Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Retailer Unable to Register Verizon MEID?

Hi all,

Trying to see if this is an isolated incident, or if anyone has additional info. I live in an AWS market (Baltimore area). Went to an authorized retailer today to try to set up a new cricket plan, and register a Verizon Droid X. Salesperson did not think the phone would work, and warned me I would not be able to get my first month's payment back if it didn't work. I agreed, and she attempted to register me for the Android plan.

She came back, and said the system would not let her register the Verizon MEID, as it was not a cricket phone. Said there was nothing she could do, and offered that maybe if I took it to a cricket store they could do it there. I specifically asked why it wouldn't work, and she told me it was the system itself that would not allow the MEID number.

Has anyone heard of this before? Is this new, possibly in conjunction with the new cricket Huwei rollout? Any thoughts on whether they would be able to do it at an actual cricket store, if she was unable to do it? Anyone think maybe she was just messing it up and I should continue shopping around to other dealers to try to get a plan?

Unsure if I'm just stuck at this point. Thoughts on if I go to a non-AWS market, if things might be different? Just pretty disappointed that I was read to make the leap, and seem to have hit a wall. Hoping this was just a weird occurrence, but thought I'd report in.

Thanks for any insight! Do plan to try some more places, unless others chime in that it's just not going to happen. Will try to report back.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Honestly the only ESNs we have had problems with are the Thunderbolt's. Maybe they didn't really try even.

You may know that we do ESN changes for our supporting members. We haven't had to turn any Droid X owners around yet.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

so, try another shop or two - and if that doesn't work, should I just register using any old CDMA phone I have lying around, and do the ESN change to the Droid X after the account has been started?

Thread Information