Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

System Maintenance? WTF!

So my customers are bouncing to the cricket website because of system maintenance payments that I made on broadband modem accounts have not been processed since Thursday! Call Cricket and their support is shut down due to system maintenance! WTF Cricket? You continue to disappoint me with your assanine practices including raising my bill $5 for Nationwide access that I don't want or need. Slowly driving me to find another provider if you keep it up.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    LG Optimus C

I hate when Cricket does this. I think I hold the record for having the most bad luck with them so far. Things got so bad this past month I had no choice but to take legal action.

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Cricket's CID system was down for a long time this morning. Last night my dealer was having problems making some changes also.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

CID always seems to go down during rush hour on fridays and saturdays, for "maitenence". It causes so many headaches you wouldn't believe. But it's a lot better than last year when it would randomly crash 90% of the time in the middle of new activations. Things are getting better, and Cricket has gone so far in the past months. So I think things will get much better once they work out the kinks in the new system.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

All in all I've been more than happy with my experience with Cricket. If I could change one this it'd be the data cap. Just look for 2-3 gb minimum on the Android plan. Everything else is second to this.

I've also never been so involved with a carrier, so I think I'm more likely to notice problems.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    LG Optimus C

I remember when I couldn't pay my Cricket bill on-line, on the phone, and in the Cricket store because of computers problems. This went on for five days and guess what, Cricket had no problem charging me a late fee for not paying on time. WOW isn't that great......NOT! -- But I did explain the matter to a manager and the late fee was removed.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    I remember when I couldn't pay my Cricket bill on-line, on the phone, and in the Cricket store because of computers problems. This went on for five days and guess what, Cricket had no problem charging me a late fee for not paying on time. WOW isn't that great......NOT! -- But I did explain the matter to a manager and the late fee was removed.
    Late fee? Are you serious.. This no longer exists in our market.. I question whether it does in yours, or some unscrupulous person is charging it themselves..

There is a $15 activation fee if your account is off 1+ month and hits canceled status.. but late fee?? They ditched that last september.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I started with Cricket in September. I've never heard about a late fee either. I know if you are off 1+ month that it has to pretty much be started again from scratch.

I also know that if you're late on payment, you pay to get back on the current billing cycle.

IE

1. Bill due on the 1st every month.
    2. No payment and phone is turned off.
    3. I pay the bill on the 5th phone is turned back on.
    4. Bill is still due on 1st.

No extra charges, but I don't get credit for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Late fee? Are you serious.. This no longer exists in our market.. I question whether it does in yours, or some unscrupulous person is charging it themselves..

There is a $15 activation fee if your account is off 1+ month and hits canceled status.. but late fee?? They ditched that last september.
    It happen to me at a local store in Downtown LA. It's no big deal because the person I spoke with fix the error.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I started with Cricket in September. I've never heard about a late fee either. I know if you are off 1+ month that it has to pretty much be started again from scratch.

I also know that if you're late on payment, you pay to get back on the current billing cycle.

IE

1. Bill due on the 1st every month.
    2. No payment and phone is turned off.
    3. I pay the bill on the 5th phone is turned back on.
    4. Bill is still due on 1st.

No extra charges, but I don't get credit for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.
    If you're late, especially 1+ week, if you goto a corporate store, sometimes they'll adjust the bill and prorate the amount due. Of course it's probably not worth waiting in line.

They use to charge a 10-15 dollar reinstatement fee if your phone was off even for a day. They got rid of it a few weeks after I started with Cricket.
    Last edited by 154-4bdu114h; 07-17-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

There hasn't been a late fee since Aug of 2010. All markets dropped the fee. And how did you pay your bill in downtown LA? Cricket doesn't offer service or have stores in LA.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    There hasn't been a late fee since Aug of 2010. All markets dropped the fee. And how did you pay your bill in downtown LA? Cricket doesn't offer service or have stores in LA.
    If I said that, my error. The nearest store I goto is in San Diego, CA. It's a 40 minute drive from where I live.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    If I said that, my error. The nearest store I goto is in San Diego, CA. It's a 40 minute drive from where I live.
    That makes sense. So was it a dealer location or a Corp store? If you don't know give me the cross streets. Either way though, if they were trying to charge you a late fee they were scamming you.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    That makes sense. So was it a dealer location or a Corp store? If you don't know give me the cross streets. Either way though, if they were trying to charge you a late fee they were scamming you.

it's the store on 5399 El Cajon Blvd. It's a corporate owned store.

Well, my bill was due yesterday and I couldn't pay because the system was down. I just tried again now and it's down again. They better not shut off my service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information