by tjemartin View Post
    Hello,

I just joined this group and am a Cricket Paygo subscriber since Nov. 2011. I currently have a Samsung Messenger Touch phone activated on the $2/day paygo plan. I live in Niagara Falls, ON, but do a lot of travelling within the US(mostly to DE/Philly, PA areas).

I have recently received a Cricket Samsung Vitality phone as a gift and found out in another forum about transferring my number to the Android phone and keeping my same $2/day paygo plan, but was told that can't happen....

Reason I want to keep my $2/day paygo plan is that it is cheaper option for me since it would only cost me money on days that I use the phone so IMO it is the perfect plan, while travelling within the US. Also I do not have any use for the Muve Music service...I'm sure it's a great service, but it's not for me.

I definitely would like to somehow upgrade to an Android handset though

So my question is, does Cricket have any Android phones that I could buy, but be able to activate it under the paygo pay by day plans?

Thank You,
    T Martin
    No, all PayGo android phones must be activated on the $55.00 a month plan. When we activate them in Cricket's system, the only plan that shows up us the $55.00 monthly plan with 1000 minutes
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

I've never done it, but I imagine a proxy flashed Android could be used on the $2/day plan.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieKDealer View Post
    I've never done it, but I imagine a proxy flashed Android could be used on the $2/day plan.
    Great idea ArkieDealer! You are absolutely right. Cricket wouldn't know what type of phone it is since the MEID would not be in Cricket's system and the system would display ALL PayGo available plans.

Nice alternative!
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    Nov 2011

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    Great idea ArkieDealer! You are absolutely right. Cricket wouldn't know what type of phone it is since the MEID would not be in Cricket's system and the system would display ALL PayGo available plans.

Nice alternative!
    Sorry about the delay in getting back, but could a Metro PCS Samsung Admire be flashed and fully functional in terms of voice and text on the Cricket network?

Thank you for your help

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    Cricket wouldn't know what type of phone it is since the MEID would not be in Cricket's system
    as far as i know the system will only allow the MEID of known phones onto the pay-go. and only phones allowed by the system. i will double check tomorrow but you can't put the merc, transfix, ascend2 or any phone that has not been introduced as a pay-go phone onto pay-go

Quote Originally Posted by tjemartin View Post
    could a Metro PCS Samsung Admire be flashed and fully functional in terms of voice and text on the Cricket network?
    i am sure this is very possible. mms/data may need a fix and of course you must worry about your plan type. flashed phones don't operate well in AWS markets.

Thread Information