Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Should Leap Wireless Be Worried About Simple Mobile's New Plan?

As we've seen in this thread here, Leap Wireless is not worried about Verizon's new $50 unlimited everything plan (for feature phones). Over at Howard Forums, it's been said that Simple Mobile is coming out with a new plan. It will be $40/month for unlimited talk, text, and web, on T-Mobile's nationwide 3G network. For $60/month, there will be unlimited talk, text, and web, on T-Mobile 4G network.

Do you think Cricket should be worried about these new plans? They are attractive, but you will lose the ability to roam on other networks. If T-Mobile is not available in the area you're in, you simply won't get service.

Cricket might be coming out with a $45/month Android plan for 1,000 minutes. If they're doing Muve Music for $45/month with 1,000 minutes and Android with Muve Music for $55/month (with 1,000 minutes) I would think they could do $45/month Android (regular, without Muve Music) for $45/month. That's $5/month more than Simple Mobile, and you won't have unlimited, but your service might be better.

What do you think about this?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

It's a non issue. T-mo sucks no matter what name you call it. People really don't like phones that wont roam. Trust me, cricket customers been telling me that for years. Thats why Cricket inked those deals so customers could roam.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

I'm a dealer for both. The name recognition, marketing, and support that Cricket gives (when they aren't trying to break one off in us with chargebacks, reduced margins, etc.) keeps Cricket way ahead of the game compared to Simple. Great rates though and the new Blackberry rate with 3g data, MMS, and BIS should get Simple some business. I will be pushing it in my store.

For most of us though, Simple is just the answer to, "Hey, can you flash my ATT phone?"

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    It's a non issue. T-mo sucks no matter what name you call it. People really don't like phones that wont roam. Trust me, cricket customers been telling me that for years. Thats why Cricket inked those deals so customers could roam.
    Yeah, I really like having the ability to roam. I even added money to my Flex Bucket account for it. It would be nice if Simple Mobile at least offered roaming. Even if it was $1 per minute, it will still work if you need it. I was just reading a thread on here and it said that Cricket has 20 roaming agreements (maybe more). So, I thought that was pretty good!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Honestly, how many people have even heard of simple mobile? Very few in many areas.

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Honestly, how many people have even heard of simple mobile? Very few in many areas.
    I'm not sure but like everything else the word can spread.

Thread Information