Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Stupid cricket data crap!!!

Ok so I got cricket for the same reason most people do - I have bad credit and couldnt afford the security deposit with one of the GOOD carriers (dont get mad, thats why your all here to). Anyway I have a Huawei Crapsend and pay $65 a month. The voice and text service is ok(ish) even though I cant send or recieve pics or videos anymore and no one seems to be able to figure out WHY. Anyone want to know the corporate answer to that problem? BUY A NEW PHONE! Thanks cricket! But there is one thing that REALLY pisses me off!

THAT STUPID WORTHLESS DATA CAP!!!

They only give you a miserly little amount of data to begin with and then when you hit that cap they choke you down to a TRICKLE! I can burn through thier pathetic little "allowance" of data in 2-3 days! I HAVE AN ANDROID PEOPLE! ITS MORE DATA INTENSIVE! And then after they choke you back your LUCKY if you can even view a basic webpage! Forget about watching a youtube video unless you want it to pause every SECOND to buffer! I actually did a speed test and you know what kind of speed i was getting?

6kb/sec! SIX KILOBITES!!!! ARE YOU F**KIN KIDDING ME?!

Listen to me cricket! I dont care what I have to do or what YOU have to do! I will pay more per month if you want but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE ME MORE GODD**N SPEED! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

Either that, or I will save up that $750 deposit that AT&T wants to screw me for and get a non-ghetto cellular provider.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    EVO 4G

Semper fi devil. One thing you can do is switch over to the $45 plan instead of the more expensive $55 Android plan that u r on now. The $45 plan has no data cap and so the speeds are not throttled. You just get slightly slower speeds than u would get on the Android plan. 400-500kbps would be an average speed. It's still fast enough to watch YouTube and stream music.

If u want to try that, just send a message to the admin(contact form) on this forum and they can switch your plan for free. Don't call the Cricket customer service. By the way, this forum is not affiliated with Cricket. Its ran by Cricket users trying to help other Cricket users.

Sent from my Boost'd Evo using Tapatalk

Apparently because I have an android phone i HAVE to have the $55 smartphone plan. But check this out. The ONLY smartphone plan that cricket has only has a 1gb data cap! 1GB! LOOK!

"Rate plan contains a 1GB data usage level. Once you reach your usage level your speeds will be reduced. See our
    Fair Use Policy

for details."

WHAT KIND OF SHIT IS THAT?! IM ACTUALLY PENALIZED FOR HAVING A SMARTPHONE!! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU CRICKET?!

Last edited by xUSMC SSGTx; 08-16-2011 at 05:14 AM.

Phone
    EVO 4G

No, the Android plan is not required, but they tell u it is. The $45 plan will work and it is not throttled. I think the only thing u may have to do is change the settings for your mms picture messenging. There are a few authorized Cricket dealers on here that know all of the specifics and will tell u the truth, but most of them won't be up for awhile. The owner of this site, chrisngrod, can hook u up with the 45 plan if u fill out that contact form or if u just want more info.

Sent from my Boost'd Evo using Tapatalk

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Welcome. I'll try to address a few things in this response.

Most companies aren't giving unlimited data away anywhere. 1GB is extremely low in my opinion and the throttled speeds put you back in the stone age. They are only acceptable if you are stranded on a deserted island. They could have a bigger market share and generate more revenue if they increased their limit and advertise it. Since they are choosing to neglect their broadband customers and lose tons of them, this is all the better reason to increase the limits on the Android plan.

When going on the 45 plan, most of those people are on Android devices from other providers. I've had Ascends work for talk, text and Internet by just being on the 45 plan without any additional modifications. I've also heard of certain apps not working. Now if you root it and use autostart/u2nl or my favorite, greenk45. The Internet should be fine. We'd have to play with the MMS settings if it didn't work. Devices like the Evo3d and Evo4G have the same MMS settings for both plans.

I wasn't here initially cause of credit problems. Although by the end of my divorce, yes I had problems. I was initially here because that ex decided to commit credit fraud and report my brand new Samsung Epic stolen cause of an argument lol.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

If I reply I'll be banned. LOL

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

But d00d srsly, liek wat'chu doin to use so much data????????????????????????????

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    But d00d srsly, liek wat'chu doin to use so much data????????????????????????????
    You replied!! Banned!!! j/k
    My question exactly. What are you doing that you are burning through 1gb in two or 3 days?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I'm a heavy user, but I could get away with 2.5gb per month honestly. I save the Youtube for WiFi or will just use a computer at home. When I'm on the road, the Cricket Evo 3D is mounted, and I'm either streaming Pandora or iHeartRadio. Even with that I wouldn't be burning through 1GB in a few days.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I use a lot of data too. Listening to the radio and streaming video uses a lot of course. I tether a lot now too and that can use a lot of data depending on how long you're tethering and what you're doing.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I use a lot of data too. Listening to the radio and streaming video uses a lot of course. I tether a lot now too and that can use a lot of data depending on how long you're tethering and what you're doing.
    Tethering doesn't count because it's not supported so it's not factored into what Cricket considers in their fair use policy. Of it counts to you, but to for the sake of this argument how much data do you use w/o the tethering bit?
    And why not just listen to the radio on a.. wait for it...RADIO? Save you some data no?

Avenue, I forget. Is your Cricket phone your only connection to the web or do you have home internet as well?
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Tethering doesn't count because it's not supported so it's not factored into what Cricket considers in their fair use policy. Of it counts to you, but to for the sake of this argument how much data do you use w/o the tethering bit?
    And why not just listen to the radio on a.. wait for it...RADIO? Save you some data no?

Avenue, I forget. Is your Cricket phone your only connection to the web or do you have home internet as well?
    I have a home Internet connection too.

The most I've used was 500 MB in one day without tethering.

I can listen to the radio on my computer, but that's not as much fun.

I'm weird when it comes to cell phones. I never use WiFi, although I have access to it, and I always want to use a lot of data. I like using the "cellular network". It is just something that amazes me. I know, it's weird..

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

ok thats what I thought. So you could turn on wifi and save your data? Youre funny. Wifi is so much faster than 3g, I rarely use 3g unless I am out and about. Wifi at home, and at the store, means very little data used.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    ok thats what I thought. So you could turn on wifi and save your data? Youre funny. Wifi is so much faster than 3g, I rarely use 3g unless I am out and about. Wifi at home, and at the store, means very little data used.
    Yeah, I could use WiFi, but that's not any fun..

My goal was 5 GB for this month but I don't know if I can hit it or not.

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

I am a cell phone-a-holic and I don't go over 1gb.

Ask Chris, Facebook is my drug on my cell phone, constantly on it. Plus my games, oh I love my games. Especially Pocket Legends (which requires 3g or internet; if you haven't heard of this game, I would seriously check it out!) Only one time have I ever gone over my 1gb. That was when I was visiting my family up in North Texas.

Anywho, I hope you get it figured out bud.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information