Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6



    Ok I am LITERALLY about to go blind with rage.

    To answer everyones questions,

    1. This is my only internet access
    2. I tether at work
    3. I use my phone to watch youtube and other streaming media (alot)

    Also I dont use picture/video messaging on my phone because I accidentally erased the stock messaging app when I installed GoSMS. For pics/vids i use email.

    So can anyone tell me what i should do here? Am I stuck with this bull**** data cap because i want an android?

    And to the horses scrotum at cricket that thought it would be a good idea to put a 1gb data cap on a SMARTPHONE plan - you need to die a very slow and painful death! I HATE YOU CRICKET!!!!

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #17
    Jumpmaster
    Points: 2,456,084, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 456
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,421
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5



    Would someone pull the stock MMS.apk for the ole Staff Sergeant here?

    Tethering on the 45 dollar plan is possible, but you have to enter the proxy in your web browser. Certain program would have to be configured for the proxy to work also (AIM, Yahoo, etc). Even without tethering 1GB is a little low, but they also never designed the plan to be used with tethering. 2.5-5GB seems fair to me.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

    If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

  4. #18
    Senior Member
    Points: 10,804, Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Woof's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 60
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    2,039
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D



    Quote Originally Posted by xUSMC SSGTx View Post
    Ok I am LITERALLY about to go blind with rage.

    To answer everyones questions,

    1. This is my only internet access
    2. I tether at work
    3. I use my phone to watch youtube and other streaming media (alot)

    Also I dont use picture/video messaging on my phone because I accidentally erased the stock messaging app when I installed GoSMS. For pics/vids i use email.

    So can anyone tell me what i should do here? Am I stuck with this bull**** data cap because i want an android?

    And to the horses scrotum at cricket that thought it would be a good idea to put a 1gb data cap on a SMARTPHONE plan - you need to die a very slow and painful death! I HATE YOU CRICKET!!!!
    Sorry but I have to laugh a little here. Youre pissed because the product you chose doesn't meet your needs when it's made clear that two of your common activities are not included in the design of the product (1 and 2) and yet you continue to rail against Cricket for this.
    It's a phone, not a full time conduit to the web. Accept it and move on.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

    Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

  5. #19
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Sorry but I have to laugh a little here. Youre pissed because the product you chose doesn't meet your needs when it's made clear that two of your common activities are not included in the design of the product (1 and 2) and yet you continue to rail against Cricket for this.
    It's a phone, not a full time conduit to the web. Accept it and move on.
    I'm pissed OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TODAY MY CAR WOULDN'T START AND I TRIED TO BOOST IT.. I CALLED CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND ONLY THEN WAS I TOLD I CANNOT BOOST MY CAR BATTERY WITH MY CRICKET CELL PHOME...


    LIKE WHAT THE HECK!!>!>!>?!?!?!





  6. #20
    Senior Member
    Points: 10,804, Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Woof's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 60
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    2,039
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D



    Lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I'm pissed OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TODAY MY CAR WOULDN'T START AND I TRIED TO BOOST IT.. I CALLED CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND ONLY THEN WAS I TOLD I CANNOT BOOST MY CAR BATTERY WITH MY CRICKET CELL PHOME...


    LIKE WHAT THE HECK!!>!>!>?!?!?!




    Sent from MIUI4DX

    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

    Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

  7. #21
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    I think you should relax a little.

    Read over the replies in this thread again.

    The $45/month plan might work for you.

    If you still can't deal with it, go over to Virgin Mobile.
    http://www.virginusers.com/general-d...one-plans.html








    You would be interested in the Beyond Talk plans.




  8. #22
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6



    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Sorry but I have to laugh a little here. Youre pissed because the product you chose doesn't meet your needs when it's made clear that two of your common activities are not included in the design of the product (1 and 2) and yet you continue to rail against Cricket for this.
    It's a phone, not a full time conduit to the web. Accept it and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I'm pissed OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TODAY MY CAR WOULDN'T START AND I TRIED TO BOOST IT.. I CALLED CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND ONLY THEN WAS I TOLD I CANNOT BOOST MY CAR BATTERY WITH MY CRICKET CELL PHOME...


    LIKE WHAT THE HECK!!>!>!>?!?!?!


    Alright scumbags, ill try to explain this in simple terms since reading comprehension doesnt appear to be in your very short list of skills.

    My PHONE is not the problem. My PHONE will do everything i expect it to do. I actually like my PHONE. The problem im having is with the extremely low data cap that cricket has on thier smartphone plan. If you had read (and understood) my post you would have seen that and could have avoided making yourselves look like retards. Live and learn huh boys?

    Now that im done with those two geniuses - I went to the cricket corporate store today and they said that there was no WAY that my phone could be used on the $45 plan. The houseplant that was working there said that all androids require the smartphone plan and if I wanted something different I would have to buy a new phone. Now what do i do? I dont have MMS so that wouldnt be an issue and my phone is rooted.

    Thoughts?

    Last edited by xUSMC SSGTx; 08-17-2011 at 11:41 PM.

  9. #23
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by xUSMC SSGTx View Post
    Alright scumbags, ill try to explain this in simple terms since reading comprehension doesnt appear to be in your very short list of skills.

    My PHONE is not the problem. My PHONE will do everything i expect it to do. I actually like my PHONE. The problem im having is with the extremely low data cap that cricket has on thier smartphone plan. If you had read (and understood) my post you would have seen that and could have avoided making yourselves look like retards. Live and learn huh boys?

    Now that im done with those two geniuses - I went to the cricket corporate store today and they said that there was no WAY that my phone could be used on the $45 plan. The houseplant that was working there said that all androids require the smartphone plan and if I wanted something different I would have to buy a new phone. Now what do i do? I dont have MMS so that wouldnt be an issue and my phone is rooted.

    Thoughts?
    I think we understand what you're talking about.

    Although the corporate store said you can't use the phone on the $45 plan, you can.

    Please use the contact form to change your plan: Contact Us - My Cricket Wireless Forum

    Please stop with the attitude towards our members. It will not be tolerated. If you attack our members again, you will receive a ban. Please feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem. Thank you.

  10. #24
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Please stop with the attitude towards our members. It will not be tolerated. If you attack our members again, you will receive a ban. Please feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem. Thank you.
    Ok, did they recieve a warning for thier "insightful" comments? No? I will apologize to you though avenue, but I simply CANNOT abid stupidity. I never could.

    But back on topic - so how does this plan change thing work? I send you the message and you change it for me? How will I know when its been changed? What if my phone stops working? Is there anything ill need to adjust in the phone itself?
    Last edited by xUSMC SSGTx; 08-18-2011 at 12:29 AM.

  11. #25
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by xUSMC SSGTx View Post
    Ok, did they recieve a warning for thier "insightful" comments? No? I will apologize to you though avenue, but I simply CANNOT abid stupidity. I never could.

    But back on topic - so how does this plan change thing work? I send you the message and you change it for me? How will I know when its been changed? What if my phone stops working? Is there anything ill need to adjust in the phone itself?
    As you can see, there were not any other warnings made public. Private warnings will be kept confidential.

    I recommend putting your request through the contact form. It will probably be completed in the morning.

    You might be interested in reading this.

  12. #26
    Senior Member
    Points: 10,804, Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Woof's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 60
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    2,039
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D



    Quote Originally Posted by xUSMC SSGTx View Post
    Ok, did they recieve a warning for thier "insightful" comments? No? I will apologize to you though avenue, but I simply CANNOT abid stupidity. I never could.

    But back on topic - so how does this plan change thing work? I send you the message and you change it for me? How will I know when its been changed? What if my phone stops working? Is there anything ill need to adjust in the phone itself?
    Hi Sarge.

    My reading comprehension is just fine, nor am I stupid. I am sorry youre having such a time with this data cap. I am going to offer some constructive criticism to help you with your approach to this problem. These are serious suggestions and no levity or sarcasm is intended.

    When asking strangers for help it is best not to shout profanities, even if they are not directed at the strangers. I don't think I need to post examples here.
    When help is offered in the form of suggestions that your are not familiar with, it is best to ask questions to obtain additional understanding. You completely ignored the first post about the 45 plan. Yes you did. It said don't go to a store, have us do it here. You blew right past that.
    To better understand your situation, I asked you how you were burning through your data so fast. To see if we could do anything. You responded with more profanity.
    Calling people names is no way to get them to help you. It makes it very hard to take you seriously.
    Find the correct audience for your problem. This forum is run by Cricket USERS, not Cricket. No one here has the ability to change the data cap. Shouting about it in post after post wont change that. I understand youre upset, but this statement
    Ok I am LITERALLY about to go blind with rage.
    is a bit much. Why? Because it makes you sound unstable and I don't think it makes people want to help you. The first post maybe, but after two or three I just stop caring about you at all.
    If you do manage to get to talk to someone at Cricket who has any influence, try to be polite and respectful. You'll get far more ants with honey than you will with vinegar.

    Although I am sure you are not going to like this, I would suggest getting used to the 1gb data cap or find another service. It's not going to change any time soon.

    Ok so I got cricket for the same reason most people do - I have bad credit and couldnt afford the security deposit with one of the GOOD carriers (dont get mad, thats why your all here to).
    I have to take issue with this statement. We're not all suffering from bad credit. Not really very nice of you to suggest we are. Many of us just realize it's not necessary to pay 2 or 3 times as much for the same service.

    Everyone in this thread that used profanity or called another member names received a warning. That's the way it is here.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

    Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

  13. #27
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6



    Well the reason I went to the store is because I dont understand all this ROMs and proxies and flashing and reprogramming and all that other stuff. I want to hand my phone to someone, tell them to make it work better and they fix it. Is that so bad? I know that if I start monkeying around under the hood of my phone im gonna screw it up something royal and then ill just have an expensive paperweight. I looked at that thread that avenue reccommended and they were talking about all kinds of craziness that I had NO clue about. All I want is faster internet on my phone, and if the only way to achieve that is to completely overhaul the software on my phone - then something is wrong.

    BTW - about the profanity. Ive been a Marine since I was 18 and sometimes thats the best way ive found to get a point across. Does it work on civilians? Not always - but it usually gets the job done one way or the other.

  14. #28
    Jumpmaster
    Points: 2,456,084, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 456
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,421
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5



    We welcome you to this site however, name calling, profanity, and in general behavior that wouldn't be tolerated in public will not fly on this site either. Disrespect towards my mods is something that especially gets to me. I'm building my team to hold down the fort when I go to Afghanistan. Maybe you can relate to that. I don't think I have to break it down Barney style.

    Cricket has flaws. The ones that are always at the top of my list are customer service (however, if you learn how to help yourself, you don't have to deal with customer service) and the other is their plans. 1GB is too low in my opinion. 2.5GB-5GB seems ideal to me and to keep them on par with other carriers. Now one can complain if they go over this because they're tethering, but we can complain about everything. Most companies charge 30-40 bucks if you want to enable their tethering app. Aside from that, their plans weren't made for tethering.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

    If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

  15. #29
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by xUSMC SSGTx View Post
    Well the reason I went to the store is because I dont understand all this ROMs and proxies and flashing and reprogramming and all that other stuff.
    That's why you're here..

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cricket starts nationwide 3G data roaming
    By CU-News in forum Cricket News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 08:09 PM
  2. Cricket Data Problem
    By kennyfool in forum Cricket Network Issues and Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 08:01 PM
  3. Cricket wins data speed test - or does it?
    By CU-News in forum Cricket News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 01:40 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner